PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Chief: "Gut Feeling" About Attack

mconder
07-11-2007, 04:36 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/11/terror/main3042947.shtml

What does this mean for Ron if they get their wish?

Lord Xar
07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
I was listening to Corsi last night and he said something that the Powers that Bush gave himself that he, Bush, could actually suspend elections if he thought national security was threatened..

between chertoffs gut feeling and Bush's new found presidential powers and wide open borders.... hmmmmmmm

mconder
07-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh and also, why do we need the Department of Homeland Security and the CIA if we can go off Chertoff's gut feelings? Seems like a colossal waste of money.

mconder
07-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Bush, could actually suspend elections if he thought national security was threatened..

Is that in Directive 51?

Wyurm
07-11-2007, 04:41 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/11/terror/main3042947.shtml

What does this mean for Ron if they get their wish?

I was worried about that too. I also find it horridly suspicious that terror attacks do coincide with low approval ratings.

No matter what, its highly unprofessional of the director of Homeland Security to announce to us that he has a "gut feeling" of impending doom with no specifics. Its like he was trying to scare us just to scare us.

DisabledVet
07-11-2007, 04:41 PM
The goal is to provoke / facilitate a domestic attack which will cause national sentiment to sway towards continuing the war on terror.

Mom4Ron
07-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Gut feeling, my foot. More like hopeful thinking. Not that I think he wants us to get attacked, but I don't think it's any secret that an attack would bolster the booya vote.

Wyurm
07-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Bush, could actually suspend elections if he thought national security was threatened..

Is that in Directive 51?

Yes, and that is one FRIGHTENING directive. Here it is if you would like to scare the crap out of yourself: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html

graystar
07-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Must be that 40 billion dollar crystal ball they bought.

mconder
07-11-2007, 04:51 PM
If something major occurs before the primaries and Ron loses because of renewed support for the war, it will go along way to converting me to the truther movement.

Wyurm
07-11-2007, 04:53 PM
If something major occurs before the primaries and Ron loses because of renewed support for the war, it will go along way to converting me to the truther movement.

According to that directive I posted above, if something happens before Bush is out, he becomes God. I believe most people would wake up at that point.

thuja
07-11-2007, 04:53 PM
someone wrote a book in which the president is president . that has been bothering me for over a year now.

Bluedevil
07-11-2007, 04:54 PM
thats ridiculous, wasnt there an election in the middle of the Civil War?

thuja
07-11-2007, 04:54 PM
someone wrote a book in which the president is president . that has been bothering me for over a year now.

no,i said in which the president is president FOREVER, and that is scary

Wyurm
07-11-2007, 04:55 PM
thats ridiculous, wasnt there an election in the middle of the Civil War?

yes, but they didnt have Bush's presidential directives back then.

Ann Kobialka
07-11-2007, 04:56 PM
From the movie "V" "I want them so scared they will be begging us to protect them" Sounding familiar ??? Ann

Lord Xar
07-11-2007, 04:56 PM
.... nevermind... open borders, no security, and this is what I seen on another forum: get a load of this.... seems like the globalist plan is taking shape:

OSHA to revise explosives rule

OSHA has issued a notice of proposed rulemaking to revise the Explosives and Blasting Agent standard and is accepting public comment on the proposed standard

until July 12, 2007.

The standard covers employees working in the manufacturing, storage, sale, transportation, handling and use of explosives. The proposal updates and clarifies the regulatory language, revises the standard to be consistent with other federal regulations, incorporates updated consensus standards, and provides the regulated community with more flexibility.

Significant changes in the proposed rule include:

Updating the definition of explosives so it is consistent with the Department of Transportation (DOT) definition
Incorporating the DOT/United Nations-based classification system in the explosives definition
Updating references to DOT regulations
Requiring package labels to be in accordance with OSHA’s Hazard Communication standard and to use the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS)
Eliminating storage magazine requirements because the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has adopted and enforces such regulations
Adding provisions to ensure that employees are properly trained in hazard recognition and safe work practices
Comments may be submitted electronically at http://www.regulations.gov, the Federal Rulemaking portal; by sending three copies to the OSHA Docket Office, Room N-2625, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20210; or by fax to (202) 693-1648. Comments must include the docket number OSHA-2007-0032.

klamath
07-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Yes comrade, ve must defend the motherland and stop all the hooliganism of those Paul supporters!

Andrew76
07-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Yeah, what in the HELL.... ? Someone comes on the news talking about a "gut feeling,"?! The conversation should've happened like this:

reporter: Well sir, what makes you think we may be attacked over the summer. Are you aware of any specific details?

dumbass: Well sir, I'll tell you, it's just a gut feeling I have.

reporter: [pause]....uh,.... a what?

dumbass: You know, a gut feeling.

reporter: [silence].... [clears throat]... did you say, "gut feeling?"

dumbass: What? You never had a hunch about somethin'?

reporter: Don't you work for the U.S. government? Is this how you NORMALLY operate?? Do you realize the implications of what you're saying? Why in the hell would you say such a ridiculous thing. I might have gut feeling that a giant space egg is going to crash into earth and hatch Godzilla, but that doesn't mean squat! What information are you going on, SIR?

.... at this point the crowd of people hanging around (assuming there was one), would start saying, "Yeah, what is this freaking b.s.??" and "Is this guy serious?" Then the whole scene should erupt into said dumbass being carried outside by an angry mob, tarred & feathered, then fired from his job.

How in the world can people not be angry about this? We are clearly being manipulated. :mad:

BLS
07-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh c'mon guys. Isn't it obvious what's going on?

The low-approval rated White House is pulling the Terrorism card again.
It diverts attention from Libby and other issues, or at least that's the plan.

People are WAKING UP to this BS.

thuja
07-11-2007, 05:07 PM
From the movie "V" "I want them so scared they will be begging us to protect them" Sounding familiar ??? Ann

on the other hand if we mock them, they will want to show us the threat they were mentioning.

www.pledgetoimpeach.org

Wyurm
07-11-2007, 05:09 PM
on the other hand if we mock them, they will want to show us the threat they were mentioning.

www.pledgetoimpeach.org

My exact fear. If you don't cower in front of a bully, he will hit you.

thuja
07-11-2007, 05:11 PM
so, sice we cannot be right either way
www.pledgetoimpeach.org

paulitics
07-11-2007, 05:21 PM
read this full article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070710chertoff,1,2055735.story

Read what he is saying guys. He is saying that since the shamnesty bill didn't pass than maybe there will be more attacks, because "he" will not be properly equipped to protect us. I'm so livid, that I can't express how terrible and serious his threats are. This tactic is so low, his lies so egregious, I'm at a loss for words for his Orwellian logic.

thuja
07-11-2007, 05:29 PM
impeach them and their false plans

MGS
07-11-2007, 05:49 PM
If this guy has a "gut feeling" maybe he knows something the general public doesnt.

glts
07-11-2007, 05:55 PM
We're suppose to believe Chertoff's "gut feeling." We'll I have more than a gut feeling that illegal aliens are flowing like water into this country. His job is to keep Americans afraid that the boggie man is coming to get them just so we will give up more of our liberties.

ChooseLiberty
07-11-2007, 05:57 PM
What gets me is the Czar of Homeland security isn't even smart enough to just to say make up a threat, raise the level to red and then tell the MSM that all the rest is tip top secret.

Oh snap. Maybe that's next.

MGS
07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Maybe Rudy's polling numbers just needed a boost... :P

RonPaulGetsIt
07-11-2007, 06:11 PM

Absolutely right. Remember when they always used to say they were hearing a lot of chatter? Give me a break. Why should we believe anything this government tells us? They simply aren't credible. Stop with the fear mongering already.

Electric Church
07-11-2007, 06:13 PM
the man is evil:mad:

PatriotOne
07-11-2007, 06:22 PM
A least someone in the Government is calling him on the fearmongering....

Homeland security chair responds to Chertoff's 'gut'

Homeland Security Committee Chairman Bennie G. Thompson has sent a letter to Chertoff demanding an explanation, "what color code in the Homeland Security Advisory System is associated with a 'gut feeling?' What sectors should be on alert as a result of your “gut feeling?”

rest here:

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Homeland_security_chair_responds_to_Chertoffs_0711 .html

paulitics
07-11-2007, 06:29 PM
He's fear mongering on the heels of the shamnesty bill defeat, saying they may not have the tools to protect us now. The shamnesty bill would do the exact opposite of what they were trying to ram down our throats, which is why it went down in flames. Now he's saying an attack may come at any time now based on his gut.

Swmorgan77
07-11-2007, 06:33 PM

Well to me, whether the attack is "real" or "staged" or something in between such as provoked or sheparded, is a secondary issue.

Problem/Reaction/Solution works either way. Real attacks fuel the fear and support for the war on terror just as well as fake ones. We need to reject fear-mongering and the unconstituitonal "solutions" proposed in the name of security regardless of the factual reality of the supposed "crisis". Then NIETHER real terrorists nor social engineers will have an incentive to carry out attacks and create crisis/chaos.

Robert Higgs wrote a great book called "Crisis and Leviathan" where he covers the whole history of the dynamic of crisis fueling centralization and control. It's not just military threats either, but things like environmentalism, economic catastrophe, etc. Every "crisis" is siezed upon to move us in the direction of less freedom and more centralized control which will eventually be centralized at the world level.

He also wrote a follow-up post 9-11 called "Resurgence of the Warfare State", and the title page says "Here we go again.."

Great books.

PatriotOne
07-11-2007, 06:37 PM

paulitics
07-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Can someone please tell me what happened to the fort dix guys? Does anyone know if they were found guilty?

PatriotOne
07-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Can someone please tell me what happened to the fort dix guys? Does anyone know if they were found guilty?

Associated Press
Fort Dix Prosecutors Seek Anonymous Jury
Associated Press 07.10.07, 12:09 AM ET
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/10/ap3897018.html

LibertyBelle
07-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Was watching MSNBC earlier, and not only the 'gut feeling' statement about something happening this summer came up, BUT ALSO they said that Al Quada has now grown back to the level the organization was at in 2001!

No joke, they said that! WTF? Let's just say hypothetically that this is true, guess the WOT didn't do squat! Just like the war on drugs. Incentive to brainwash people into believing things neeed to be stepped up? FEAR SELLS..... They are really desperate to sell the WOT and distract people from their criminal behavior. Sociopath alert.....code red, if you haven't noticed!

Sir VotesALot
07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
For people who think big government is good, Homeland Security and the authority issued to it by way of presidential directives should serve as a SERIOUS wake-up call for you.

We're supposed to be United STATES, not United Nation. We don't WANT "national security". GO THE FUCK AWAY!

constituent
07-11-2007, 07:24 PM
These people are sociopathic, don't be lulled into thinking this is a some creep with a 'gut' feeling out there trying to 'fearmonger' as we are all so found of saying.

This is a system mocking you. I would not be so cavalier as to dismiss this as a warning or a political tactic, simply waging the dog as they say. I would, and for that matter do, interpret this as a threat against the American public. Examine the history of these people, these tactics. We are being primed. IMHO

And yes, I was a truther the instant television showed the plane "strike the second tower."

PatriotOne
07-11-2007, 07:28 PM

foofighter20x
07-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Precisely!

Ketih Olberman has done numerous pieces on this on his show.

The pieces demonstrate that whenever bad news for the White House or GOP gets into the news cycle that there is a terror alert within a few days.

There's an old intelligence saying (the intelligence community is where Ian Fleming got the phrase for Goldfinger): once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

This bad-news-cycle-shortly-followed-by-terror-alert "coincidence" has occured more than a dozen times (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/06/04/olbermann-the-nexus-of-politics-and-terror-2/).

Wyurm
07-11-2007, 07:40 PM
this is what the war of terror is about. Scaring us. Problem is it only goes so far, then you have to show an example again. The constant terror warnings with no attack have resulted in the "boy who cried wolf" syndrome. So to back it up, they have to have an actual attack. This is what terror is all about and I am quite worried that they will either use Directive 51, or anything else at their disposal to stop RP from getting elected. The only alternative I can see is giving them something to distract THEM. I'm going to call my rep and senators tomorrow and ask them to please get to work on articles of impeachment for Bush and Cheney (although since he says hes not part of the executive branch now, I see him as having quit his position)

BillyBeer
07-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I have a gut feeling I will have a bowel movement soon :rolleyes:

Zydeco
07-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Yup. It'll be either a terrorist attack here in the States or a Gulf of Tonkin-like staged incident, as RP warned in a House speech you can youtube.

Scary. These people really are amoral.:mad:

1000-points-of-fright
07-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Was watching MSNBC earlier, and not only the 'gut feeling' statement about something happening this summer came up, BUT ALSO they said that Al Quada has now grown back to the level the organization was at in 2001!

Wait a minute, I thought they've been dismissing their opponents accusations that Al Qaeda's ranks have been growing BECAUSE of our War on Terror? Now they're using that same statement to DEFEND our War on Terror?

My brain hurts.

Bossobass
07-11-2007, 08:02 PM
I say we give them Bush and Cheney.

Bosso

jj111
07-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Wire tapping, torture, years of war, suspension of habeas corpus and what do we get?

A gut feeling.

Are you fricking kidding me?

james1906
07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
las vegas was built on gut feelings

timeisnow
07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
with all the sabre rattling going on at the White House regarding Iran, would it surprise anyone that if an attack happens...... who would get the blame? they can't get our support America to attack Iran under present conditions, but what if we get hit again?

it could be the next pearl harbor they need to go after iran. nothing would surprise me with this White House.

mconder
07-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I am quite worried that they will either use Directive 51, or anything else at their disposal to stop RP from getting elected.

You can bet on it. We need to all be aware and ready for whatever may come.

jj111
07-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Stay aware. Educate yourself, your family, your friends....

aravoth
07-11-2007, 10:22 PM
More than one person has said there would be an attack before this summer is over, which would lead us into war with Iran. Which in turn would finish the US off for good. Becuase the chinese inport 60% of thier oil from Iran. Call me Crazy, but I don't think the Chinese will sit idly by while we seize the Irainian ports. They'll drop the economic bomb on us by calling in our debt, this will cause the dollar to crash, which will cause banks to call in thier debts on property owners that got fooled into shitty loans over the last 6 years.

A new great depression will hit us, the banks will own everything, then they will unvail the North American Union and the new currency the "Amero" as our saving grace. Since we can't seem to survive without all of our overly expensive and decadent Bullshit, the people will beg for it.

Sound about right? Hope I'm wrong.

purepaloma
07-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't see any mention of suspending an ELECTION in Directive 51?

Is this just made up ?

duffster
07-11-2007, 10:42 PM
More than one person has said there would be an attack before this summer is over, which would lead us into war with Iran. Which in turn would finish the US off for good. Becuase the chinese inport 60% of thier oil from Iran. Call me Crazy, but I don't think the Chinese will sit idly by while we seize the Irainian ports. They'll drop the economic bomb on us by calling in our debt, this will cause the dollar to crash, which will cause banks to call in thier debts on property owners that got fooled into shitty loans over the last 6 years.

A new great depression will hit us, the banks will own everything, then they will unvail the North American Union and the new currency the "Amero" as our saving grace. Since we can't seem to survive without all of our overly expensive and decadent Bullshit, the people will beg for it.

The good news is that this would likely help our Ron Paul's campaign! :cool:

ThePieSwindler
07-11-2007, 11:02 PM

Is this just made up ?

Yeah i was reading through - its pretty confusing but i don't see anything about suspending elections.

LibertyBelle
07-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I wonder if the intel comes from the same group who fabricated the WMD intel in Iraq that all turned out to be false :rolleyes:

While we are over in Iraq killing massive Iraqi's everyday (that had nothing to do wih 9/11), the very group that "supposedly" flew airplanes into the WTC's are allowed to build up their "terrorist" camps in Afganistan and Pakistan. Can someone explain to me why we are even in Iraq again? Oh yeah...I forgot, they now say that Al-CIA-DA has infiltrated Iraq. Still doesn't explain why we went and bombed the crap out of them in the first place :rolleyes: .

Al-Qaida has rebuilt, U.S. intel warns

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070712/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_terror_threat_15;_ylt=AkejLf.IpTEkzeIKJNEZvx0E1 vAI

You made the above response to my post. As for the intel I agree, that's why I said 'hypothetically'. :D We bombed the crap out of Iraq to spread 'democracy'! How soon you forget the silly notions of the US propaganda machine. :p

purepaloma
07-12-2007, 08:05 AM
bump,

Again, where are you guys getting anything about suspending elections?

angelatc
07-12-2007, 08:25 AM

BUt the thing is, that makes them more likely to hurt somebody. The threats and conspiracy-related arrests aren't garnering much but scoffs these days, so it's time to blow something up.

constituent
07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Aravoth -

It is my opinion that we want to attack Iran as an action for China (paying off some of the debt) not against.

On Directive 51 -

Isn't this the one that says the president is tasked with ensuring constitutional government in times of emergency? Given this administration's hx of taking little sentence fragments and running with them (as you would expect for a "unitary executive"), I wouldn't worry about a suspension of elections but rather an abolition... although I don't think such drastic action will ever be necessary, even if Ron Paul is elected (see term limits, see everyone else).

Is this also the one that essentially deputizes the A.G. the deputy A.G., the assistant A.G., and the deputy-assistant A.G., as executives over provinces to be determined at the appropriate time (as determined by what's her face, that blonde lady that surfaces every once in a while ... it seems like they gave her 90 days from issuance of the directive to submit her report, might be worth looking into)?

SAVEamerica
07-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Michael Chertoff
The Man & His Star-Crossed Past

Very few Americans, not directly affected by this man of many faces have no idea, of who really directs the duties of the 180,000 government employees in DHS: Duties that this man now holds in his stained and conflicted hands. It seems that the variety of controversies which have paralleled Michael Chertoff's meteoric rise in government have been allowed to languish in the shadows for far too long. If the public does not soon become familiar with who their Director of Homeland Security really is-then they may live to regret that oversight. The details of Michael Chertoff's personal history should have disqualified him for high office: but instead his nomination for this job was approved without objection by the Senate.

"The Senate voted 98-0 to approve Chertoff on February 15. Chertoff, 51, took the oath of office that night in "a private ceremony at the White House."

DHS has a $32 billion budget, 180,000 employees, and jurisdiction over immigration, customs and transportation security, the Coast Guard, the Secret Service and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

The question of Chertoff's dual-nationality doesn't seem to have concerned a single U.S. senator.
Many have wondered who let the detained suspected Israeli agents go back to Israel, immediately after 911. Apparently it was Michael Chertoff.

"Chertoff allowed scores of suspected Israeli terrorists and spies to quietly return to Israel . In several cases, Israeli suspects working for phoney moving companies, such as Urban Moving Systems from Weehawken, N.J., were caught driving moving vans which tested positive for explosives. On September 14, Dominic Suter, the owner of the moving company, which was found to be a Mossad front company, fled to Israel after FBI agents requested a second interview.

One group of 5 Israelis was seen on the roof of Urban Moving Systems videotaping and celebrating the destruction of the World Trade Center. These Israeli agents were returned to Israel on visa violations.

These Israeli suspects, and others, who had apparently transported explosives in the New York area, were allowed to return to Israel without being properly interrogated or their presence and activities in the United States having been vigorously investigated." (1)
What is publicly available about Chertoff's life and his various careers is not comforting, if you care about either law or justice-and it's especially troubling if you demand a depth of character from those who occupy the highest offices in this land. Ah but then this is the Cheney-Bush Era of Empire, so that 'quaint idea' is probably now completely without merit.

"Chertoff is credited with authoring the Patriot Act, the 300-plus page blueprint for the modern National Security State; patterned to great extent on the successes of the KGB in the Soviet system. He's admired among his Bush cadres for making sure that government surveillance operates at maximum efficiency. Under his stewardship at the Dept of Justice, the 4th amendment has withered like summer grass. The long-held belief that citizens, have a right to a "reasonable expectation of privacy" has buckled under the demands of "Big Brother" and the new "intrusive" security paradigm."

And: "Chertoff's record of failure at Justice is second only to that of Ashcroft. His 4 year tenure hasn't produced even one identifiable success. (Check out his "obstruction of justice" in the John Walker Lindh case on Democracy Now) Instead, his personal ineptitude and his palpable contempt for the law have only showered more disgrace on the institution of American justice. That probably explains why he's being moved up the bureaucratic dog-pile to the top rung of Homeland Security. In Bush-world "failing upwards" is more commonplace than cowboy boots at a Crawford tent-show." (2)

As someone that controls the largest Federal Agency in the US government; the life and accomplishments of Michael Chertoff ought to be available and easy to locate: but that has not been the case. Instead the important details concerning Michael Chertoff's past have been meticulously scrubbed from the net. The basics are available from Wikipedia but the facts surrounding the depth of his family's involvement in the actual creation of the State of Israel, have disappeared.

"Chertoff is the co-author, along with Viet Dinh, of the USA PATRIOT Act , signed into law October 26, 2001. As head of the Justice Department's criminal division, he advised the Central Intelligence Agency on the outer limits of legality in coercive interrogation sessions." (3)

One of the little known aspects inside all the secrecy surrounding The vile National ID Card, the HOMELAND Security Act, and the shadowy FEMA camps that many believe are about to be used-concerns the other master criminals that Cheney-Bush hired to ensure that Americans will become as completely controlled a population, as were the people of Communist East Germany or the old USSR.

For Instance: "This "card" (the National ID Card) was designed for Homeland Security by the former East German STAZI chief, Marcus Wolfe, a master of manipulation and intimidation and Primakov the former head of the KGB in the USSR. These two former spy chiefs are who really run our SECRET National Interior Spy Service. Bush employed them specifically for what they brought from their communist states - now they decide who lives and who dies in America! These men have not changed, they are who they are, and that's why Bush & the Bandits hired them for HOMELAND Security. If these men appeared for work, in the uniforms of their former States, the public would be outraged, and rightfully so! How is it that the radical right continues to decry Communism, yet they have allowed Bush to employ top communist counter-intelligence officers to oversee every facet of our lives?" (4)

Throughout this long international nightmare there remains the still incomplete tragedy of the insertion of Israel, as a State, into what was once Palestine. This conflicted and war-torn place has been the international flashpoint of privilege over human rights and bondage over freedom for over half a century. Flames and blood from this dispute were ignited by greed and by those dark and destabilizing dreams of Empire that were beginning even before the First World War. Here's something that one woman adds to the on-going dialogue in Palestine-because what she's found is pivotal to the veracity of claims made by the Zionist extremists that control "Israel" today. This is why the dual citizenship of our Homeland Security Czar is incompatible with his position in government today. The USA is large enough to require that all our highest officials be Americans without dual citizenships, or conflicts of national interest, from any other nation. (5)

http://www.rense.com/general77/chert.htm

RohanT
07-12-2007, 08:37 AM

Miss Cleo wants her crystal ball back.

mconder
07-12-2007, 08:55 AM

but there is mention of taking over control of all levels of government...that means elections.

belian78
07-12-2007, 10:51 AM

I'd say this is a very close estimate as to what is in store for us before the year's end. I'm not an alarmist by any stretch of the imagination, however if you just step back and look at everything in the big picture, a very scary picture is there to behold.

keep your powder dry ladies and gents...