PDA

View Full Version : E-mail your entire address book!

winston84
07-11-2007, 04:21 PM
I just wrote up a draft that I intend on sending to my entire address book. I know alot of people are probably more apprehensive to e-mailing their friends as opposed to e-mailing strangers in editorial or broadcasting positions. I don't mind if you borrow my letter to use for yourself, also any suggestions are welcome.

winston84
07-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Just revised my letter, shortened it up a bit... bump

Richard in Austin
07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Folks, if you decide to do this please be courteous and email all your recipients separately, or learn to use BCC: so you're not broadcasting their email address to a bunch of people they don't know. Be aware that using BCC: could cause the emails to be caught by spam filters.

It's going to take some effectiveness out of the message if they're annoyed at you for violating their privacy.

I know, I hate it when friends\relatives\acquaintances spam me with unsolicited stuff that reveals my email address to a bunch of strangers.

winston84
07-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Right on, thats a very important point. You gotta use the BCC: if you're mass mailing.

Richard in Austin
07-25-2007, 06:04 AM
Winston, that's a very good letter, BTW.

I've been thinking about emailing everyone I know. You've made it easy for me.

I recommend starting off with a brief personal note for each recipient, especially if it's someone who hasn't heard from you in a while. Let them know how you're doing!

Re-establish the relationship first ('background of relatedness') before moving on to business. Then you'll be speaking into a much more powerful listening. More on this later.

scrosnoe
07-25-2007, 07:02 AM
that was on my list of things to do - so thanks a bunch :)

do you want to do my phone schpeal for calling R state rep offices on behalf of Ron Paul for me too??? - I think they need to be personally invited to help even though most of them won't commit? (and if enough of us call for RP it will make them less likely to publically commit to someone else also!!)

JS4Pat
07-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Rather than e-mailing the entire address book at once - I have been sending 5 personal e-mails everyday for the past three weeks. I use a general template similar to what Winston84 uses but I try to make it even more personal. I address the message to the person and then somehow try to relate the message to them.

For Example...

Bill,

I know you and I haven't always shared the same political philosophy, however I think I have found a candidate and a movement that we can both get behind...

(I printed off a listing of my address book and I just check off people as I contact them.)

P.S.
At the bottom of the e-mail I've been including two links.

#1 "Stop Dreaming" For a quick easy to watch video that will give you the general idea of what Ron Paul is all about - watch this...

#2 "The Google Interview" For a more comprehensive look at where Ron Paul stands on issues, please watch his one hour Q & A at The Google Corporation...