PDA

View Full Version : Committeemen and Committeewomen - IMPORTANT

smartguy911
12-29-2007, 02:59 AM
Committeemen and Committeewomen are typically chosen by voters in a primary election at the local level, such as a ward or township. They serve as members of their party's central committee for a city or county, which then elects members of the state party's committee. The state party members in turn choose the committee members for the national party organizations such as the Democratic National Committee or the Republican National Committee.

On a local level, committeemen and committeewomen are generally responsible for helping to identify party supporters within their jurisdicition and get them to vote at election time. In some older American cities, committeemen and women still have significant influence in distributing patronage jobs to their supporters within city government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committeemen_and_Committeewomen

**Just heard on Ron Paul Radio that being on a committee is more important than a Delegate. Committee people are needed for endorsement. Committee people elect judges too.. State counties decide what kind of machines they want and this is where committee plays a role.....

MOVE YOUR WHOLE DAMN MEET UP GROUP INTO THE COMMITTEE. MILLIONS OF DOLLAR DON'T CONVERT INTO COMMITTEE. YOU GOTTA GET UP AND GO...

I just don't hear anybody discussing this here. what's going on???????

I was able to save the discussion on committee in mp3 format. I had to cut it at one point because of the size (10 MB) - http://ronpaul.profusehost.net/ron-paul-committee.mp3

1. Search Google - For example - "Los Angeles GOP"
2. Look for contact information and ask them on how to run for "central committee, committee etc".

I got this information from the Republican Party of Los Angeles Website and I am pasting it here as an example to show you guys how important this is-

The Republican Party of Los Angeles County (RPLAC) is a volunteer organization. RPLAC is part of the California Republican Party and is the official Republican Party Organization in Los Angeles County. The County is comprised of 26 Assembly Districts each of which has an Assembly District Central Committee that is elected by Republican Voters every 2 years during the Primary Election.

These are important party positions because those elected Central Committee members are charged with organizing voter registration, voter information, candidate recruiting, and getting out the Republican vote in their respective assembly districts. We encourage all interested and active Republicans who are good people organizers to run for Central Committee.

**It's better if you don't bring up Ron Paul.

AlexAmore
12-29-2007, 03:15 AM
ummm....uhhh....uh oh :confused:

smartguy911
12-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Listen to Ron Paul Radio. they are talking about importance of committee

Gordon
12-29-2007, 03:25 AM
important bump

smartguy911
12-29-2007, 04:06 AM
bump - added mp3 file of the discussion in main post

smartguy911
12-29-2007, 02:28 PM
still confused why nobody is discussing this? what's wrong with you guys??

PimpBlimp
12-29-2007, 02:30 PM
People would rather bash Fox news than get the man elected.

Yom
12-29-2007, 02:54 PM
BUMP. This should be stickied! Email it to everyone you know! I've already sent it to my meetup group.

smartguy911
12-29-2007, 07:46 PM
I guess i am going to going to keep bumping this until you guys wake up and realize how important this is

crazyfacedjenkins
12-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Well I'm very interested, can you help me find some information? I live in NJ, 1st congressional district. How do I get started? Is there a petition?

crazyfacedjenkins
12-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Here is something similar I posted, but it didn't seem to get much attention. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=65697

smartguy911
12-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Well I'm very interested, can you help me find some information? I live in NJ, 1st congressional district. How do I get started? Is there a petition?

contact them - http://www.njgop.org/FlexPage.aspx?area=contact

ask about committee and how to get on it. Don't mention anything about Ron Paul. Don't hesitate to call because majority of us are not aware of this either.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Everyone here wants to "get involved," this is about as involved as you're going to get. All this other bullshit is relying on others to do it for you. Haven't you heard the expression, if you want something done right, do it yourself?

smartguy911
12-30-2007, 01:19 AM
bump

smartguy911
12-30-2007, 02:53 AM
another bump

Cleaner44
12-30-2007, 03:02 AM
I have turned in paperwork to be appointed as a Precinct Comitteeman, is that what you mean?

smartguy911
12-30-2007, 05:00 AM
I have turned in paperwork to be appointed as a Precinct Comitteeman, is that what you mean?

yes sir :D

Slist
12-30-2007, 05:34 AM
People would rather bash Fox news than get the man elected.

Yeah. And that's sad!!!

crazyfacedjenkins
12-30-2007, 11:37 PM

What state are you from? What district? Can you please post the procedure or any links that might help?