PDA

View Full Version : Where is the AP article that says RP is excluded?

leglock
12-28-2007, 11:32 PM
I searched Google for the AP report, but I could not find it.

Is it possible that a mistake was made?

Does anyone have a link to the article?

(I'm not doubting that the New Hampshire State Republican Party has excluded RP or that FOX has)

EDIT: schmeisser posted the AP article. A Mod can close this thead if they wish.

TYVM.

Hopefully ronpaul08.com adds a link to the AP report to their website.

walt
12-28-2007, 11:33 PM
speaking of that, why aren't people attacking the AP (Associated Press) they are 10x more evil than Fox.

leglock
12-28-2007, 11:35 PM
speaking of that, why aren't people attacking the AP (Associated Press) they are 10x more evil than Fox.

www.ronpaul08.com cited "an Associated Press report."

Regardless of how evil they are, a mistake was made if there was no report.

So does anyone have a link?

pacelli
12-28-2007, 11:35 PM
It is not an AP article. It is an announcement from Campaign HQ:

Press Releases › Has Fox News Excluded Ron Paul?

December 28, 2007 10:39 pm EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – According to the New Hampshire State Republican Party and an Associated Press report, Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul will be excluded from an upcoming forum of Republican candidates to be broadcast by Fox News on January 6, 2008.

“Given Ron Paul’s support in New Hampshire and his recent historic fundraising success, it is outrageous that Dr. Paul would be excluded,” said Ron Paul 2008 campaign chairman Kent Snyder. “Dr. Paul has consistently polled higher in New Hampshire than some of the other candidates who have been invited.”

Snyder continued, “Paul supporters should know that we are continuing to make inquiries with Fox News as to why they have apparently excluded Dr. Paul from this event.”

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/94/has-fox-news-excluded-ron-paul

leglock
12-28-2007, 11:37 PM
According to the New Hampshire State Republican Party and an Associated Press report, Republican

I'm not saying he wasn't invited, I'm asking where the Associated Press report is.

I don't see a reason for ronpaul08.com to lie about it, and honest mistakes do happen. But if there is no report, it should be corrected ASAP.

richk
12-28-2007, 11:40 PM
According to the New Hampshire State Republican Party and an Associated Press report, Republican

I'm not saying he wasn't invited, I'm asking where the Associated Press report is.

I don't see a reason for ronpaul08.com to lie about it, and honest mistakes do happen. But if there is no report, it should be corrected ASAP.

People cannot read, they can only get mad and react to rumors that have not been confirmed. Sad. :(

Perry
12-28-2007, 11:42 PM
People cannot read, they can only get mad and react to rumors that have not been confirmed. Sad. :(

Should we wait until two days before the debate(which is in a week!)? I think not.

schmeisser
12-28-2007, 11:42 PM
GOP candidates to meet in N.H. forum

WASHINGTON (AP) — The New Hampshire Republican Party is sponsoring a forum for Republican presidential candidates on Jan. 6, two days before the state's first-in-the-nation primary.

The forum, where the candidates will be questioned by Fox New Channel's Chris Wallace, will be held a day after ABC holds back to back Democratic and Republican presidential debates.

"Never underestimate New Hampshire voters' appetite for politics," said Fergus Cullen, the chairman of the state Republican Party.

Participating in the forum will be Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson.

Unlike a debate, the candidates will face questions from Wallace around a table in a studio on the campus of St. Anselm College in Goffstown, N.H.. The 90-minute encounter will air live beginning at 8 p.m. ET on the Fox News Channel and on Fox News Radio.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iNxTApa2sQRu0Xx99P3jt2bEXw7gD8TQ2N282

leglock
12-28-2007, 11:43 PM
GOP candidates to meet in N.H. forum

WASHINGTON (AP) — The New Hampshire Republican Party is sponsoring a forum for Republican presidential candidates on Jan. 6, two days before the state's first-in-the-nation primary.

The forum, where the candidates will be questioned by Fox New Channel's Chris Wallace, will be held a day after ABC holds back to back Democratic and Republican presidential debates.

"Never underestimate New Hampshire voters' appetite for politics," said Fergus Cullen, the chairman of the state Republican Party.

Participating in the forum will be Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson.

Unlike a debate, the candidates will face questions from Wallace around a table in a studio on the campus of St. Anselm College in Goffstown, N.H.. The 90-minute encounter will air live beginning at 8 p.m. ET on the Fox News Channel and on Fox News Radio.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iNxTApa2sQRu0Xx99P3jt2bEXw7gD8TQ2N282

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I hope ronpaul08.com adds this link to the website.

Bern
12-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Just to be fair, the AP article does not state that Ron Paul has been explicitly excluded. It just failed to mention him at all like so many MSM polls.

RP-Republican
12-28-2007, 11:48 PM
So this is The New Hampshire Republican Party sponsoring this forum for Republican presidential candidates on Jan. 6 does that mean they are the one excluding Paul or is Fox News?

richk
12-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Should we wait until two days before the debate(which is in a week!)? I think not.

No. You should create havoc and ill will towards this campaign by acting like friggin' children. Who needs fact, rumor is enough. Usadaily retracted their article, the press release was based on this article I believe (which no longer exists). :(

So go ahead and ruin 9 months of campaign work by acting irresponsible. :mad:

How in the world do you think Fox could justify keeping Ron from a debate (which by the way I think is a roundtable discussion, not a debate)? That would be the best media coverage we ever had, period. :confused:

But let's not let facts get in the way of our self-indignation of being snubbed by the media. After all, that has never happened.
:eek: