PDA

View Full Version : If you want to hut our chances in NH, keep contacting the NH GOP.

davidhperry
12-29-2007, 03:23 AM
Deal with the REAL problem: FOX. For the love of God, don't contact the NH GOP.

It's been widely reported in the last few hours that the NH GOP is already trying to get Dr. Paul in the forum and the decision is ultimately up to Fox News.

Unload on FOX, not the NH GOP. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant or is ignoring the facts.

MidnightPrism
12-29-2007, 03:24 AM
I agree. Focus on FOX and your other grassroots efforts.

davidhperry
12-29-2007, 03:25 AM
From dailypaul.com: (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/17884)

Please note that Fergus Cullen was not the originator of this idea, and actually fought for us to be there.

Please do NOT call the NH GOP office to complain.

AtomiC
12-29-2007, 03:26 AM
Yes focus on Fox, but especially on their sponsors!

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 03:31 AM
No, people need to continue calling the NH GOP constantly until Ron Paul is in this forum! The NH GOP can officially renounce their support of this forum if Ron Paul is not included. By the way, no one is suggesting that people attack, curse, or threaten anyone. All phone calls should be peaceful and polite! However, people need to express that the NH GOP will lose a ton of supporters if Ron Paul is not included in this forum!

To be blunt, there is a LOT the NH GOP can do! We just need to let them know they need to do it!

Keep calling everyone!

Telephone: (603)225-9341

Fax: (603) 225-7498

Chairman: Fergus Cullen

Vice-Chairman: Wayne MacDonald

Executive Director: Stephen DeMaura

qwerty
12-29-2007, 03:34 AM
No, people need to continue calling the NH GOP constantly until Ron Paul is in this forum! The NH GOP can officially renounce their support of this forum if Ron Paul is not included. By the way, no one is suggesting that people attack, curse, or threaten anyone. All phone calls should be peaceful and polite! However, people need to express that the NH GOP will lose a ton of supporters if Ron Paul is not included in this forum!

To be blunt, there is a LOT the NH GOP can do! We just need to let them know they need to do it!

Keep calling everyone!

Telephone: (603)225-9341

Fax: (603) 225-7498

Chairman: Fergus Cullen

Vice-Chairman: Wayne MacDonald

Executive Director: Stephen DeMaura

For Godīs sake, calm down and think for a moment...

:rolleyes:

dircha
12-29-2007, 03:35 AM
This is ridiculous. They are trying to sweep us under the rug, and they will if we think we can just sit idly by and let this work itself out. It's Friday night before New years. Fox is trying to steamroll us.

If you're not a Republican and a resident of New Hampshire, don't call the NH GOP, call Fox.

But New Hampshire Republicans have a right and an obligation to contact their state party leadership and demand that EITHER the state party stand with them and take a zero tolerance policy with Fox and withdraw state party support and endorsement of the Fox event OR these New Hampshire Republicans will withdraw their membership and support from the state party and their fundraisers and candidates.

Fox is the bully, absolutely, but the state party is complicit in this outrageous injustice unless they take a zero tolerance policy with Fox on this on behalf of their state party members.

And damn right New Hampshire Republicans have a right to demand this of their state party. That's what a state party is for. That's why we show up to their fundraisers. That's why we support their candidates.

davidhperry
12-29-2007, 03:36 AM
Menthol, the NH GOP is on our side though - they are working and fighting with us.

As the campaign manager said:

“Paul supporters should know that we are continuing to make inquiries with Fox News as to why they have apparently excluded Dr. Paul from this event.”

I hate to point out the obvious, but they are pointing the finger at FOX and not the GOP. Contacting the NH GOP is counterproductive. Make sense?

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 03:37 AM
This is ridiculous. They are trying to sweep us under the rug, and they will if we think we can just sit idly by and let this work itself out. It's Friday night before New years. Fox is trying to steamroll us.

If you're not a Republican and a resident of New Hampshire, don't call the NH GOP, call Fox.

But New Hampshire Republicans have a right and an obligation to contact their state party leadership and demand that EITHER the state party stand with them and take a zero tolerance policy with Fox and withdraw state party support and endorsement of the Fox event OR these New Hampshire Republicans will withdraw their membership and support from the state party and their fundraisers and candidates.

Fox is the bully, absolutely, but the state party is complicit in this outrageous injustice unless they take a zero tolerance policy with Fox on this on behalf of their state party members.

And damn right New Hampshire Republicans have a right to demand this of their state party. That's what a state party is for. That's why we show up to their fundraisers. That's why we support their candidates.

I totally agree!

We all need to contact the NH GOP.

Menthol Patch
12-29-2007, 03:38 AM
Menthol, the NH GOP is on our side though - they are working and fighting with us.

As the campaign manager said:

I hate to point out the obvious, but they are pointing the finger at FOX and not the GOP. Contacting the NH GOP is counterproductive. Make sense?

Continuing to contact the NH GOP is what makes sense. We should all continue to contact the NH GOP until one of TWO THINGS happen.

1) Ron Paul is invited to attend the forum.

2) The NH GOP drops its support of the Fox News Forum and makes a public announcement of why it is doing so.

When one of the above two things happen I will gladly stop urging people to call them.

davidhperry
12-29-2007, 03:41 AM
Continuing to contact the NH GOP is what makes sense. We should all continue to contact the NH GOP until one of TWO THINGS happen.

1) Ron Paul is invited to attend the forum.

2) The NH GOP drops its support of the Fox News Forum and makes a public announcement of why it is doing so.

When one of the above two things happen I will gladly stop urging people to call them.

That might make sense if the GOP was running the show but they're not, FOX is. That's why we need to contact them instead.

RUBICON
12-29-2007, 03:55 AM
That might make sense if the GOP was running the show but they're not, FOX is. That's why we need to contact them instead.

What is wrong with contacting both? The NH Reps are more likely to push harder if they feel pressured.

davidhperry
12-29-2007, 03:59 AM
What is wrong with contacting both? The NH Reps are more likely to push harder if they feel pressured.

Because it's not their decision to make - it's up to FOX. They are already on our side and we need to keep them that way.

Apply the pressure to FOX.

smtwngrl
12-29-2007, 04:13 AM
Because it's not their decision to make - it's up to FOX. They are already on our side and we need to keep them that way.

Apply the pressure to FOX.

I agree!! The NH GOP is on our side; what we do not need right now is to turn public opinion against us in NH by harassing the GOP there.

FOX will look like idiots if they exclude Ron Paul. Public opinion, both locally and nationally, will be against them. Remember, this will come right after the announcements of fundraising numbers on January 1, and after the results of the Iowa Caucus on January 3.

me3
12-29-2007, 04:29 AM
What happens when the NH GOP drops support for the Forum, and FOX does it anyways without Ron Paul?

Pressure Fox if you must. Frankly, I wish everyone would relax and get back to generating VOTES for Ron Paul. It's a lot more rewarding and a lot more useful to the campaign.

Ronin
12-29-2007, 04:41 AM
I think there's a lot of people on here who don't understand business. They have a CONTRACT. A LEGAL AGREEMENT. The way the CONTRACT was written, NH GOP doesn't have a choice in the matter. Period. Clearly they are already pressuring Fox, so what more can we ask of them?

As me3 says. Even if they drop out Fox will most definitely run with it. We have to assume NH GOP is on our side. Lets keep it that way.

All of this aside, we need all the friends we can get in the GOP. It appears we have found one, but let's not scare him off until he does something against us.

Ronin
12-29-2007, 04:57 AM
For Godīs sake, calm down and think for a moment...

:rolleyes:

+1. Menthol Patch, honestly dude. Chill out. You've been typing in bold all night and it's getting old. It's not Armageddon, it's Fox and they're up to their usual BS. Don't let them get to your head.