PDA

View Full Version : Latest Spin Tactics Against Rp

Quantumystic
07-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Over at Huffington Post in the Comments section of an article about "RuPaul McRompson"...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tim-dickinson/rupaul-mcrompson_b_55793.html

Some ass stated that "it's been proven that Ron Paul's major donors are white supremacist groups". That was basically his entire "comment".

Of course, I replied, pointing out Legal Libel and that he had NO proof. And took a screencapture of the whole thing as proof.

Anyone else run into this particular "racist" attack form on The Doctor?

This just doesn't feel like it was something ONE guy made up out of thin air, spur of the moment. At the least, the "inspiration" for it came from SOMEWHERE.

We need to find out WHO is behind it, and shut them down.

Be polite to the HuffPost people, though. They didn't do it.

FreedomLover
07-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Its just some anonymous trog, let it go. :cool:

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Over at Huffington Post in the Comments section of an article about "RuPaul McRompson"...

Some ass stated that "it's been proven that Ron Paul's major donors are white supremacist groups". That was basically his entire "comment".

Of course, I replied, pointing out Legal Libel and that he had NO proof. And took a screencapture of the whole thing as proof.

This just doesn't feel like it was something ONE guy made up out of thin air, spur of the moment. At the least, the "inspiration" for it came from SOMEWHERE.

I have run into many on message boards who try to link Ron Paul as a racist...

I just refute and move on...

Quantumystic
07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Its just some anonymous trog, let it go. :cool:

I'm not convinced of that.

The Rovian NeoCons have only ONE character attack that people will listen to against the Doctor... rehashing that crap from 1992 about "racism". THAT we've got to nip in the bud. If that gets any traction in the rumor mill, it's gonna be a bitch to squash later.

It would be good to have a video out of Campaign HQ of RP interacting w/ the families he delivered babies for. I'm sure those people must represent a wide diversity.

"The man who delivered our little Suzie... is the man we're proud to vote for as the President who'll make her future Safe. For her, and her children"

FreedomLover
07-11-2007, 04:45 PM

The Rovian NeoCons have only ONE character attack that people will listen to against the Doctor... rehashing that crap from 1992 about "racism". THAT we've got to nip in the bud. If that gets any traction in the rumor mill, it's gonna be a bitch to squash later.

It would be good to have a video out of Campaign HQ of RP interacting w/ the families he delivered babies for. I'm sure those people must represent a wide diversity.

"The man who delivered our little Suzie... is the man we're proud to vote for as the President who'll make her future Safe. For her, and her children"

The only way nip it in the bud is just to get Ron paul to reinterate more specifically that the guy who wrote it was fired, and the quotes about his good relationship with that one woman he was accused of talk bad about, and the one where he criticizes racism as an ugly form of collectivism.

We should be thankful a quasi-racist ghostwriting from 15 years ago is the only dirt anyone could shovel out, it definetly aint enough to bury a standup patriot like RP. :cool:

TexMac
07-11-2007, 04:48 PM

Well, here's the source (http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/06/ron-paul-vs-new-world-order.html) of the "white supremacist groups" thing. BUT, what do you mean by shut them down? Let's think coolly about this. This guy is a major liberal blogger. That post was x-posted on firedoglake. FDL is HUGE.

Sematary
07-11-2007, 05:18 PM
The best way to put this to bed is to simply ignore it. If you lend it credence by replying to it then it will simply get bigger.

FreedomLover
07-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, here's the source (http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/06/ron-paul-vs-new-world-order.html) of the "white supremacist groups" thing. BUT, what do you mean by shut them down? Let's think coolly about this. This guy is a major liberal blogger. That post was x-posted on firedoglake. FDL is HUGE.

They're liberal bloggers, they will say anything to make a conservative look bad, even when they know they're stretching the truth into oblivion.

The connections he tries to spin are weak, and his conclusions are completely based on faulty premises that he does nothing to back up or counter with facts. And yes, I read the whole thing, and theres so much conjecture and mud-slinging, you can barely make out truth from fiction. You can tell he knows how narrow and partisan his 'investigation' is, so he throws everything in there. ( It only talked about indirect support among the 'far-right', not funding, im not sure where that tidbit came from.)

Their mindset:

Distrust of Big Government and Banking Syndicates = jew-hating conspiracy loon

Multiculturalism and affirmative action = the opposite of racism

Federal Government deregulation of education = stupid kids

A more Free Market being seperated from their love-affair with Government = Big Bad CEOS and poor people

The UN can do no wrong.

On and on...

This stuff is really on par with the leap of faith you have to take to believe in 911 being an inside job. They call Ron Paul an extremist, I call them extremists.

FreedomLover
07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
The best way to put this to bed is to simply ignore it. If you lend it credence by replying to it then it will simply get bigger.

Eh, I guess you're right. Its they're job to be partisan hacks. :cool:

kalami
07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
this is good, ron paul is now one of the marquee names

Quantumystic
07-11-2007, 06:02 PM

What I mean is find not ONE, but several avenues for confronting them PUBLICLY about the Truth.

One avenue that comes to mind is the "Real Time w/ Bill Maher" program. It has a tens of millions of "liberals" audience. Arriana Huffington is on it all the time (and he blogs occasionally on HuffPost).

Except, RP is Bill's "New Hero".

Bill is exactly the kinda guy that would go after ANY proven falsehood about RP.

Don't forget about Tucker Calrson, handling things from the Conservative side.

Even Joe Scarborough took a few shots at George Stephanopoulous for the "Never happen" comment.

Lastly, we have Truth on our side. NEVER underestimate that. :D

TexMac
07-11-2007, 06:06 PM
OK, I'm for that kind of approach. I agree that it needs to be confronted head on. It's not going to go away. They're going to keep harping on it , trying to build it into a Swiftboat type kneecapping. That's why Swiftboat worked - Kerry tried to pretend they'd go away.

Quantumystic
07-11-2007, 06:11 PM
OK, I'm for that kind of approach. I agree that it needs to be confronted head on. It's not going to go away. They're going to keep harping on it , trying to build it into a Swiftboat type kneecapping. That's why Swiftboat worked - Kerry tried to pretend they'd go away.

Funny thing... that David Neiwert blogspot site won't come up. I tried several time and different pages.

Hmmm... :rolleyes:

TexMac
07-11-2007, 06:11 PM
They're liberal bloggers, they will say anything to make a conservative look bad, even when they know they're stretching the truth into oblivion.

The connections he tries to spin are weak, and his conclusions are completely based on faulty premises that he does nothing to back up or counter with facts. And yes, I read the whole thing, and theres so much conjecture and mud-slinging, you can barely make out truth from fiction. You can tell he knows how narrow and partisan his 'investigation' is, so he throws everything in there. ( It only talked about indirect support among the 'far-right', not funding, im not sure where that tidbit came from.)

Oh, right, the spooky funding thing got added on here. (http://allspinzone.com/wp/2007/07/10/the-darker-side-of-ron-paul/) I tried to find out what he was on about, but he wouldn't say. I finally gave up.

TexMac
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Funny thing... that David Neiwert blogspot site won't come up. I tried several time and different pages.

Hmmm... :rolleyes:

Really? Try this. I just looked at it.

http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/search?q=ron+paul

Shellshock1918
07-11-2007, 06:15 PM

Huffington is the biggest blow-hard, garbage-level-intelligence liberal in the United States, pay her no mind.

RonPaulGetsIt
07-11-2007, 06:17 PM
They are past the ignoring phase for Ron Paul and on to attacking him. It will backfire just as it has in the past. Most people still don't know who Ron Paul is. If they look him up listen to his interviews or read about his views, they will probably like him.

Brandybuck
07-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Then you must not be that familiar with the Huffington Post. It's unusual there to find someone who is NOT a trog or troll.

jj111
07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
When you get the racism smear, counter not only with some facts, links etc. but also add this:

Government and Racism by Ron Paul

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul381.html

“President of Hip Hop Warms” up to Ron Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKKik8DVOsM&NR=1

Ron Paul writes, “..,the federal government, more than anything, divides us into race and class lines and religion and gender lines…through its taxes, restrictive regulations, corporate subsidies, racial set-asides, and welfare programs.”

Jimmy Styles says: “And I have to agree with Mr. Paul on that also.”

Ron Paul writes: “Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as simply members of groups rather than individuals.”

Jimmy Styles says: “And we all can agree that this government feeds on that, on that energy. And it’s what keeps us apart at this very moment. He also write he has the antidote to racism, he says:”

Ron Paul writes: “The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited Constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence, not skin color, gender, or ethnicity.”

Jimmy Styles says: “And so I’m gonna take back what I said about Ron Paul… Actually, I think he’s a true American and he’s got a heart of gold…. I will say that he [Ron Paul] is not a racist. And I will give honor to all the people who support him, who stood up for Ron Paul. It’s greatly appreciated….”

Defining Obscene
07-12-2007, 02:14 AM
I wonder if they ran a poll on how many supremists support other candidates. Probably not.

But heres the part that hurts. I'll bet that there are supremists that support Ron Paul, and this could be the one positive thing I will ever respect them for in their lifetime. Freedom is not impartial to color.

- D.O.

beermotor
07-12-2007, 04:31 AM

Just link the President of Hip Hop you tube video. Black guy adamantly saying he is not a racist. Problem solved.