PDA

View Full Version : Does the internet community reflect "mainstream" America?

IHaveaDream
12-28-2007, 09:54 PM
We all know that Ron Paul wins just about every battle on the internet. But do we reflect "average" voters? Do you think people who seldom or never go online support Ron Paul as much as net users?

wgadget
12-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Isn't it, like, 80% of Americans use the internet?

Jeremy
12-28-2007, 09:55 PM
We don't necessarily represent mainstream America, but we are the most informed voters. So we make the best decision. :)

Jeremy
12-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Isn't it, like, 80% of Americans use the internet?

Using the internet is different than USING the internet if you know what I mean... well going on your email once a week is different than participating in online communities for hours a day.

Paulitician
12-28-2007, 09:57 PM
No. Internet does not reflect mainstream America. Also, just because most people do have and use the Internet, that doesn't mean they get their news from the Internet or from alternative sources. As you've seen, atheists, libertarians and other non-mainstream groups are more outspoken on the intertubes than offline.

yongrel
12-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I hope not.

Otherwise, there are a lot more Truthers out there. A Lot. *shudders*

FreedomLover
12-28-2007, 10:10 PM
No, it doesn't. But it does reflect the middle-class 12-30 demographic quite well.

I hope not.

Otherwise, there are a lot more Truthers out there. A Lot. *shudders*

:eek:

hard@work
12-28-2007, 10:12 PM
We all know that Ron Paul wins just about every battle on the internet. But do we reflect "average" voters? Do you think people who seldom or never go online support Ron Paul as much as net users?

Who does? FOXABCBSNBCNNEWS?!? Those out of touch with mainstreet elites who wouldn't know what life is really like for Americans eeking by on check to check or debt expansion?

We are America, all of it. Every single nook and cranny of the US is represented by this movement.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-28-2007, 10:13 PM
It probably doesn't right now, but it will soon. In another 5-10 years most people will need to be online. It's what happens in the time leading up to that in regards to laws and restrictions that will decide if what we get online is as filtered and controlled as television.