PDA

View Full Version : Record high new members today on Ron Paul Meetup.com

jj111
07-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Record high new members today on Ron Paul Meetup.com

There have been 481 new members on Ron Paul meetup since last night at 7pm PT (10pm ET).

Last night at 7pm PT, the membership was 16401.
Today at 4pm PT, the membership was 16882.

According to my observations since looking at this daily over the last 3 weeks, today is a record day for new membership.

http://www.meetup.com/topics/polact/cand/pres/

Bergie Bergeron
07-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Bumping this for sure !

DisabledVet
07-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Go Ron ...Go Ron... !!!

http://www.polocrosse.com.au/worldcup/images/pics/DC_Imagine.jpg

tiznow
07-11-2007, 06:08 PM
I have a question about how they tally member numbers. If say you are members of multiple meetup groups does it count you more than once or is that number 16822 unique members. I hope its the latter.

AMack
07-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Wow thats a huge boost! If we gained 500 a day that'd make about 50,000 more members by the time the primaries are here. Given the exponential growth of the RP campaign, I think we can expect more of that, anyway.

DeadheadForPaul
07-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I have a question about how they tally member numbers. If say you are members of multiple meetup groups does it count you more than once or is that number 16822 unique members. I hope its the latter.

I was also wondering about this

RonPaulGetsIt
07-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Why don't these ron paul forums have 10,000 members? Seems if people are interested enough for a meet-up group we should see them here. Everyone pass the word to all your members please.

hells_unicorn
07-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Speaking from my end, I started the Quakertown Meet-up 5 days ago and we are already up to 9 members, and of them only a few of us spend a lot of time online. The guy who started the meet-up with me never uses forums because he doesn't have the time, he's a freelance musician and has barely enough time to read his emails.

Some of the older folks that join these meet-ups don't see the internet as a second home, but they are still active.

orenbus
07-11-2007, 06:31 PM
ya im starting to see new groups forming
in new areas

angrydragon
07-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Well the forum isn't a part of the official Ron Paul 2008 campaign.

jj111
07-11-2007, 07:34 PM

My guess it's the former. What's more important than the actual number is the growth rate, as well as the number of times larger that number is compared with any other candidate. It is quite significant.

dspectre
07-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Why does that page show differently from this page http://ronpaul.meetup.com/about/ ?

jj111
07-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Why does that page show differently from this page http://ronpaul.meetup.com/about/ ?

Your page shows an aggregate number which is the sum of those people "in" RP Meetup groups PLUS those people "waiting for" a Meetup group to begin. This summation number is misleading, and I believe is a programming/web design mistake on Meetup.com

tiznow
07-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah the more i think about it i'm pretty sure its not couting people multiple times since everybody just signs up once with the actual central ronpaul.meetup.com after that you choose which group/groups you want to be a part of

and yes that number on that page is the number of members in actual active group + the number of people "interested" and waiting for a group to form

libertarian4321
07-12-2007, 05:47 AM

Another inaccuracy in the total- a lot of us have family that come to the meetups, but don't have their own account.

My wife will be attending a meetup this weekend to set up the San Antonio Ron Paul HQ near the Alamo, but she isn't a registered meetup person (we share one account).

dspectre
07-12-2007, 05:57 AM
Your page shows an aggregate number which is the sum of those people "in" RP Meetup groups PLUS those people "waiting for" a Meetup group to begin. This summation number is misleading, and I believe is a programming/web design mistake on Meetup.com

Thanks for answering my question.

That's lame that they use the sum. Someone may need to notify meetup to clarify these numbers.

klamath
07-12-2007, 09:18 AM
I am one of those people waiting for enough people so I can form a group. the funny part is my mother lives next door and is a rabid Paul fan. She signed up and wanted to know who that other person was in our hometown. Boy was she disappointed when she found out it was just me.