PDA

View Full Version : Digg/Dugg - Will There Be a Run on NewsCorp (NWS) Holdings?

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 04:21 AM
Will a completely spontaneous stock dump damage NewsCorp?
libertyline.blogspot.com — Strangely enough, and without any organization whatsoever, a spontaneous chorus of investors overnight 28-29 December began stating that they will be selling their NewsCorp (NWS) when trading opens again on Tuesday, 01 January 2008 in retaliation for excluding Ron Paul from the Fox News roundtable forum. Is this free-market capitalism at work?

Digg THIS:

http://libertyline.blogspot.com/2007/12/will-there-be-run-on-newscorp-nws.html

29 December 2007

Will There Be a Run on NewsCorp (NWS) Holdings?

On the heels of a December 28th, 2007 AP report that confirms Ron Paul's exclusion from the Fox News roundtable discussion of January 6th, 2008, the same kinds of energetic Ron Paul supporters who engineered the November 5th 2007 $4.3 million fund drive and the December 16th $6.03 million drive, are taking a new approach to speaking out in the wake of a media blackout: a massive selloff of NewsCorp (NWS) stock.

Unlike the earlier efforts which were organized at a grassroots level, there appears to be no organization behind this latest move whatsoever. Instead, irate investors from around the nation and around the world began announcing their plans to dump NWS stock in several internet forums, and upon discussions they began to achieve consensus that much of the liquidated funds would be donated to the Ron Paul campaign coffers.

One investor, when asked for comment, told us, "I am tired, sick and tired of NewsCorp's Fox News channel deciding for the American public who they will and will not permit to run for President. Nobody asked me to sell my shares of NewsCorp, but I refuse to allow my capitol to be used to censor legitimate presidential candidates."

Will all of this anger and talk of selloffs actually translate into a run on NewsCorp stock? Only time will tell. In the meantime, savvy investors will be keeping a close eye on NWS stock over the next week.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-29-2007, 04:23 AM
nt

pacelli
12-29-2007, 04:25 AM
That's more like it!!

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 04:32 AM
I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!

Hey guys, this is legitimate business news! I've heard a dozen people say this completely spontaneously, and if there is going to be a run on NWS, then other investors will need to know about it to minimize the risk in their portfolios.

Whether people have even HEARD of Ron Paul, they need to know this is happening so they can get out before they take a serious hit!

MidnightPrism
12-29-2007, 04:32 AM
DUGG and Propelled (http://politics.propeller.com/story/2007/12/29/will-there-be-a-run-on-newscorp-nws-holdings)

austin356
12-29-2007, 04:33 AM
perhaps one of the most absurdly stupid notions ever presented on this board.

A few angry Ron Paul supporters are going to sell NWS, a company with a market capitalization in the tens of Billions, and actually make a noticeable difference?

Ron Paul supporters could not move the stock 1/2 of 1% if our life depended on it. This is soo laughable it is not even funny.

free.alive
12-29-2007, 04:35 AM
Now there's an example of the free market acting in the best interest of Liberty!

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-29-2007, 04:36 AM
nt

brunner
12-29-2007, 04:38 AM

A few angry Ron Paul supporters are going to sell NWS, a company with a market capitalization in the tens of Billions, and actually make a noticeable difference?

Ron Paul supporters could not move the stock 1/2 of 1% if our life depended on it. This is soo laughable it is not even funny.

Well, actually, if they can make it onto the frontpage of digg (doubtful), they could at least cause a scare. (I'm not endorsing this)

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 04:40 AM
austin356 - then don't sell your shares.

You see, a primary plank of Ron Paul's platform is free market capitalism. This thing is COMPLETELY unorganized, and if it does go viral, then people who ignore it could potentially take a bath.

Free market capitalism WORKS. FauxNews will only ignore us, until it hits their wallet. Two efforts we can undertake without taking time away from going door-to-door and hitting the streets, is 1) complain to their sponsors, and 2) advise investors concerning the policies of their investments.

I say, attack on all fronts. Even if RP supporters only hold 0.01%, the momentum on a run tends to take on a life of it's own.

pacelli
12-29-2007, 04:40 AM

I believe you are underestimating the age and financial experience of many of us.

Eli
12-29-2007, 04:50 AM

Shows complete ignorance of how the stock market works. Bad news is everything. With enough people saying the stock will crash any moment causes a scare. All that is needed to turn the scare into reality is half a point drop. Investors are in the market of predictions. If everyone is hearing about a potential drop and a minutely small drop happens it turns into a avalanche very quickly.

Trassin
12-29-2007, 04:53 AM
Never thought I would actually find myself wishing I held some News Corp stock, of course that is only because I would love to be able to sell it tomorrow morning.

As it is I'm going to look over my JPMorgan retirement fund just to make sure I'm not invested in News Corp at all there.

free.alive
12-29-2007, 04:57 AM
What happens to the value of a stock if it is suddenly sold in droves, then purchased in, say, a coordinated effort over a few minutes, then sold in droves again, and the cycle repeated a few times. Would the value sink into oblivion or level out?

I know this whole scenario is impossible, but what if...?

Trassin
12-29-2007, 04:58 AM
What do you know, turns out I am invested in News Corp, although not very much.

Guess I'll be changing my retirement investments.

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 05:05 AM
You see, for better or worse, there is simply not enough time to gather 100,000 people to protest outside FixNews in time for the forum. Faux timed this intentionally, one - to give us too short of a notice to gather a sizable protest, and two - to coincide with the start of a long weekend in the hopes that our efforts would be muted.

But the very strategy they are trying to use against US, can be turned against THEM. As a USMC intelligence vet, I was taught to use your enemies strengths against them.

They messed up. By releasing this data late Friday afternoon before a long weekend it was their intent that we should cool off before the next business day, and thus nothing would be done.

However, the long weekend, (I believe the floor opens again on...Tuesday the 1st) gives more time to create a buzz, and a buzz leads to early action, and an early selloff leads to a panic, and a panic leads to a run.

They messed up. Had there been fewer days between the announcement and the floor opening, there would not be time enough to build a buzz.

Getting this article dugg is only the planting of a seed. Plant the seed right up front, and then once the seed is planted today, use Sat afternoon, Sunday, and Monday to mobilize and spread the buzz internet-wide. Tomorrow and Monday, hit the financial pages, CNN business reports, MSNBC, CNBC. People will have seen the seed on digg, but not registered, they will see it again somewhere else, and then again, and suddenly they start asking their friends about it, and they start asking their profile managers about it.

If the buzz is big enough come Tuesday Morning, well, things will hit the fan.

Trassin
12-29-2007, 05:12 AM
However, the long weekend, (I believe the floor opens again on...Tuesday the 1st) gives more time to create a buzz, and a buzz leads to early action, and an early selloff leads to a panic, and a panic leads to a run.

I just put in the order to move my investments around to get rid of my mutual fund with News Corp in it and the date for the move was listed as 12/31/07.

I think the floor is actually closed New Years day, Tuesday.

free.alive
12-29-2007, 05:17 AM
I am really curious to hear the answer to my question.

Trassin
12-29-2007, 05:18 AM
What happens to the value of a stock if it is suddenly sold in droves, then purchased in, say, a coordinated effort over a few minutes, then sold in droves again, and the cycle repeated a few times. Would the value sink into oblivion or level out?

I know this whole scenario is impossible, but what if...?

No idea, my knowledge of the stock market is very, very basic.

free.alive
12-29-2007, 05:19 AM
I'll re-ask it:

What would be the effect on a stock if it were massively sold, bought up in a coordinated fashion, resold en mass, purchased in heaps in a flash, again, again...? Negative, positive, neutral?

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 05:20 AM
Thanks so much guys; we have the power to move mountains, and we ain't gonna take it anymore!

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 05:23 AM
Neutral, really. What you are talking about is kinda like speculation and profit-taking. If anything, it softens the fall of a stock by indicating that there is some profitability left in it.

Most investors will not want to re-invest until they think a stock has stopped falling, so if there is indication of reinvestment, there will be buy orders hitting the floor.

It would soften the damage to NWS, but probably increase the damage to people who issued buy orders thinking the stock was going to rebound.

free.alive
12-29-2007, 05:27 AM
Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!

Xonox
12-29-2007, 05:32 AM
Great! Not only does this support Ron Paul, it's using the free market to disrupt the corporate media at the same time! I hope Fox suffers greatly.

phoenixrising
12-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Shows complete ignorance of how the stock market works. Bad news is everything. With enough people saying the stock will crash any moment causes a scare. All that is needed to turn the scare into reality is half a point drop. Investors are in the market of predictions. If everyone is hearing about a potential drop and a minutely small drop happens it turns into a avalanche very quickly.
hey eli...u nailed it!

doesn't matter how many people in the forums own the stock & actually none of you know for sure. just remember there is an older generation here as well that visits profusely--even if they don't post;)

the key is that w/the grassroots movement as huge as it is--word WILL travel -FAST!!! ....then it will hit the financial newsletters....even a hint of a selloff ...will get them where it hurts most!!!

Oliver
12-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Digg THIS:

29 December 2007

On the heels of a December 28th, 2007 AP report that confirms Ron Paul's exclusion from the Fox News roundtable discussion of January 6th, 2008, the same kinds of energetic Ron Paul supporters who engineered the November 5th 2007 $4.3 million fund drive and the December 16th $6.03 million drive, are taking a new approach to speaking out in the wake of a media blackout: a massive selloff of NewsCorp (NWS) stock.

Unlike the earlier efforts which were organized at a grassroots level, there appears to be no organization behind this latest move whatsoever. Instead, irate investors from around the nation and around the world began announcing their plans to dump NWS stock in several internet forums, and upon discussions they began to achieve consensus that much of the liquidated funds would be donated to the Ron Paul campaign coffers.

One investor, when asked for comment, told us, "I am tired, sick and tired of NewsCorp's Fox News channel deciding for the American public who they will and will not permit to run for President. Nobody asked me to sell my shares of NewsCorp, but I refuse to allow my capitol to be used to censor legitimate presidential candidates."

Will all of this anger and talk of selloffs actually translate into a run on NewsCorp stock? Only time will tell. In the meantime, savvy investors will be keeping a close eye on NWS stock over the next week.

RON PAUL is being ignored by DIGG ... So please edit the name to
RON P@UL or something that isn't filtered by the DIGG software!

free.alive
12-29-2007, 05:36 AM
what do you mean Ron Paul is being filtered? is that why i can't find the digg button?

brunner
12-29-2007, 05:39 AM

You can't edit it once it's submitted, but please don't submit a dupe! If you do, there's a good chance they'll both be buried.

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 05:40 AM
Honestly, there is only a minimum of Ron Paul mention in the article, and his name does not show up either in the blog title or the digg title. It was submitted not as a political category, but as a business and finance category.

The tact I am taking at digg, is pure business/profit. I don't want investors and retirement account holders with NWS in their portfolio to take a bath.

My comments at digg are based on portfolio analysis and market trends, attempting to avoid any discussion of Ron Paul's candidacy.

You are correct Oliver, which is why I took the tact I did.

austin356
12-29-2007, 05:46 AM

1/2 a point?

no way in hell Ron Paul supporters will ever be able to achieve 1/2th of a point.

21.29 -0.21 (-0.98%) Dec 28 4:03pm ET
Open: 21.64
High: 21.70
Low: 21.29

Volume: 913,015
Avg Vol: 2,364,000
Mkt Cap: 64.27B

Oliver
12-29-2007, 05:48 AM
what do you mean Ron Paul is being filtered? is that why i can't find the digg button?

You can't edit it once it's submitted, but please don't submit a dupe! If you do, there's a good chance they'll both be buried.

Read this thread - looks like DIGG doesn't care about the numbers
of DIGGS in their "Top Ten":

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon5.gif DIGG experts in here? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67502)
Oliver

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 05:49 AM

digg it from the blog page:

austin356
12-29-2007, 05:49 AM

statements like these need real evidence not just claims.

Alex Jones is not a source either.:):)

(not saying such is not true)

Oliver
12-29-2007, 05:52 AM
statements like these need real evidence not just claims.

Alex Jones is not a source either.:):)

(not saying such is not true)

Compare the "Top Ten" at Digg to the DIGGS we had...
Our Ron Paul article has more Diggs than the lowest 3 entries in the
Digg top ten (as being displayed at the DIGG-Homepage)

Read this thread - looks like DIGG doesn't care about the numbers
of DIGGS in their "Top Ten":

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon5.gif DIGG experts in here? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67502)
Oliver

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 05:52 AM
1/2 a point?

no way in hell Ron Paul supporters will ever be able to achieve 1/2th of a point.

then...don't...sell...yours. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/rolleyes008.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

simple as that! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/basic/ty.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

billybigrigger
12-29-2007, 05:55 AM
What about the possibility of going short or selling put options? Both of these instruments allow those without curren newscorp stock to take positions benifiting from the decline in value of the stock.

Anyone with experience with these tools know of the possible impact of the mass use of such instruments?

markpa
12-29-2007, 06:12 AM
I don't own any stock (sold it all to invest in Gold) but what about organizing protest at local fox stations and then calling all of the other news channels to cover it?

brunner
12-29-2007, 06:12 AM
*cough* someone should submit this to USAdaily *cough*
http://www.usadaily.com/contactForm.cfm

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 06:14 AM
Well, put options can potentially drive the stock down by creating an impression that the stock will fall, thus leading to people unloading before the fallout. Put options are sold by people who do not believe that the stock will drop, because if it does not, then they profit from the cost of the option. BUT, if the stock DOES tank, you can (if you so choose) exercise your option to sell back to the put-seller at the negotiated put-option price, thus guaranteeing a profit on the part of the purchaser of the put option.

A put option is basically gambling on the fact that a stock will fall, against someone who believes that it will not.

For instance, if a stock is trading at $35/share and you buy a put-option contract (at $5/share) for 100 shares at $30/share, and the stock falls to $20/share, then you have the OPTION to buy 100 shares at $20 (total of $2000) and sell them to the put-seller at $30 (total of $3000) with the cost of the contract being $500. You just profited by $500 and the put-seller lost $500 ($1000 minus the $500 option sale)

Oliver
12-29-2007, 06:14 AM
DIGG is cheating:

http://250kb.de/u/071229/p/969ff053.png

eloquensanity
12-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Digg THIS:

29 December 2007

Yes using their own "some people say" line. so it will work for us.

Brilliant idea Much better than sending them emails and phone calls :D

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 06:23 AM
If a huge number of people buy puts on a stock, eventually the put-sellers stop selling them -- or at least will only sell them at a very low price. But the huge run of puts will create a great deal of volatility in that stock, making a run more likely, but not absolutely necessary. Again, it becomes a gamble against the put-seller who thinks it will remain stable. A whole massive bunch of puts will make the market think there is something wrong with the stock, and may begin to unload it, thus creating the selloff and causing the put-buyers to profit. HOWEVER, even with a huge number of put-sales, it remains possible that the stock will not selloff, and thus all you succeed in doing is making the put-sellers richer. :shrug: So it's hard to say really.

I would imagine that if thousands of people sunk a huge amount of capitol into put-options, it would create an extreme volatility in the stock, which would then respond to a relatively small selloff, with a big run, as other holders of the stock began a panic.

literatim
12-29-2007, 06:25 AM
Might want to start giving the tip on stock forums you are a regular at.

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 06:35 AM
Bumps before catching a couple hours of shuteye. will bump again when regaining consciousness. Yes, Oliver, Digg is cheating, or at least allowing others to cheat us by burying without it being spam. If not for buries, those numbers would put the site in the top 10 for certain.

Oliver
12-29-2007, 06:39 AM
We have a thousand DIGG's ....
Now look what the so called "TOP TEN" says:

http://xs122.xs.to/xs122/07526/DIGG_fraud.png

Lois
12-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Get Real :) --

How many Ron Paul supporters own NWS stock?:confused:

Maybe one or two.:p

That's not going to move the price :rolleyes:

Oliver
12-29-2007, 06:46 AM

I don't believe in NWO and CT's in general. I posted facts - your point? :confused:

TheDuke
12-29-2007, 06:49 AM
I don't have much of NewsCorp stocks, but I'll dump it if they really exclude RP.

ExpatinArgentina
12-29-2007, 06:53 AM

It's really not about how many of us Ron Paul supporters actually own stock. It is about creating perception in the market. If enough people believe it, it makes it true and the selloff will happen on it's own. So, help create the perception that the same masses of people whom raised 6.2 million dollars in 24 hours are now going to do a massive selloff of Fox shares. Get it?

Trassin
12-29-2007, 06:54 AM

Well 3 of us that have the stock have already posted here that we are dumping it so I guess it is at least more than "one or two". :)

jcbraithwaite7
12-29-2007, 06:59 AM
I have CBS/Viacom stock from my years working for Showtime Networks but no News Corp. I already sold off my ABC Disney stock from my former days as a brainwashed Mouseketeer. The only stuff I have left from Disney is a trunk full of collector's items and 3 pins in my knee from dancing around in a Goofy costume.

If you watch "Outfoxed Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism" it would make any ethical person dump that crap stock. http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428

Trassin
12-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Bump

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 01:56 PM
OK, so sleep debt is a powerful thing. re-bump

MsDoodahs
12-29-2007, 01:59 PM

Exactly.

parke
12-29-2007, 02:17 PM
bump

syborius
12-29-2007, 03:51 PM

You have a limited concept of peoples greed. Some of these people in power are soooo greedy, and such cowards, that a whiff of what might be happening will be enough for some of them to soil their undies. ;)

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 04:15 PM
a buzz is building. 8-) The seed is planting, and tonight and tomorrow the buzz spreads and lights up the rest of the internet. come Tuesday, there will be a panic

bigbinc
12-29-2007, 04:22 PM
We need to get this more organized.

smartguy911
12-29-2007, 04:24 PM
http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_N/threadview?m=tm&bn=13109&tid=5445&mid=5445&tof=1&rt=2&frt=2&off=1

OptionsTrader
12-29-2007, 04:24 PM
NWS in your mutual fund?

TOP MUTUAL FUND HOLDERS of NewsCorp Stock

OAKMARK EQUITY AND INCOME FUND
VAN KAMPEN COMSTOCK FUND
LORD ABBETT AFFILIATED FUND
CALAMOS GROWTH FUND
CALAMOS GROWTH & INCOME FUND 4
FIDELITY PURITAN FUND INC
PACIFIC SELECT FUND-LARGE CAP VALUE PORTFOLIO
FIDELITY EQUITY-INCOME FUND
JANUS GROWTH AND INCOME FUND
JULIUS BAER INTERNATIONAL EQUITY FUND

anarchy
12-29-2007, 04:35 PM
perception = reality

Theres a guy somewhere that was gonna sell off 115000 shares, and I saw some other big amounts. Once it starts to run it can go for a bit ;)

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-29-2007, 04:59 PM
nt

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't know that *organizing* something like this would be legal -- but making a spontaneous buzz about it is legal, and it's the buzz that will tank NWS holdings.

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Still digging! 8-D

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 06:20 PM
and digging

matthylland
12-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I dont have any to sell, but i can short some

Margo37
12-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Nothing on NWS AOL message board:

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/articles.php?channel=Personal+Finance&boardId=70890

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2007, 10:00 PM
rebump

DrJimiJon
12-29-2007, 10:18 PM
This one is about to go front page! Digg it!

http://digg.com/business_finance/Run_on_NewsCorp_NWS_Holdings

Trassin
12-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Bump

phoenixrising
12-30-2007, 12:19 AM
this just in: IMPORTANT READ EVERYONE! :)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=749819#post749819

xao
12-30-2007, 12:27 AM
this just in: IMPORTANT READ EVERYONE! :)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=749819#post749819

Nope. Not yet. They're still excluding him.

EvilEngineer
12-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Even if they re-consider their offer... this is our chance to plunge the dagger into the heart of News Corp. We need to take this all the way and drop their stock like a rock.

GunnyFreedom
12-30-2007, 03:09 AM
OK, I figured out how the comments page works on my blog, so that's fixed now. Oh yeah -- and still digging!! 8-D

Thank you so much guys. This has been one heckuva 24 hrs. The seed is planted, the buzz is building, and sharp eyes will be watching like a hawk for any sign of a selloff. Nobody wants to take a bath in the market.

Fox doesn't care about our voices, but they have no choice but to care about our money!

Alex Libman
12-30-2007, 03:16 AM
We need something like a libertarian version of BuyBlue.org (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BuyBlue.org), a place where libertarians can stop by before making large purchases to see which companies have been good or bad to our movements in the past...

free.alive
12-30-2007, 05:57 AM
Drop the stock

Let advertisers know they are being boycotted.

Complain to your cable provider

Complain to your local Fox affiliate

Contact the other networks about this

Write a letter to your newspaper

Clog Fox's phones, email, fax machines, etc.

Digg articles like this far & wide.

start threads on every forum imaginable

Organize supporters to follow, for one day, all the fox news vans around and hold up banners behind their shots.

What else can be done???

free.alive
12-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Where's the Digg button??

GunnyFreedom
12-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Where's the Digg button??

If you go to the link, the Digg button is in between the title and the article. @573 right now. WOW guys thanks! Cheers!

Menthol Patch
12-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Someone should produce a widget of NewsCorp's stock.

phoenixrising
12-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Nope. Not yet. They're still excluding him.
i'm directing u all to this:
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071230/NEWS08/527052503/-1/news

in the last 36 hrs the issue got real convoluted....RP IS doing the debate on 1/5 ....1/6 he is the closing speaker (which is awesome)...

• The New Hampshire Republican Party hosts "First in the Nation Presidential Brunch" at Hampshire Hills Sports & Fitness Club, Milford. 11 a.m. Several candidates are expected to attend. Tickets are $125. For tickets or more information, call 225-9341.

• U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, speaks at closing ceremony of the 2008 New Hampshire Liberty Forum at the Crowne Plaza, Nashua. Noon. For more information, visit www.freestateproject.org/libertyforum.

smartguy911
12-30-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't know how stocks work but do you guys really believe this will make any impact?

smartguy911
12-30-2007, 12:38 PM
i'm directing u all to this:
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071230/NEWS08/527052503/-1/news

in the last 36 hrs the issue got real convoluted....RP IS doing the debate on 1/5 ....1/6 he is the closing speaker (which is awesome)...

• The New Hampshire Republican Party hosts "First in the Nation Presidential Brunch" at Hampshire Hills Sports & Fitness Club, Milford. 11 a.m. Several candidates are expected to attend. Tickets are $125. For tickets or more information, call 225-9341.

• U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, speaks at closing ceremony of the 2008 New Hampshire Liberty Forum at the Crowne Plaza, Nashua. Noon. For more information, visit www.freestateproject.org/libertyforum.

Interesting

JMO
12-30-2007, 12:47 PM
I fear this will just create a opportunity for savvy traders.They will just buy cheap from Ron Paul owners and then a month from now the stock, assuming it drops, will just rise back to where it should be.

smartguy911
12-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I fear this will just create a opportunity for savvy traders.They will just buy cheap from Ron Paul owners and then a month from now the stock, assuming it drops, will just rise back to where it should be.

I read this somewhere and maybe this is a good idea - "borrow 1000 shares to sell at 30 dollars a share, then buy it back when it drops to 25 dollars. you just made 1000x5 dollars= 5 grand nice eh?"

people keep talking about shorting it

KMA-NWO
12-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Apparently watchers of Google Finance are gettin' the message: http://finance.google.com/group/google.finance.25639/browse_thread/thread/435d9e08edd073d4?

dawnbt
12-30-2007, 01:29 PM

Buzzkill!

dawnbt
12-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Apparently watchers of Google Finance are gettin' the message: http://finance.google.com/group/google.finance.25639/browse_thread/thread/435d9e08edd073d4?

That is awesome. Like most posters said, "Ron Paul or no Ron Paul FOX is corrupt" and they are pulling their stocks too!

free.alive
12-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Will it be coordinated as to a time or day? or is it just going to happen in waves

Trassin
12-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Will it be coordinated as to a time or day? or is it just going to happen in waves

I think it would be hard to time, especially for those of us with mutual funds who are just putting in transfer orders.

My order, for example, is already in. Now it is just a matter of when JPMorgan actually processes the order on Monday.

GunnyFreedom
12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't dream of trying to coordinate such an action and thus expose myself or anybody else to potential liability. However, if there were such coordination, I would think between 9:45 and 10:00 AM EDT would be the optimal timeframe.

jaybone
12-30-2007, 06:01 PM
I would not own newscorp stock any more than I would own Halliburton. It is blood money.
If you own these pos crook companies, do yourself a favor; SELL THEM TOMORROW take the proceeds and pick up a quality GOLD MINER.
In a year you will be glad you did, even if you have to sell at a loss.

kutibah
12-30-2007, 06:10 PM
I think this will work because other non-ron paul supporters may read the posts on the yahoo forum and fear this as well. It could turn into a big panic and scare which will bring the stock down the tubes =)

Trassin
12-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Bump

risk_reward
12-30-2007, 11:26 PM
I have never seen anything like it. I have used Yahoo! Finance forums for ten years and never seen a topic totally dominate a board like this one.

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/mb/NWS

There are regularly rumors about manipulation on stock message boards,I usually ignore them. I will be interested to see what happens at the open.

phoenixrising
12-30-2007, 11:58 PM
over 2200 posts? OMG! tomorrow will be interesting!

Trassin
12-31-2007, 04:57 AM
Bump

ExpatinArgentina
12-31-2007, 05:12 AM
I've posted on Yahoo, Google and Digg on this one. Bump.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 05:12 AM
Its a slow half a day trading day so this may have some effect.

OptionsTrader
12-31-2007, 05:18 AM
I am trying to refrain from commenting because I am not convinced 100% yet until NHGOP or FoxNews comes out with some kind of statement or a fox affiliate comes out with something than that KPTM report on our "feelings" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCAYRWIcPKQ) with no new information, but I DO find this pretty awesome regardless:

http://i16.tinypic.com/854o5er.jpg

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 05:24 AM
I'd better call in and ask the morning shows about what is going on with NWS before the opening bell!

Trassin
12-31-2007, 05:24 AM
I am trying to refrain from commenting because I am not convinced 100% yet until NHGOP or FoxNews comes out with some kind of statement or a fox affiliate comes out with something than that KPTM report on our "feelings" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCAYRWIcPKQ) with no new information, but I DO find this pretty awesome regardless:

http://i16.tinypic.com/854o5er.jpg

Wow, awesome! I was hoping that there was a feature such as that to draw attention to all the "buzz" we have generated over the weekend.

Trassin
12-31-2007, 05:26 AM
nm, didn't scroll down far enough on the main page.

OptionsTrader
12-31-2007, 05:28 AM
What's the URL for that page on yahoo, by the way?

http://finance.yahoo.com/

Trassin
12-31-2007, 06:56 AM
Bump

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2007, 07:19 AM
This is kind of exciting, a little over an hour away...

OptionsTrader
12-31-2007, 07:22 AM
///

jumpyg1258
12-31-2007, 07:35 AM
I hope this stock plummets like a rock! heheh This is almost like insider trading. =)

Trassin
12-31-2007, 07:59 AM
This is kind of exciting, a little over an hour away...

Yeah, I think this is the first time I've ever been anxious about the stock market opening.

OptionsTrader
12-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Stocks don't move, they are moved. So, either big money will move it up or down. Depends where the big money wants to take it today - If you are new to day trading I'd stay the hell away from trading it and wait for a trend to develop and some volatility to settle out and see where it's going. Big money could run it up to $25 for a big *&*& you if they want to.

Trassin
12-31-2007, 08:09 AM
Stocks don't move, they are moved. So, either big money will move it up or down. Depends where the big money wants to take it today - If you are new to day trading I'd stay the hell away from trading it and wait for a trend to develop and some volatility to settle out and see where it's going. Big money could run it up to $25 for a big *&*& you if they want to.

So is it your opinion that we aren't going to be able to have any real effect?

OptionsTrader
12-31-2007, 08:12 AM
So is it your opinion that we aren't going to be able to have any real effect?

I'm not saying it's definitely going to go up or down, just that it can just as easily rally today, so be cautious. The market may take advantage of the situation for running it in either direction is all. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see NWS at $15 a share but the funny thing about the market is that it sometimes likes to respond counter to intuition with contrarian moves that are not explainable with logic after the fact.

wgadget
12-31-2007, 08:15 AM
Poor Fox News. Looks like they've been on a downward slope all year long....Let's finish the year at a low for the year, eh?

http://ajc.stockgroup.com/snapshot_chart.asp?ticker=nws

Trassin
12-31-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm not saying it's definitely going to go up or down, just that it can just as easily rally today, so be cautious. The market may take advantage of the situation for running it in either direction is all.

The funny thing about the market is that it sometimes likes to respond counter to intuition with contrarian moves that are not explainable with logic after the fact.

Well I'm not doing anything to drastic anyways. I'm just transferring some money in my retirement account out of a mutual fund which holds NWS, and wasn't performing well anyways, into another mutual fund.

Tranz
12-31-2007, 08:18 AM
I see it down 5% as of 8:58

bucfish
12-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Nice digg

OptionsTrader
12-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Well I'm not doing anything to drastic anyways. I'm just transferring some money in my retirement account out of a mutual fund which holds NWS, and wasn't performing well anyways, into another mutual fund.

Cool deal. Everyone should check their mutual funds for NWS.

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm not saying it's definitely going to go up or down, just that it can just as easily rally today, so be cautious. The market may take advantage of the situation for running it in either direction is all. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see NWS at $15 a share but the funny thing about the market is that it sometimes likes to respond counter to intuition with contrarian moves that are not explainable with logic after the fact.

This is exactly why I have recommended *not* shorting the stock -- there are still one heck of a lot of holdings held by Murdoch and co, and if he saw a huge bunch of shorts from RP folks, he could very well issue insane buyouts to drive the stock way up and bankrupt the shortsellers -- just to hurt us.

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2007, 08:29 AM
two minute warning!

OptionsTrader
12-31-2007, 08:29 AM
This is exactly why I have recommended *not* shorting the stock -- there are still one heck of a lot of holdings held by Murdoch and co, and if he saw a huge bunch of shorts from RP folks, he could very well issue insane buyouts to drive the stock way up and bankrupt the shortsellers -- just to hurt us.

Not to mention Fox movies are raking in millions in the box office right now.

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2007, 08:30 AM
I just heard the bell ringing on the news. 30 seconds early. heh

AND THEY'RE OFF!! ding ding ding ding ding

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Not to mention Fox movies are raking in millions in the box office right now.

Yeah, but isn't Fox Movie Studio under NWS-B ? It was trading 75 cents lower than NWS-A as of Friday. I would not be surprised to see a good rally of NWS-B on account of the movies.

OptionsTrader
12-31-2007, 08:33 AM
OK I'm going to not comment on this anymore lol. Will be watchin it though.

Trassin
12-31-2007, 08:38 AM
As a side note, Ron Paul's donations just took a big jump :) http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/yesterday_vs_today_line.html

Perhaps someone sold some stock and made a donation?

ronpaulfollower999
12-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Looks like NWS is already dropping :)

Pre-Market: 21.15 Down 0.14 (0.66%) as of 9:17AM ET on 12/31/07
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=NWS

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Looks like it was down a full percentage point right off the bat. with a volume near 20,000, there have been two attempts to rally it, but it keeps dropping off right after the attempts. Down 0.0972 at the moment, or 0.46%. After some fighting, it's now got a decent downward slope. Here's hoping it drops below $20 without support, because if it does, I think it's going to crash.

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Looks like someone is trying to rally NWS -- two huge spikes on periods of low volume, and then a 20k volume just south of the day's high. Looks like a couple purchases on the order of $300k-400k have brought it back into the positive.

Carole
01-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Looks like someone is trying to rally NWS -- two huge spikes on periods of low volume, and then a 20k volume just south of the day's high. Looks like a couple purchases on the order of $300k-400k have brought it back into the positive.

Would Murdock be the one buying to bring it back into line?

Now my personal question. I just learned about this Sunday evening. I have some Janus Growth and Income Fund and I think a couple others on this list.

I cant contact my broker until Tuesday at least. Should I just ride it out or what? I am retired and this is part of my income. A little help please. :(
:(
TOP MUTUAL FUND HOLDERS of NewsCorp Stock

OAKMARK EQUITY AND INCOME FUND
VAN KAMPEN COMSTOCK FUND
LORD ABBETT AFFILIATED FUND
CALAMOS GROWTH FUND
CALAMOS GROWTH & INCOME FUND 4
FIDELITY PURITAN FUND INC
PACIFIC SELECT FUND-LARGE CAP VALUE PORTFOLIO
FIDELITY EQUITY-INCOME FUND
JANUS GROWTH AND INCOME FUND
JULIUS BAER INTERNATIONAL EQUITY FUND

liberty_Forever
01-01-2008, 02:30 AM
Thanks Carole, that is perfect for 401ks

GunnyFreedom
01-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Looks like NWS is having a spot of trouble today, down 2.5% right now, maybe down 3% by the closing bell

thoughtbombing
01-02-2008, 02:32 PM

Dropped a dollar per share today... look at all the charts and the fundamentals are showing a total failure of the stock... not a few RP supporters... dems are pissed as well, and so are a lot of Republicans.

Don't forget what Ron Paul means for the markets!

Ron Paul loses, expect a crash... you better start investing in GOLD GOLD GOLD!