12-29-2007, 01:33 AM
:)

nayjevin
12-29-2007, 05:25 AM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7785/tvwonder1gl6.jpg

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5439/penguinonthronebh2.jpg

tbarnett17
12-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I am a video/media editor for a local TV station and would LOVE to be involved in this in any way I can! Just let me know what I can do. -Tyler

BeFranklin
12-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Whats the max we can get for a streaming internet broadcast? What about a high number like 1 million - ie can we beat Fox ratings if we had the technology?

xao
12-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Whats the max we can get for a streaming internet broadcast? What about a high number like 1 million - ie can we beat Fox ratings if we had the technology?

Great question. No idea.

ghemminger
12-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Interested!

AceNZ
12-30-2007, 03:21 AM
0zzy and tbarnett17, you have been added.

0zzy
12-30-2007, 03:22 AM
I've been involved in video production projects. Mostly helping write/produce.

AceNZ
12-30-2007, 03:42 AM

Let's run through the numbers:

Video resolution depends directly on a combination of available bandwidth and the amount of motion in the scene. If we were to compress using a modern codec like divx/xvid/mpeg4, we should be able to deliver a full resolution single stream with about 140KBps end-to-end. With protocol overhead, that would be around 175Kbps net on-the-wire. A low-res stream should be doable at about 25% of that number, or 44Kbps.

One million point-to-point low-res streams from a single head-end would be around 44Kbps * 1M or 44Gbps. Even in a modern co-location facility, getting more than 1Gbps is challenging. Delivering 44Gbps is possible, but it would be extremely expensive, and would require global redistribution through a caching provider like Akamai, and bottlenecks would still be apparent in places. Doing 1M full-resolution shows would take 4X as much bandwidth -- that seems beyond the reach of current technology.

There are other issues here, too. If there are many viewers on the same DSL mux (neighbors in the same community), available bandwidth can be saturated well before individual customer limits are reached.

These are some of the reasons why IPTV exists -- point-to-point delivery of digital programming to lots of homes isn't economically viable today, and probably won't be for the foreseeable future. However, even IPTV requires a dedicated cable distribution network.

What would be a reasonable goal for simultaneous program delivery over the Internet? With a dedicated 100Mbps port, a low-res show could be simultaneously delivered to around 2300 people.

This is another reason why I've been suggesting that broadcast TV is the best long-term approach.

Please join the private group for a more detailed discussion.

AceNZ
12-30-2007, 03:53 AM
Interested!

OK, you've been added.

Brian Bailey
12-30-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm interested.

rancher89
12-30-2007, 10:38 AM
I have no skills in media, am I of any help?

FunkBuddha
12-30-2007, 11:43 AM
How about P2P Video Streaming? I haven't looked at any of the technologies in a while, but it would allow for unlimited bandwidth. You would need to find a tech that supported browser plugins.

AceNZ
12-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Brian Bailey, rancher89 and FunkBuddha have been added.

AceNZ
12-30-2007, 05:47 PM
From now on, access to the Liberty TV project will be by way of a public joinable group -- there is no need to post in this thread.

To enter a request to join, go to the "Group Memberships" section of your User CP, and select "Join Group".

mdh
12-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Yo. So we've got #libertytv on irc.solitox.net now, as well, if you'd like to chat with us.

hawkeyenick
12-31-2007, 03:49 AM
toss me on?

rs3515
12-31-2007, 04:01 AM
Hey just following up once again on this ... add me to the list.

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-01-2008, 06:12 AM
nt

user
01-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Interested

haigh
01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
AceNZ,
What if it wasn't approached as one million to start?
What if the per stream cost could be estimated and a subscription was required in order to bootstrap the startup?
What if the subscription was associated with a time slot to manage bandwidth?
The idea is to bootstrap the process, and let the demand drive the problem solving. ie some geographies would not need infrastructure, others might need a lot. Maybe the subscription includes the first seven days for free to help with conversions. Don't mean to be real specific here, just trying to brainstorm.

I also wonder if the production side wouldn't be more valuable at this point than the live distribution. ie What if the grassroots funded a three man crew, camera, sound, and computer that would follow Dr. Paul and everytime he had a campaign speech a quality video was released to freeme.tv? I would assume he has at least one public appearance with his supporters most days. I'm guessing that a number of campaign appearances never make it to youtube.

Consider that Obama and Hillary each raised $100M last year, and that many of their supporters have to be net savy, and many of them may find appeal in Dr. Paul's foreign policy. As the election evolves the emptiness of these democratic candidate's position is going to become more apparent. These voters will be a key demographic needed to win the election and a daily TV program may help bring them to the RPR. We sure can't count on the MSM.

The campaign has posted a list of academics and important supporters. A crew should be going around and collecting ten minute spots from them that are willing to share their expertise.

The RPR has broken all kinds of new ground with this Revolution. LibertyTV seems like the next logical step. It wold be newsworthy on its own. I hope we can keep this discussion evolving.

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-02-2008, 08:18 PM
nt

AceNZ
01-02-2008, 09:49 PM
What if it wasn't approached as one million to start?
What if the per stream cost could be estimated and a subscription was required in order to bootstrap the startup?
What if the subscription was associated with a time slot to manage bandwidth?
The idea is to bootstrap the process, and let the demand drive the problem solving. ie some geographies would not need infrastructure, others might need a lot.

My view on this is that:

1. I don't think it makes good business sense to build a company based on technology that isn't fully mature yet. If it's not ready to deliver to 1M subscribers today, then why bother with a slow-ramp-up, since we know we'll hit a technical limit quickly if we're successful.

2. Charging a subscription fee is a bad idea because it would drive away the middle class and the poor, who are key parts of our desired audience.

Let's move the rest of this discussion into the Private forum area...

alexa doherty
01-13-2008, 11:46 PM
I wanna join

eOs
01-24-2008, 03:00 AM
I would like to help as well. By this December I will have a degree in Information Science and technology. I want to help in any way I can for this cause. Please PM or private message me.

sirachman
01-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Interested

Opiner
01-26-2008, 01:23 PM
I think having a full blown station to compete with other msm networks would be better.

Bretigne
01-27-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm interested in participating. You can see some of my work at:

www.cultural-nomad.com/bretigne.html

and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSOhdKbzLjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnO_ApNE0L8

Bretigne

mdh
02-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey Bretigne, good to see you here.

Is this project still active? I haven't seen the dude who set it up in a bit. The website is up on my servers at http://www.libertytvproject.com/.

Future4u
02-04-2008, 04:35 AM
I tried to login to that Liberty TV project and received the notice that : " You don't have permission to access/on this server "

AWMWTP
02-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Please email me with your contact number and I will calll you about this. We have the answer and it's paid for
amandamoorewtp@comcast.net

soule
02-08-2008, 08:30 PM
What do you think about this one:

www.wtpcast.com

www.wtpcast.com/default.aspx

www.wtpcast.com/default_for.asp

You are welcome to participate and I will be glad to work with any RP supporters, I am just one person now

Teflon Master
02-09-2008, 04:17 PM
-----

kill the banks
02-09-2008, 04:30 PM
we need this

kill the banks