PDA

View Full Version : SLAM Fox/NWS on Yahoo Finance Message Boards

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 12:48 AM
I just posted how I am selling my shares on NWS due to RP not being invited to the Fox Forum on the Yahoo finance message board for NWS. All you "shareholders" should do the same - or at least slam the stock and the company so others don't buy. Mention you are boycotting anything and everything related to Fox/NWS.

A LOT of investors read this message board - as well as their senior management. If we TAKE OVER this board for a few days, I bet they cave in. Would be really funny if the stock went down.

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/mb/NWS

EDIT: When you post - MAKE SURE you click the "strong sell" icon at the bottom of where you type your post so NWS will get rateded "bearish" by Yahoo.

They keep track of this and we can get on the list with enough "strong sell" sentiments. Post your words with "strong sell" and rate all negative posts 5 stars and the one postive one I see 1 star.

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 12:55 AM
BUMP - this WILL work. Thier P.R. people follow this board and it will get to senior management.

fedup100
12-29-2007, 12:59 AM
I just posted how I am selling my shares on NWS due to RP not being invited to the Fox Forum on the Yahoo finance message board for NWS. All you "shareholders" should do the same - or at least slam the stock and the company so others don't buy. Mention you are boycotting anything and everything related to Fox/NWS.

A LOT of investors read this message board - as well as their senior management. If we TAKE OVER this board for a few days, I bet they cave in. Would be really funny if the stock went down.

Agree!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67329

idiom
12-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Bump.

Start e-mailing analysts everywhere.

schmeisser
12-29-2007, 01:04 AM
I five starred you!

bluefish
12-29-2007, 01:08 AM
I sold my newscorp stock about six months ago when I woke up to the reality of what a piece of crap excuse for a human being Rupert Murdouch is. I refuse to invest my hard earned money to help build his fortune.

Yom
12-29-2007, 01:09 AM
Bump.

Mark Rushmore
12-29-2007, 01:09 AM
Eh - I support the premise, but collusive attempts to impact share price is probably some kind of legal no-no. Just mentioning it - I'm no lawyer and I don't know if anyone cares either way. :D

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Bump - post AND rate. I'm telling you - this will get them.

kutibah
12-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Bump

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 01:41 AM
Eh - I support the premise, but collusive attempts to impact share price is probably some kind of legal no-no. Just mentioning it - I'm no lawyer and I don't know if anyone cares either way. :D

Not in the least bit illegal unless you expect the stock to go down AND you buy a short position. This is a public company and Murdoch is a public figure and you can say ANYTHING you want - as long as you don't make money off this if the stock were to go down.

Post AND Rate please. I GUARANTEE Fox execs will piss in their pants about this out of fear of upsetting Murdoch. It WILL work if we keep it up for a few days.

Thousands of NWS investors peak in on this board in any given week - and the senior execs watch it. Happens with all Yahoo fanance message boards for any publically traded company.

ionlyknowy
12-29-2007, 01:54 AM

There is a tort cause of action for this I think.. not sure if it applies to stock though

Interference w/ Potential business advantage
Defendant drives off customers, not by competing, but by intentional action.
Factors that are weighed:
1.Nature of actors conduct 2. Actors motive 3. Interests of guy getting screwed 4. Interest of the actor 5. Social interest 6. Proximity of the actors conduct to the interference 7. The relations between the parties

bclemms
12-29-2007, 02:09 AM
I suggested this earlier in the big thread. I think it is a good idea but only for a very short period. Even if we could get the drop to it would be very temporary because investors would realize that the stock is dropping only because of this and see it as a buying opportunity. Even if we could get the stock to drop 10% it would likely recover by the end of the session.

If you want to have an impact on the stock then I would suggest going to stock trading forums and posting the news that thousands of people will be selling all stakes in NWS at the opening bell Monday morning and tell them why. There are several major trading forums but they have huge lurker audiences. I have seen rumored speculation on these sites hurt the value of a stock. The downside is after the drop many will also use this as a chance to buy at a discount and the price drop will likely only be very temporary.

BeFranklin
12-29-2007, 02:10 AM
No.

Mention this instead. It has far more impact:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67469
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67313

hard@work
12-29-2007, 02:11 AM
I suggested this earlier in the big thread. I think it is a good idea but only for a very short period. Even if we could get the drop to it would be very temporary because investors would realize that the stock is dropping only because of this and see it as a buying opportunity. Even if we could get the stock to drop 10% it would likely recover by the end of the session.

Not if confidence drops with the price. Depends on if we can get that message out.

bclemms
12-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Not if confidence drops with the price. Depends on if we can get that message out.

How would we get the confidence to drop if the companies earnings are not changed. Even if the investors that sold the stock did not buy back in the price drop would bring in new investors buying a stock to a company that is now undervalued after the stock was sold off because emotional reasons rather than financial reasons.

ThinkAwake
12-29-2007, 02:27 AM

What respect do you have for their laws? Do they apply to the aid of our enemies domestic? Wake up, every generation needs a revolution. The oppressors are tirelessly continuiing their campaign.... Let us not let up.

Liberty Star
12-29-2007, 02:30 AM
BUMP - this WILL work. Thier P.R. people follow this board and it will get to senior management.

Those stock message boards are often full of spam, I'm not sure if that's the best way to get results.

Writing to people of influence, media outlets, ad sponsors will be much more effective protest.

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 02:43 AM
Those stock message boards are often full of spam, I'm not sure if that's the best way to get results.

Writing to people of influence, media outlets, ad sponsors will be much more effective protest.

Disagree - I have seen companies make drastic changes from what was said on Yahoo finance boards. I don't think you realize the impact this can have.

And IF this were to drive the stock down - that is the free market speaking. People are selling because NWS screwed a presidential candidate. Nothing wrong with that and perfectly legal.

I say we keep it up through the weekend and Monday and let them freak. This is the way to go. The Dems got nowhere boycotting Fox sponsors. Thye are just too big. This also embarasses Murdoch and causes fear amongst his management minions - and THAT will be the biggest impact.

As an example of the power of Yahoo finance boards, my Comcast cablw went down and they said it would be a week to get a tech out. I posted this on the Yahoo finance board for Comcast with my email address. I got an immediate email with a tech coming out in hours and three days later Comcast had a press release about hiring 500 new techs.

This works - keep posting and rating.

Wyurm
12-29-2007, 02:45 AM
If you really want to hurt Fox, why not join forces with the many other anti-Fox groups out there (and trust me, there are PLENTY). However, you might just possibly want to know that since Fox is often viewed as a Republican TV station (yeah, I know they only serve themselves and not any one else) you might end up alienating some Republicans with this. But, if you want to go through with it, I'd suggest working with the other anti-Fox groups who may or may not agree with Dr. Paul's views -- strength in numbers.

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 02:57 AM
If you really want to hurt Fox, why not join forces with the many other anti-Fox groups out there (and trust me, there are PLENTY). However, you might just possibly want to know that since Fox is often viewed as a Republican TV station (yeah, I know they only serve themselves and not any one else) you might end up alienating some Republicans with this. But, if you want to go through with it, I'd suggest working with the other anti-Fox groups who may or may not agree with Dr. Paul's views -- strength in numbers.

Anybody who takes Fox seriously will not vote for RP. If these anti-Fox groups had any sense they would be all over the Yahoo finance message board. Embarassing them in front of the invesment community hits home harder than anything else.

Other things can also be done, but this just takes a few minutes and if enough people do it it will have impact.

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 01:37 PM
BUMP - these guys will FLIP come Monday.

Keep posting AND rating.

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Come on people - we can do better, this will have an affect, and it only takes a few minute that does not take away from grassroots efforts.

Please rate AND post. The more posts the better. Thousands of investors read this weekly, if not daily. Fox will have pie all over their face.

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 02:43 PM
bump

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 03:37 PM
bumpity bump

Rex
12-29-2007, 03:38 PM
dump the shares!

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 04:56 PM
The Yahoo finance board is getting ugly. By opening bell Monday it will be a mess. Let's keep it up.

Also, link this thread to any other RP forums you know about.

niall
12-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Don't forget to post on Google's board as well:

http://finance.google.com/group/google.finance.25639/browse_thread/thread/435d9e08edd073d4?

xerigen
12-29-2007, 05:20 PM
If these are legit, there will be LOTS of stocks sold on Monday.

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Don't forget to post on Google's board as well:

http://finance.google.com/group/google.finance.25639/browse_thread/thread/435d9e08edd073d4?

Good idea, but keep focused on Yahoo finance. It the largest financial message board community on the net. Raging Bull is second, but Yahoo Finance owns finance on the internet like Google owns searches. We should focus on Yahoo fianance with a TON of messages whill getting a few on Google finance and Raging Bull.

niall
12-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Good idea, but keep focused on Yahoo finance. It the largest financial message board community on the net. Raging Bull is second, but Yahoo Finance owns finance on the internet like Google owns searches. We should focus on Yahoo fianance with a TON of messages whill getting a few on Google finance and Raging Bull.

Sounds good, let's keep hammering them.

literatim
12-29-2007, 05:24 PM
http://www.hotstockmarket.com/

fedup100
12-29-2007, 05:28 PM
The point of doing this is they don't really know how big we are or what effect it will have. They also probably didn't expect such a sophisticated and organized effort.

It should at least generate a lot of pissed pants and that's enough to make me happy.

The best part is it could really affect them and if it does we need to bore down on that hogs throat till it is gone for good.

They own myspace too......we need to dump that thing. We don't need it.

This needs to continue after Tuesday, we must keep pushing this fascist organization until it is put out of business.

Next we must demand legislation putting a stop to a controlled media.

P.S. I have seen stories all over the Internet today with different groups that are dumping their stocks, this thing has legs!

DirectDemocracy
12-29-2007, 05:29 PM
I messaged Jim Cramer and Timothy Sykes about this-I wonder what they will say?

tmg19103
If these are legit, there will be LOTS of stocks sold on Monday.

NWS has not been doing well lately and I bet many investors have considered selling their holdings. Even if these posters saying they are going to sell are not legit, it may be what it takes to push other holders into selling. We shall see. If anything, it humiliates Fox and Murdoch in the financial community. As for legality, nothing wrong with slamming Fox/NWS as long as you don't gain financially by the stock going down. Blast away if you don't own shares in a short position.

As a matter of fact, when something like this happens, short sellers might smell blood and drive the stock down further only to then flip to a long position - but only if this gets huge and makes the press.

If the stock drops, I'm emailing every news outlet from that post that had hundreds of news contacts with the link to the Yahoo finance board and how this is what happens to Fox/NWS for their sordid electioneering tactics towards RP.

Keep posting AND rating.

niall
Let's make one of our targets to make NWS show up on the "Bearish" list below. It's controlled by the number of bearish messages on the boards.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/saorsa_2007/yhmb.png

syborius
I posted, we need far more posts...a few hundred to get the ball rolling and cause a major disturbance...

rfbz
12-29-2007, 05:41 PM
here's my post, I tried to make it sound more objective.

I've been looking into possibly investing in NWS for some time now, but it just seems that with the recent purchase of Dow Jones, it will take years to recoup the costs of that acquisition. Not to mention, it's unclear if the WSJ will continue to bring in much, as the internet has brought about more competition in that market, and people no longer have to go to the Wall Street Journal for their financial news. The dominance of myspace.com is also losing ground. Fox News has been it's darling for quite some time, but unfortunately people are starting to catch on that it's essentially a propaganda machine. Is there really a compelling argument for buying NWS?

BeFranklin
12-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Create a list of sponsors that are dropping their support of this, and the finance forums will want to know. The same thing if they get sued for breaking campaign laws as mentioned in another message, that will affect financials.

BeFranklin
12-29-2007, 05:54 PM
I posted, we need far more posts...a few hundred to get the ball rolling and cause a major disturbance...

Pump and dumpers only need a couple of people, but they are already connected. This could be honest, and much bigger.

BeFranklin
12-29-2007, 05:56 PM
If the stock drops, I'm emailing every news outlet from that post that had hundreds of news contacts with the link to the Yahoo finance board and how this is what happens to Fox/NWS for their sordid electioneering tactics towards RP.

Keep posting AND rating.

Does anyone own a controlling interest in Fox? This could be the start of a buyout if shares drop.

shepburn
12-29-2007, 06:00 PM
sell

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Let's make one of our targets to make NWS show up on the "Bearish" list below. It's controlled by the number of bearish messages on the boards.

Awesome. Market does not open until Tuesday, We have over two days to own this board.

Post your own comment, but make sure you respond to a few other negative/bearish posts and rate it.

We are already rwning this message board which is huge in the financial community. Let's see if we can take the stock down. We have over two days. Market opens Tuesday and it may take some time for the market to figure things out, so we really have to blast the Yahoo board on Tuesday was well.

Also, post a link to this thread wherever people support RP.

paul_v
12-29-2007, 07:26 PM

Waaaa I work for Nortel :( I hate our stock.

I really think we're on to something here. If NWS stock declines over 10% it will be big methinks.

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 07:52 PM
When you post - MAKE SURE you click the "strong sell" icon at the bottom of where you type your post so NWS will get rateded "bearish" by Yahoo.

They keep track of this and we can get on the list with enough "strong sell" sentiments.

smartguy911
12-29-2007, 07:56 PM
bump

kutibah
12-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Bump!

tmg19103
12-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Beer bump.

tmg19103
12-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Double shot bump.

RP has STILL been excluded from this Jan 6. forum. Nolan is wrong. AP is right. The NH GOP never denied it on Friday when they had the chance.

Fox sucks - STILL blast them on the Yahoo finance board. This can serve as warning for the later January Fox debate right before Super Tuesday to behave.

stewie3128
12-30-2007, 12:21 AM
Who are they going to sue? The meetup groups? Ok...

Thrice
12-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Hm, wonder what Kramer would have to say...? ;)

Cleaner44
12-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Bottom line is, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

MozoVote
12-30-2007, 12:46 AM
A lot of the people claiming that they will short NWS probably won't be able to. You can only short on an uptick, and when there are shares available to be loaned out.

However, I do think a lot of longs will be bailing. NWS has not been a good performer anyway - and who wants to hold something that is in the middle of so much bad publicity? And possibly losing avertising -> revenue <- from it all.

The curious question, is who will be buying it on Monday? Murdoch's family trust? /shrug/

BobSmith
12-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Hello Everybody

I think this could work, a Christian group boycotted ford for running ads target to homosexuals and Ford eventually pulled the ads.

I would discourage people from shorting the stock, could violate the SEC's rules,

However, announcing a boycott of News corp products is within reason.

Also, this an excellent time to reach out to anti-fox and Anti-censorship groups.

Some one should blog about this so it can be posted to digg.

faisal
12-30-2007, 01:17 AM
Mine is below. Please use mine if you have to as it shows a dramatic stock value loss:

"Supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul will be boycotting Fox news and other companies of News Corp in response to Ron Paul's exclusion from a New Hampshire debate/forum. WIth over hundreds of thousands of supporters removing Fox network from their television services, along with the removal of their stocks, the NWS stock value will decrease tremendously. All investors of NWS, sell your stocks immediately to avoid a dramatic loss in value!"

faisal
12-30-2007, 02:00 AM
I really don't think we're posting in the right section... Only one person is commenting to all of our work, and apparently he's a Ron Paul forum user who hates Ron Paul and knows what we're doing.

tmg19103
12-30-2007, 02:09 AM
HaHa - NWS has one whole supporter named "rpsux". He is posting now. What a sorry sack.

tmg19103
12-30-2007, 02:13 AM
I really don't think we're posting in the right section... Only one person is commenting to all of our work, and apparently he's a Ron Paul forum user who hates Ron Paul and knows what we're doing.

No worries. What's one idiot against thousands. Just blow him out of the water with posts. The link to the NWS board has been posted to other RP forums. Has it been sent out to MeetUps? At he very least, I see this as the best way to cause this $90 billion corrupt corporation heartache, and it would be hilarious if the stock dropped.

paulette
12-30-2007, 02:13 AM
http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_N/threadview?m=tm&bn=13109&tid=5593&mid=5593&tof=18&frt=2

tmg19103
12-30-2007, 02:29 AM
http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_N/threadview?m=tm&bn=13109&tid=5593&mid=5593&tof=18&frt=2

Lot of love being spread around that message board

tmg19103
12-30-2007, 02:33 AM
Damn, we have three full pages in less than 24 hours. By opening bell Tuesday any analyst taking a peak at that message board will wonder what in the Hell is going on as it historically is a pretty tame board. This will get buzz on Wall Street.

Whether the stock goes down, who knows, but Rupert will be FUMING. CEO's always check out their Yahoo boards - and their friends do to. Poor Rupert will NOT be happy ;)

paulette
12-30-2007, 02:48 AM
You know, I don't know a darn thing about the stock market and how it all works, but I enjoyed the hell out of going to the yahoo finance page and reading and posting, and I will continue to do so.

This is all so exciting and I sure wish I had some NWS to sell right now!

QuesoPantera
12-30-2007, 09:49 AM
By God, we're gettin 'er done...

h ttp://finance.google.com/finance?meta=hl%3Den&q=nws

MozoVote
12-30-2007, 10:48 AM
I would not be surprised if Yahoo shuts down the NWS discussion area soon. They will do that if too many "trolls" invade a stock forum.

matthylland
12-30-2007, 10:49 AM
It has made it onto Cramer's website stockpickr.com

Im not sure if it is any of us or not....but there are several topics about this.

MozoVote
12-30-2007, 11:09 AM
There are threads on EliteTrader too.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=112950

Even if the MSM won't cover his exclusion, this news is getting around.

tmg19103
12-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Keep hitting up Yahoo. One way to get RP invited is to get the financial community riled up. They tend to support RP. Besides, Fox deserves to be blasted.

Post a new post, rate it 5 stars if negative on Fox and MAKE SURE you click "strong sell" before you post what you wrote. I'm willing ot bet that by the time the markets open on Tuesady we can have Fox/NWS rated "Bearish" on the Yahoo user sentiment list. Also post comments on other negative posts and rate everything five stars with "strong sell" on those posts.

It's a free market and in a free society and there is nother wrong with punishing a biased and corrupt old media "news" organization with the new media.

eddie83
12-30-2007, 02:05 PM
$2.00 away from 52 week low. Looks like it's been getting dumped for a while now already. Gotta watch this tomorrow.

tmg19103
12-30-2007, 04:01 PM
RP needs support in top post. Two guys are ganging up on one RP supporter. I'll help after dinner.

tmg19103
12-30-2007, 06:12 PM
bump

tmg19103
12-30-2007, 08:46 PM
neocon gets totally rwned on this thread. :D

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_N/threadview?m=tm&bn=13109&tid=5888&mid=5888&tof=4&frt=2

niall
12-31-2007, 06:43 AM
First mission accomplished!

From http://finance.yahoo.com:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/saorsa_2007/nws.png

Now let the selloff begin!

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 06:54 AM
People may want to ask talkshows on call in about the sentiments on Yahoo.

Edit: Maybe its news of the sponsors that are leaving.

BeFranklin
12-31-2007, 07:04 AM
///

jake
12-31-2007, 09:58 AM
yes, calling business call-in shows today would have great impact!! niall awesome graphic - ***BEARISH ON NWS***!!

tmg19103
12-31-2007, 10:15 AM
First mission accomplished!

From http://finance.yahoo.com:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/saorsa_2007/nws.png

Now let the selloff begin!

Great job everyone. This will keep a lot of individual investors away. We won't hurt them with the institutional investors who own a big chunk, but if we keep this up over time it will incementally hurt the stock. Question is, will people make "strong sell" posts a daily routine? Let's keep it up!

I bet we can get the stock down an point or two by the end of the week - which will be a decrease in hundreds of million of dollars in value of NWS.

liberty_Forever
12-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Fox is down (-0.82%) today while Dow is down (-0.63%)

tmg19103
12-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Keep hammering them! We'll get it down further before the closing bell.

Eponym_mi
12-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Somebody needs to call into Cramer during the lightening round.:D

tmg19103
12-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Also, this is AWESOME. Hundreds of thousands of people read this main Yahoo finance page everyday. Scroll down and see how we got NWS "Bearish" in one day!

http://finance.yahoo.com/

Keep posting and click "strong sell" at the bottom before you post :p

POST here: http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/mb/NWS