PDA

View Full Version : We've Doen Our Good Faith Effort... It's Time To Be Heard

JordanL
12-29-2007, 02:12 AM
This is not a call for massive protests... nor is it a call to fax and voicemail anyone to death... this is simply my own personal resolution, affirmed by FOX News' actions regarding the Forum on the 6th.

In all likelyhood we are going to get our share of publicity come the 6th, whether or not it's in the form of the Forum or a seperate function held in "protest". It will likely be a combination of the official and grassroot campaigns efforts which would convince FOX to reverse their terrible decision regarding the Forum. However, there is something I now recognize:

We have spent the last 9+ months putting in a good faith effort to not only campaign for our man in a system that's designed to hurt us, but to do it through the, mostly, same channels as everyone else in an effort to prove our "normal" credibility.

This decision, even if it ends up being reversed, should never have been made. Everyone understands that to an extent. But what this decision really tells me is that we are going to be "allowed" to really break out unless we forego the exercise of jumping through the hoops.

Fuck the hoops.

Whether or not Ron Paul attends the forum is at this point almost entirely irrelevent. Fox, and by proxy much of the rest of the establishment media, has signalled to us once and for all that they will never recognize the reality of the world we live in, or the opinions that we represent. We've been playing nice, and playing by their rules for nine months.

I'm fucking done playing by their rules. What disturbs me is not that these things happen, but why they happen. If nothing else comes of this, we need to recognize that we are no longer playing by their rules... we are no longer playing on their field. it's time for us to stop reacting to their games. We have to take this by the horns... we have to set our own rules and when the time comes we need to be able to face them directly and know that Goliath cannot stand up to David... especially if David is flinging millions of tiny stones.

JordanL
12-29-2007, 02:26 AM
If a mod could fix my fatfingered typo, I'd appreciate it.