PDA

View Full Version : Gay Presidential Debates

OURPLAN
07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Would Ron Paul even be invited to this debate?

http://gaypatriot.net/2007/07/10/the-first-gay-presidential-debatenope-not-a-joke

Wyurm
07-11-2007, 08:08 PM
It looks like its just for Democrats. I could be wrong but thats what it looked like it was saying.

Roxi
07-11-2007, 10:26 PM
maybe if we all emailed them telling them that RP doesnt believe in federal restriction on gay marraige...it doesnt really matter what his personal beliefs are because he would not vote against the constitution no matter what he believes

Gee
07-12-2007, 10:23 AM
maybe if we all emailed them telling them that RP doesnt believe in federal restriction on gay marraige...it doesnt really matter what his personal beliefs are because he would not vote against the constitution no matter what he believes
Well, I think they want a federal ruling allowing gay marriage, which Paul would never do.

Reading the comments on that post, it seems like they'd all support Paul! Maybe someone should forward this to the campaign?

nullvalu
07-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Yep I think its just for the DNC. It will be broadcasted on LOGO. The gay agenda evangelist network.

mdh
07-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Where *are* groups like the Log Cabin Republicans in terms of support for Dr. Paul? Hmmmmm. We should engage these folks better than we are right now. LCR is a very well-respected and professional organization within the GOP.

OURPLAN
07-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Even though Ron Paul is not a Democrat, I think it would be amazing if he could somehow get in on this debate. Who can we contact? Ron Paul is in a class all by himself. Whenever he speaks, people listen.

Bradley in DC
07-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Dr. Paul will not go where he is not invited (private property and all that). I'm pretty sure he support the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) to define marriage for Federal purposes but also opposes any such Constitutional amendment and, in short, thinks it's a state issue. Beyond that, individual rights, not group rights.

OURPLAN
07-12-2007, 03:36 PM
RP wasn't invited to IOWA and spoke anyway. I think he would be a nice additon to the DEM's. One sassy free thinking Rep/Lib to jazz things up.

Wyurm
07-12-2007, 03:43 PM
RP wasn't invited to IOWA and spoke anyway. I think he would be a nice additon to the DEM's. One sassy free thinking Rep/Lib to jazz things up.

It is a bit different. If no republican was invited then its ment to be for dems only. Whereas with Iowa, they invited all the other candidates, except Ron Paul.

However, the page that talks about it is not the same group that's holding the debate. The gay republicans would likely be interested in RP's message.