PDA

View Full Version : Issue: National Sovereignty: Why NAFTA is pertinent to immigration debate

winston84
07-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes, Ron Paul is staunchly opposed to illegal immigration, but at the same time he is also for withdrawing from NAFTA. This would allow the people of Mexico the ability to exert more control over their own economy. This is an extremely important point within the immigration debate, and it is something not even the Democrats are willing to admit because they are just as guilty of selling out the Mexican and American working class in favor of cheap labor as much as the neo-cons and Mexican elites are. Don't kid yourself when they speak of being sympathetic to the plight of immigrants when they are not working to end the subversive trade deals that are causing these people to get up and move in the first place!

ChrisM
07-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm glad somebody else is recognizing NAFTA and the economy as sources of illegal immigration.

winston84
07-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I do wish Ron Paul world bring this point up sometime. I know its not necessarily a Republican thing to be thinking about the welfare of foreigners, but leaving NAFTA helps us all.