PDA

View Full Version : THINK: Why would Fox really be excluding Paul?

Lucid American
12-28-2007, 10:31 PM
I realize they're against him, but they have to realize at this point that they will have to relent . . . right?

The grassroots has an MSM-wide reputation for calling them on minimizing Dr. Paul.

So, is Fox trying to bait us into looking radical? Or are they just fishing for free controversy? Or what?

mwkaufman
12-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Maybe they want Paul to be President and think if they make it look like they're against him the people will rally around him.

Kidding.

tsetsefly
12-28-2007, 10:33 PM
I think they might see him as a real threat, if this stand they will look like real idiots when Paul beats some so called front runners in IOWA.

xexkxex
12-28-2007, 10:33 PM
...and that is why I am just sitting here waiting for the campaign to do what they need to do.

This is not our battle....yet.

HOLD!!!! ;)

Adamsa
12-28-2007, 10:34 PM
...and that is why I am just sitting here waiting for the campaign to do what they need to do.

HOLD!!!! ;)

The grassroots can go crazy when the campaign of Fox explains and we're not happy.

schmeisser
They want to guage our size and strength by aggravating us. I think we should oblige.

Chester Copperpot
I realize they're against him, but they have to realize at this point that they will have to relent . . . right?

The grassroots has an MSM-wide reputation for calling them on minimizing Dr. Paul.

So, is Fox trying to bait us into looking radical? Or are they just fishing for free controversy? Or what?

IT MEANS WE WIN.. They have gone from the fighting stage to giving up on that and going back to the ignoring stage. It means the fighting didnt work so all they can do is try to ignore us and hope that MOST people will tune into the last debate now because its so close to primary day, and hopefully they wont see Ron Paul on stage and vote for him.. Thats all I can think of.

coffeewithchess
Probably, this would be all over the news with supporters not remaining calm and probably more death threats...WE NEED TO WAIT ON WHAT THE CAMPAIGN FINDS OUT!
The media has already planted in peoples minds that we are "Crazy, EXTREME" types, if we react with threats and yelling and screaming, it will only confirm in the publics mind what they have been told already.

tomcat
I bet you this is Rupert Murdoch's direct handling. He feels threatened

Chester Copperpot
12-28-2007, 10:35 PM

HOLD!!!! ;)

It is no longer possible to hold the line. We cannot restrain anymore from these injustices.

me3
12-28-2007, 10:35 PM
They sure are doing a good job of getting everyone off of talking about delegates and registration deadlines.

If I was going to exploit an emotional movement, I would definitely create false flags for them to rally behind.

Mark Rushmore
12-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Edited because I don't know if the intelligence algorithms can sense dry sarcastic context.

tomveil
12-28-2007, 10:37 PM
IT MEANS WE WIN.. They have gone from the fighting stage to giving up on that and going back to the ignoring stage. It means the fighting didnt work so all they can do is try to ignore us and hope that MOST people will tune into the last debate now because its so close to primary day, and hopefully they wont see Ron Paul on stage and vote for him.. Thats all I can think of.

From my two + two (poker site) post about this:

First they laugh at you

Then they ignore you

Then they fight you

Then they go back to trying to ignore you

Then they'll probably fight you some more

Then they'll try to cheat the elections

Hopefully you'll win?

Trigonx
OUTFOXED: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428&q=outfoxed&total=262&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

PaleoForPaul
1. He's a threat to McCain in NH.
2. They don't like conservatives that don't toe their line.

Micahyah
12-28-2007, 10:38 PM
I think they are just terrified.

Imagine Ron Paul, a 3rd place finisher in Iowa (so they can't deny he has real support and is a frontrunner) in a debate in the live free or die state delivering his message. With equal time, he could blow McCain and Romney and Giuliani and Huck out of the water.

He's taken all of the shots and smears from the mainstream media. They don't have anything left to throw at him.

Mark Rushmore
12-28-2007, 10:38 PM
1. He's a threat to McCain in NH.
2. They don't like conservatives that don't toe their line.

They know he's going to run strong in Iowa and want to make sure to pimp McCain into an indy-vote-snatching position to stop Paul from really picking up momentum? Sounds like a reasonable take.

Tedhunter
12-28-2007, 10:42 PM
They certainly could be trying to incite violence right before the NH primaries. They know how impassioned we are, and how blatantly treasonous it is to exclude RP from the debate.

xexkxex
12-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Please listen to the campaign:

They did address the supporters in the release, Snyder continued, “Paul supporters should know that we are continuing to make inquiries with Fox News as to why they have apparently excluded Dr. Paul from this event.”

Let them work... ;)

PimpBlimp
12-28-2007, 10:44 PM
CNN should be all over this. This is bad journalism and not "fair and balanced'

richk
12-28-2007, 10:46 PM
People here don't want to think; they want to find an excuse to act irresponsible in some fashion because they are displeased with the MSM, polls , etc. :(

This press release is their excuse. :confused:

richk
12-28-2007, 10:47 PM

All over what? Read that press release slowly and carefully and tell me what they should be "all over"?

Eponym_mi
12-28-2007, 10:48 PM
They know he's going to run strong in Iowa and want to make sure to pimp McCain into an indy-vote-snatching position to stop Paul from really picking up momentum?

I've been saying Michigan is going to be make or break for the campaign. Given this turn of events, I'm convinced even more.

RPinSEAZ
12-28-2007, 10:49 PM
They have to know that we wouldn't let this stand.

robert4rp08
12-28-2007, 10:50 PM
They're trying to revitalize the neocons by censoring the man of peace.

ladyliberty
12-28-2007, 10:50 PM
I bet you this is Rupert Murdoch's direct handling. He feels threatened

My thoughts exactly - this is Rupert Murdochs doing! He supports Rudy Guilinai and Rudy's wife works for Fox.

I found this too...

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/index.php?p=341

PimpBlimp
12-28-2007, 10:55 PM
All over what? Read that press release slowly and carefully and tell me what they should be "all over"?

The fact that a candidate with a real chance at winning is being censored?

heiwa
12-28-2007, 11:02 PM
I think they are just terrified.

Imagine Ron Paul, a 3rd place finisher in Iowa (so they can't deny he has real support and is a frontrunner) in a debate in the live free or die state delivering his message. With equal time, he could blow McCain and Romney and Giuliani and Huck out of the water.

He's taken all of the shots and smears from the mainstream media. They don't have anything left to throw at him.

They only have one thing left.

Us.

richk
12-28-2007, 11:05 PM
The fact that a candidate with a real chance at winning is being censored?

You know for a fact that he is being excluded?

Energy
12-28-2007, 11:08 PM
This could be a ruse to massively distract us from some underhanded
tactics. Breathe deeply, keep your eyes and ears opened.

PimpBlimp
12-28-2007, 11:08 PM
You know for a fact that he is being excluded?

No

robert4rp08
12-28-2007, 11:09 PM

Perhaps we should let our pal Jack Cafferty know about this :D

Proemio
12-28-2007, 11:10 PM

Nah, I think they are somewhere between the "Headless Chicken Stage" and the "Nervous Breakdown Stage" - I'm serious.

A funereal Flower-Bomb with "MSM - RIP" would probably push them over the edge, but would look like gloating.
Gloating is dumb. Better wait those few more days until after the votes are counted - it will look more appropriate...

richk
12-28-2007, 11:12 PM
No

So why would someone want to run a story without the facts???:confused:

Ronin
12-28-2007, 11:14 PM
This is a SETUP. Not a doubt in my mind. They are going to use it against us. Then the grassroots will start to blame others and implode from within. THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT. We should UNITE and leave it to the campaign for now!!

Delain
12-28-2007, 11:18 PM

Thats my take on it as well. Its because they dont have any of their usual means left. They keep failing. So they resort to more crude methods and see if they can get away with it.

FreedomLover
12-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Many supporters of Dr. Paul's have asked whether he has been excluded from the candidates forum to be broadcast by Fox News on January 6, 2008 in New Hampshire. We're working to learn the answer.

Calm down people.

ecliptic
12-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Let's breath deeply and reflect...

Nothing gives a person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.
- Thomas Jefferson (http://www.quotationsbook.com/quote/8349/)

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
- Sun Tzu (http://www.quotationsbook.com/quote/41102/)

Hence that general is skilful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.
- Sun Tzu (http://www.quotationsbook.com/quote/41101/)

ladyliberty
12-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Rupert and Rudy are politically "in bed together" - politics do make strange bedfellows, dont it?

LibertyEagle
12-28-2007, 11:37 PM
..Hence that general is skilful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.
- Sun Tzu

Suggestions?

Carole
12-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Excellent Point!!

DeafPalmdale
12-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Do you think that Fox News is pissed off after they interviewed with Ron Paul's replied about "fascism" and owned Neil Cavuto?

Dave Pedersen
12-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Chill out. The campaign has a plan for this kind of media treatment and from what has already been indicated it will be quite remarkable. No need to blow a blood vessel over this. Simply recognize that the msm is the enemy and know the people of the United States are not so stupid as we sometimes like to believe. Do you really think all your communications will make any difference? None whatsoever. We have absolutely no influence on what the msm decides to do by way of complaint or expressions of outrage. We are insects to those who run the show. Don't be so naive. They respect only power. Chill.

Fox knows after the Iowa caucus they will no longer be able to ignore Ron Paul. They know the numbers and they know the strength of Ron Paul's candidacy just as well as we do. Let them further their own demise by such blatant actions. The people will only see more clearly as a result that the msm is not the friend of the United States but is rather the mouthpiece of tyrants.

Carole
12-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Okay, they definitely want to stifle Dr. Paul and push McCain.

McCain does not like Paul either.

Fox does not like Paul.

If the HQ does not get this worked out, we need to have boots on the ground with a quiet protest visible to the people of New Hampshire.

NH voters should feel some outrage over this unbalanced tactic by FOX.

Surely they know of Dr. Paul

If I were a voter and this happened, I would wonder why this candidate were being mistreated by the media.

Carole
12-28-2007, 11:53 PM
A protest should be quite visible where the forum is to take place.

AgentOrange
12-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Gee think, what do some people do when they are faced with a horrendous problem, a problem that they can do absolutely nothing about? Denial...they deny the problem. That is what Fox is doing, denying that Ron Paul exists because they can't bear to face the fact that Ron Paul is doing well.

People need to keep calm about this. It does NO good to be calling for loud protests. Undecided voters will NOT be attracted by rudeness and crudeness. Undecided voters will be attracted by respectful counter debates or speeches.

sgrooms
12-29-2007, 12:15 PM
The campaign has a plan for this kind of media treatment and from what has already been indicated it will be quite remarkable.

Please share...

jumpyg1258
12-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Why the media hates Ron Paul so much is that it is all about MONEY. Think about it, most of the media gets their attention when bad things happen that can make news. If they have a president thats a perfect gentleman, they will have nothing to report on. Furthermore since Ron does not give in to corporate greed and lobbyists, they can not pass legislation that they desire while he is in office.

davidhperry
12-29-2007, 12:18 PM
This could be a ruse to massively distract us from some underhanded
tactics. Breathe deeply, keep your eyes and ears opened.

My thinking as well. We need to reman rational.

davidhperry
12-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Gee think, what do some people do when they are faced with a horrendous problem, a problem that they can do absolutely nothing about? Denial...they deny the problem. That is what Fox is doing, denying that Ron Paul exists because they can't bear to face the fact that Ron Paul is doing well.

People need to keep calm about this. It does NO good to be calling for loud protests. Undecided voters will NOT be attracted by rudeness and crudeness. Undecided voters will be attracted by respectful counter debates or speeches.

QFT.