PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning! - Today's task is to get Ron Paul INCLUDED in the Fox News Forum!

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 05:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

To all of those just waking up you may not have been alerted to the news (confirmed by the official campaign) that Ron Paul has been has been excluded from the Fox News "Forum" of Republican candidates on January 6th!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/94/has-fox-news-excluded-ron-paul

It's now our obligation as freedom loving citizens to stand up for our candidate and demand to Fox News that he be INCLUDED in this forum of candidates! This is vitally important, because if we let them exclude him not ONLY will we miss out on valuable publicity, but a dangerous precedent will be established. If he is not allowed to participate the mainstream media (who have been making every effort to marginalize his campaign for months) will realize they can totally ignore Ron Paul and get away with it, because his support base is too weak to do anything about it!

Today we must tell the world we are NOT going to accept this manipulation and hi-jacking of the election by the mainstream media any longer! Ron Paul is a solid candidate, has a growing support base, has raised a large amount of money, and there is EVERY reason to include him in this debate. Their exclusion of him is totally unacceptable and we CANNOT allow this INJUSTICE to take place!

This is where we draw the line that must not be passed! From this day forward we will no longer allow this kind of blatant media censorship to take place. We have been watching for months as Ron Paul is ignored while other candidates with very little support, very little money, and feeble grassroots are "made" by the mainstream media. What has happened so far is an abomination in any free society and it must end now!

Please get started on these two tasks immediately.

1) Tell everyone you know about this travesty and urge them to start pushing to get Ron Paul included in this debate! Please send a special urgent message to all of your Myspace, Facebook, Digg, and other online friends. Additionally, don't forget to alert all of your MeetUp groups about this exclusion of our candidate!

2) Start faxing, calling, and emailing Fox News and other media organizations about this complete injustice and hijacking of the election! Please demand peacefully and politely that Ron Paul MUST be included in this forum on January 6th! We need to make it clear that we are NOT going to take this any longer. The media needs to know that if they don't include Ron Paul in this forum they are going to feel the full force of the peaceful, lawful, and non-violent RON PAUL REVOLUTION!

We have no time to spare if we want to ensure that Ron Paul is included in this forum. The time for peaceful and non-violent ACTION is right now! If we all get started immediately we can build up the most stunning *peaceful* grassroots protest this nation has ever seen!

Please help get Ron Paul into the Fox News Forum!

PS: There is a "debate" the day before the "forum" on January 5th. Ron Paul has been invited to that "debate." However, he has been excluded from the "forum" on January 6th. Please make it clear in all of your correspondence that we demand he be invited to participate in the "forum."

Xonox
12-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Good morning? Oh dear, I should probably get some sleep.
Go Ron Paul!

kushaze
12-29-2007, 05:42 AM
Dear Fox News,

Suck my balls.

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 05:43 AM
Lets all get started today spreading the word about how Ron Paul is being excluded from the Fox News Forum!

Sadly, the "Ron Paul Bury Brigade" buried over a DOZEN articles about this on DIGG last night. This means we need to kick this up to the next level! We need to spread the word about his exclusion far and wide!

Have all of you sent out a message to all of your Myspace and Facebook friends about this situation?

Have all of you sent a message to your friends on other forums about Ron Paul being excluded?

Have all of you sent a message to your MEETUP group alerting them to this?

Please spread the word far and wide!

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 05:55 AM
I am not alone here at all. There are thousands of us who want Ron Paul to be included in the Fox News forums. The 16 plus DIGG submissions have gotten thousands of diggs and comments from people who WANT Ron Paul to get into this debate! Why would we NOT want Ron Paul to be in the FINAL debate before the first primaries happen? Yep, Iowa is before this forum/debate but the fact of the matter is that there are many more AFTER this forum happens!

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-29-2007, 06:05 AM
nt

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 06:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

To all of those just waking up you may not have been alerted to the news (confirmed by the official campaign) that Ron Paul has been has been excluded from the Fox News "Forum" of Republican candidates on January 6th!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-rel...luded-ron-paul

It's now our obligation as freedom loving citizens to stand up for our candidate and demand to Fox News that he be INCLUDED in this forum of candidates! This is vitally important, because if we let them exclude him not ONLY will we miss out on valuable publicity, but a dangerous precedent will be established. If he is not allowed to participate the mainstream media (who have been making every effort to marginalize his campaign for months) will realize they can totally ignore Ron Paul and get away with it, because his support base is too weak to do anything about it!

Today we must tell the world we are NOT going to accept this manipulation and hi-jacking of the election by the mainstream media any longer! Ron Paul is a solid candidate, has a growing support base, has raised a large amount of money, and there is EVERY reason to include him in this debate. Their exclusion of him is totally unacceptable and we CANNOT allow this INJUSTICE to take place!

This is where we draw the line that must not be passed! From this day forward we will no longer allow this kind of blatant media censorship to take place. We have been watching for months as Ron Paul is ignored while other candidates with very little support, very little money, and feeble grassroots are "made" by the mainstream media. What has happened so far is an abomination in any free society and it must end now!

1) Tell everyone you know about this travesty and urge them to start pushing to get Ron Paul included in this debate! Please send a special urgent message to all of your Myspace, Facebook, Digg, and other online friends. Additionally, don't forget to alert all of your MeetUp groups about this exclusion of our candidate!

2) Start faxing, calling, and emailing Fox News and other media organizations about this complete injustice and hijacking of the election! Please demand peacefully and politely that Ron Paul MUST be included in this forum on January 6th! We need to make it clear that we are NOT going to take this any longer. The media needs to know that if they don't include Ron Paul in this forum they are going to feel the full force of the peaceful, lawful, and non-violent RON PAUL REVOLUTION!

We have no time to spare if we want to ensure that Ron Paul is included in this forum. The time for peaceful and non-violent ACTION is right now! If we all get started immediately we can build up the most stunning *peaceful* grassroots protest this nation has ever seen!

PS: There is a "debate" the day before the "forum" on January 5th. Ron Paul has been invited to that "debate." However, he has been excluded from the "forum" on January 6th. Please make it clear in all of your correspondence that we demand he be invited to participate in the "forum."

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-29-2007, 06:32 AM
nt

Patriot2572
12-29-2007, 06:37 AM
HOW CAN THEY IGNORE US IN THE FUTURE IF WE WIN IOWA ?

Can anyone answer ?

If you canīt you see that IOWA IS PRIORITY 1 NOW!

Todayīs mission, WIN IOWA LANDSLIDE!!

Target poker players today, there was a article about how they can win Iowa for us!

People, like menthol patch want to have this battle with Fox News over and over again. At the same time we could focus on winning Iowa, thatīs the way to win this battle agaisnt media too.

If we poll badly in Iowa, we will have this battle thousand times in the future!

:cool:

I say we focus on BOTH. We need to devote ALL of our energy to Ron Paul today. Do whatever we can to bug the hell out of foxnews to make sure he's included. Notify all your neighboors,friends, family about Ron Paul. Donate more if you aren't maxed out, even if you can only afford $20 more. COUNTER FOX-NEW'S low blow by devoting your whole day to Ron Paul activism.

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 06:42 AM
I say we focus on BOTH. We need to devote ALL of our energy to Ron Paul today. Do whatever we can to bug the hell out of foxnews to make sure he's included. Notify all your neighboors,friends, family about Ron Paul. Donate more if you aren't maxed out, even if you can only afford $20 more. COUNTER FOX-NEW'S low blow by devoting your whole day to Ron Paul activism.

I agree! There are tons of people already working very hard on Iowa and NH! There is no reason we can't BOTH focus on getting Ron Paul into this debate AND keep doing the work we are doing!

How freaking long does it take to send out some emails, faxes, and make a few phone calls? If everyone on Ron Paul forums would sacrifice ONE HOUR to get Ron Paul into the Fox News debate we could GET HIM INCLUDED!

billybigrigger
12-29-2007, 06:42 AM
/agree with Patriot, this is not a zero sum equation, our resources and power have grown exponentially, we can accomplish both tasks!!

Also i suggest temporary ban for qwerty and possiblly Menthol :P Seriously dudes stop talking to each other/sending pm's/posting in each other's threads its beyond funny now

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 06:51 AM
We do indeed have the support base to accomplish both tasks.

If each person on Ron Paul forums simply dedicated ONE HOUR making calls, sending faxes, and sending out emails to Fox News (and copying them to other media organizations, reporters, etc) we could get this job done!

There are a lot of people reading this forum and even more that are lurking. If we all would donate just ONE HOUR of our time we can get this done!

Truth Warrior
12-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Hmmmm? How about if try to get the campaign org to PUBLICALLY offer to BUY a seat at the FAUXNEWS NH GOP candidates forum? It could be a WIN-WIN situation whatever the outcome.<IMHO> Just a thought.

( BTW, the petty infighting here is not helpful to Ron ..... AT ALL! )

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Hmmmm? How about if try to get the campaign org to PUBLICALLY offer to BUY a seat at the FAUXNEWS NH GOP candidates forum? It could be a WIN-WIN situation whatever the outcome.<IMHO> Just a trhought.

( BTW, the petty infighting here is not helpful to Ron ..... AT ALL! )

I don't think the seats are for sale. Also, it would be unfair for Ron Paul to have to purchase a seat at the debate when the other candidates would be getting theirs for free!

billybigrigger
12-29-2007, 07:27 AM
I don't think the seats are for sale. Also, it would be unfair for Ron Paul to have to purchase a seat at the debate when the other candidates would be getting theirs for free!

Nevertheless a very interesting and original idea, we need more of this!

Truth Warrior
12-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Menthol Patch --

I doubt that the seats are for sale either. That is EXACTLY the point of my suggestion. I'm not talking FAIR here, I'm talking politics and publicity.

Thanks!

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Well, if Ron Paul is not allowed into this forum we need to do some HUGE things to get publicity. However, I'm more focused on right now getting him invited. I really think we can get him invited to the forum. In the process of fighting to get him into the forum we can build up a TREMENDOUS amount of publicity!

This forum could be the most significant of them all!

Truth Warrior
12-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Mentol Patch --

Well, if Ron Paul is not allowed into this forum we need to do some HUGE things to get publicity. However, I'm more focused on right now getting him invited. I really think we can get him invited to the forum. In the process of fighting to get him into the forum we can build up a TREMENDOUS amount of publicity!

This forum could be the most significant of them all!

My suggestion is just one more way of a shaming FOX tactic to get Ron on the forum. Attacking the problem from several different sides and alternatives at one time, as it were.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Thanks!

Cowlesy
12-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Come'on guys, keep it civil and on-topic for the thread op.

Thanks.

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Come'on guys, keep it civil and on-topic for the thread op.

Thanks.

I'll be happy to keep it on topic.

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 08:47 AM
It's Saturday morning and we have a lot of work ahead of us!

First of all, we all need to fax, call, and email Faux News and demand (peacefully and politely) that they include Ron Paul in the forum on January 6th!

Secondly, we need to continue telling OTHER media organizations about this outrage! For example, when you fax or email Fox News COPY the email to other media organizations!

gjdavis60
12-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Interesting, I cannot find the program listed anywhere on Fox's website, although the web is already full of stories about this.

I agree that we should also bring this to the attention of other news organizations. I'm sure many of them would like nothing better than to catch Fox w/ their fingers in the ballot box, so to speak.

jointhefightforfreedom
12-29-2007, 08:53 AM
LAWSUIT !!!

Petition and class action time IMO

Sarge
12-29-2007, 08:57 AM
My suggestion is to call the major radio stations, that have call in programs, in Iowa and NH and let them know what is going on to exclude Dr. Paul.

I don't think most people will like to hear that.

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Don't forget to contact the NH GOP as well as Fox News!

Fergus the NH GOP guy is not specifically on our side. He is NOT a Ron Paul supporter. From what I've been told he has said certain "kind things" about our campaign, but he is not a "supporter." He is just one person out of many in the NH GOP. The NH GOP is filled with supporters of OTHER candidates. A user last night who has experience in state politics made it clear that we need to KEEP the pressure on the NH GOP! It's going to be much easier for them to "pass the buck" to Fox News and claim "we did all we could do" than for them to oppose the neo-cons and really stand up for Ron Paul to get him included in the Fox News forum!

To be blunt, the neo-cons hate us. The neo-cons in NH in the NH GOP hate us. You better believe that they are going to do everything they can to put pressure on the Ron Paul supporters in the NH GOP to do as little as possible to make sure Ron Paul gets included.

To be blunt, the more pressure we put on the NH GOP the more we are HELPING the Ron Paul supporters inside of their organization! While they are putting pressure on the neo-cons to stand up for Ron Paul we can be putting pressure on those same neo-cons as well by calling the NH GOP like crazy!

Menthol Patch
12-30-2007, 05:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/94/has-fox-news-excluded-ron-paul

billybigrigger
12-30-2007, 06:21 AM
bump for morning justice

Menthol Patch
12-30-2007, 08:14 AM
bump for morning justice

Thank you! We need to start early today sending out those calls, emails and faxes!

speciallyblend
12-30-2007, 11:25 AM
actually since fox news already screwed up,i hope they stay deaf,dumb and blind and continue down there blind path:) this can only help energize our base and americans to side with RON PAUL, THANKS FOX NEWS:) keep up the great work;) after jan 3rd fox news will have to join with tmz.com to partner a new entertainment network,fox will look like fools all week and then look pathetic after the 3rd, fox already lost

torchbearer
12-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Dear Fox News,

Suck my balls.

http://www.comedycentral.com/press/images/southpark/Cartman-Cop1.jpg

jenninlouisiana
12-30-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm still not clear on the facts:

1. Fox news doest' have a forum listed on programming, right?

2. We don't have a time for this forum.

3. We don't know if it is live or taped.

4. Ron Paul is the closing speaker at liberty forums on the 6th. Does he have a scheduling conflict.

5. Do we really want Ron on a taped forum (if it is taped) where they can edit his comments and skew them all loony?

6. NH GOP hasn't issued any kind of statement or quote other than the "it was cancelled 3 weeks ago/threw in the towel" from the supposedly debunked blog.

PLEASE correct anything that is wrong.

ExpatinArgentina
12-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Does it make sense to get other organizations against Fox's censorship invovled along with us? I mean, this is something two organizations with different objectives could agree on, right? I'm thinking Moveon.org which is a democratic machine, but we seen to be in the same boat on this issue.

Menthol Patch
12-30-2007, 10:22 PM
For those who had ANY doubt about the existence of the Fox News Forum on Jan. 6th and Ron Paul's exclusion we now have ABSOLUTE confirmation!

It's time for us to go all out and tell Fox News we are NOT going to tolerate this!

Has Fox News Excluded Ron Paul? pt. 2

http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/12/has-fox-news--1.html

On December 27, the Associated Press reported: "The New Hampshire Republican Party is sponsoring a forum for Republican presidential candidates on Jan. 6, two days before the state's first-in-the-nation primary." Later in the article, the AP stated: "Participating in the forum will be Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson."

On the evening of December 28, Jared Chicoine and Jordan Brown of our New Hampshire campaign staff met in person with Fergus Cullen the New Hampshire GOP chairman to discuss whether or not Dr. Paul would be invited to participate in the forum. Mr. Cullen confirmed there will be an event on January 6, but he could not confirm whether or not Dr. Paul would be invited. We also learned the event would not be a debate with an audience, but instead would be a forum in a closed studio with the candidates questioned only by Chris Wallace of Fox News.

A few hours after that meeting, we contacted Fox News seeking clarification. Later that night, we issued a press release while waiting to hear from Fox News.

On December 29, the Baltimore Sun featured a report by Jason George. Mr. George reported, "Calls and emails to Fox News spokespersons by the Tribune were not returned Saturday evening.

"An official at the New Hampshire GOP, which is co-sponsoring the event with Fox, said that Paul might still be included, but the planning for the debate was still coming together and it was ultimately Fox's call."

As of late afternoon today (December 30), we have nothing more to report.

Kent Snyder
Chairman, Ron Paul 2008

Oliver
12-31-2007, 04:32 AM
Still no official FOX press release or article.
Go and protest offline - don't involve other
people in your agenda.

Menthol Patch
12-31-2007, 04:38 AM
1. Fox news doest' have a forum listed on programming, right?

No, but it's been confirmed by the NH GOP, a Fox News Affiliate, a Ron Paul district coordinator "Brunner" who got word from Fox News management, the Baltimore Sun, and the official campaign.

2. We don't have a time for this forum.

One of the early press releases from the associated press (which has proven to be ACCURATE) indicates it will happen at 8PM EST.

3. We don't know if it is live or taped.

It will be LIVE!

4. Ron Paul is the closing speaker at liberty forums on the 6th. Does he have a scheduling conflict.

That is in the MORNING and this FORUM is in the EVENING! Also, the "brunch" that all candidates have been invited to is that "morning."

5. Do we really want Ron on a taped forum (if it is taped) where they can edit his comments and skew them all loony?

It's going to be LIVE according to the AP press release that has proven to be correct! The host is WALLACE.

6. NH GOP hasn't issued any kind of statement or quote other than the "it was cancelled 3 weeks ago/threw in the towel" from the supposedly debunked blog.

The NH GOP confirmed to the official campaign that the forum is happening on January 6th and that Ron Paul has not yet been invited.

PLEASE correct anything that is wrong.[/QUOTE]