PDA

View Full Version : A Deadly Status Quo Is the Cost of Not Voting for Dr. Paul by ex-CIA Michael Scheuer

angrydragon
12-29-2007, 02:11 AM
One can also dislike the views of Dr. Paul and other Libertarians regarding Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt, and other great figures in American history. I frankly admit that I cringe and get angry when I hear Dr. Paul criticize Mr. Lincoln, who I consider the greatest American, next to George Washington. But Dr. Paul and his colleagues have reasoned, fact-based arguments for their views, and though I think their arguments are often wrong, and at times scurrilous and historically obtuse, they at least have a firm grip on the fact that there was an America before the 1960s, and that broad knowledge of where the United States came from is an essential prerequisite for shaping policies to ensure its survival. This sort of historical literacy surely is not to be found in Mr. Giuliani, whose knowledge of the world seems to date from 9/11; in Senator Clinton and most other Democrats, who are ashamed of where America came from and are doing their best to coerce by federal mandate the country’s remaking in their own elitist and multicultural image; or in the rest of both parties’ candidates, who are so ignorant of U.S. history, and that of other peoples and nations, that they believe what Americans have struggled, fought, and died to create in North America over the past 400 years can be put on a CD-ROM and transferred to other cultures.

The chance to see America benefit from a leader who strives to do what he has promised, while simultaneously thumping America’s self-serving political elite and camp-following media are two of the best of the many excellent reasons to vote for Dr. Paul.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/scheuer7.html

Ron LOL
12-29-2007, 02:17 AM
...or in the rest of both parties’ candidates, who are so ignorant of U.S. history, and that of other peoples and nations, that they believe what Americans have struggled, fought, and died to create in North America over the past 400 years can be put on a CD-ROM and transferred to other cultures.

:eek:

Zing! :cool:

paulpwns
12-29-2007, 02:17 AM
amazing.

I love his books

rollingpig
12-29-2007, 02:22 AM
he's catchin on

robert4rp08
12-29-2007, 02:31 AM
damn that's a brilliant piece of writing.

LibertyEagle
12-29-2007, 02:56 AM
FDR a great figure in American history? puke.