PDA

View Full Version : Huck as Ron's VP?

Matt Collins
12-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Before I get flamed for thinking this, I loathe Huckabee and think he is dishonest and unworthy to be President for a number of reasons.

However ponder the strategic advantage of Ron and Huck teaming up before the primaries!

- Both have fairly large grassroots compared to the others.

- Both are seen as the "underdog" and/or the "People's" candidate

- Neither are Rockefeller Republicans like Mitt, Rudy, etc.

If Ron and Huck were to team up, I don't think they could lose nomination.

However if Huckabee wins the nomination there is no way he can win the general election.

I am open to serious thoughts about this (no flamers) purely based upon a politically strategic hypothetical scenario.

Also - I am not advocating this, I am merely kicking the idea around to see what your thoughts are.

Micahyah
12-28-2007, 09:23 PM
they are the two with the most grassroots enthusiasm, but neither one would choose to pair up with the other.

bbachtung
12-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Huckabee is NOT a Republican.

PatriotOne
12-28-2007, 09:28 PM
I can't even begin to ponder that. Luckily for me I don't have to because I am 100% sure RP will not have anything to do with the likes of him.

JWallace
nope not going to happen

RM918
I think we'd have better luck with Ron picking Chuck Norris or Ted Nugent as his VP.

integrity
12-28-2007, 09:29 PM
I can't handle the thought of vice president huck. YUCK PUKE

then theres the fact he would knock off poor Ron to be pres. like them pheasants

we also need somone that the establishment doesn't want as a replacement for RP

Eponym_mi
12-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Gag!

acroso
12-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Huck is the only other Republican who seems to want out of Iraq.

If he was going to pick one of the others, it would almost have to be huck.

specsaregood
12-28-2007, 09:36 PM
LOL, Ron Paul is a man of principle. A guy that refuses his legal congressional pension on the basis of it being wrong, is not gonna pick a crook like Huckabee. Seriously, have you read about the stuff he pulled while governor to get gifts from people. I think Ron Paul would puke at the thought of running with him.

njandrewg
12-28-2007, 09:36 PM

Nope, Huck's grass roots is a joke, the only reason people take note of it, is because other candidates have none

Um no...Ron Paul is the underdog, Huckabee is a creation of the media

Yes, Ron Paul is a conservative, and Huckabee is a liberal.

Seriously I now loathe Huckabee more than Rudy. If he gets nomination...even with Ron Paul on the ticket, I'll vote Democrat just to make sure he is as far away from the White house as possible

specsaregood
12-28-2007, 09:40 PM

Huck doesn't want out of Iraq. And you must mean Republican presidential candidates. Ron Paul won't pick any of them.

There are other Republicans against the Iraq war.
Ex: Walter Jones.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_B._Jones

"He contends that the United States went to war "with no justification."[11][12] On the subject, he said, "I just feel that the reason of going in for weapons of mass destruction, the ability of the Iraqis to make a nuclear weapon, that's all been proven that it was never there." He added that his change of opinion came about from attending the funeral of a sergeant killed in Iraq, when his last letter to his family was being read out. On June 16, 2005, he joined with three other members of Congress (Neil Abercrombie, Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul) in introducing a resolution calling for the start of a withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq to begin by October 2006.[13]"

"Jones endorsed Ron Paul in the 2008 race for president of the United States.[8]"

Just for example.

thisisgiparti
12-28-2007, 09:45 PM

... but what about HONOR?!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):)

Cinci4RP
12-28-2007, 09:46 PM
I am not advocating this, I am merely kicking the idea around to see what your thoughts are.

I kicked Obama around as VP too. :eek:

There is really no chance of any current candidates being his VP. When our Doc shows very strong after 2-5 he will likely be offered a VP. ;)

I am hoping for the Gov. from AK :)

nimo
12-28-2007, 09:46 PM
No chance in hay!

pickfair
12-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Absolutely not. I don't care if this ticket can win or not. As an RP supporter I can't even begin to think of a person like Huckabee being in any way involved in the campaign.

Ron Galt
12-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Hell no.

amistybleu
12-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Huckabee could be Ron Paul's yes man because that is what people become when they have no genuine conviction.

Chester Copperpot
12-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Before I get flamed for thinking this, I loathe Huckabee and think he is dishonest and unworthy to be President for a number of reasons.

However ponder the strategic advantage of Ron and Huck teaming up before the primaries!

However if Huckabee wins the nomination there is no way he can win the general election.

I am open to serious thoughts about this (no flamers) purely based upon a politically strategic hypothetical scenario.

Also - I am not advocating this, I am merely kicking the idea around to see what your thoughts are.

ANYBODY IN THE CFR IS NO FRIEND OF MINE, RON PAUL, OR AMERICA.

FUCK HUCK

Tidewise
12-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Your disclaimers said it all ... Ron Paul and the Huckster mix like gold and lead.

ladyliberty3
12-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Has anyone mentioned the fact that Huck would be pres. if anything happened to Ron Paul? God forbid, we'd have another term like we've had with Bush! The VP needs to be someone who values the constitution like RP does, and has some priciples and integrity.

Gordon
12-28-2007, 10:27 PM

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/700991/2/istockphoto_700991_you_suck.jpg

american.swan
12-28-2007, 10:38 PM
that's like bush as reagans vp. oh wait that happened. lets not repeat history.

crashm1
12-28-2007, 11:19 PM
No thank you. I would like another little l libertarian not a status quo political slut. I didn't much like Reagan but I actively disliked Bush the elder.

The Good Doctor
12-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cindy25
12-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Goldwater tried that, when he picked Miller. Disaster.

But Huck, Romney, McCain, Thompson can be a part of a Paul administration (as should Gravel and Kucinich) in some other capacity.

Lois
12-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Go wash your mouth out with soap :eek::eek::eek:

FreeTraveler
12-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Huckabee is NOT a Republican.

+1000

Shame on you, Matt, for even proposing this.

Matt Collins
12-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Shame on you, Matt, for even proposing this. Hey - it never hurts to contemplate ALL potential scenarios.

Are we in it to make a statement or to win? And if so, at what cost? How far will we be willing to compromise, if at all, in order to achieve victory? It's just what I'm asking.

Ron Galt
12-29-2007, 09:26 AM
I had been thinking that Judge Andrew P. Napolitano would be a good pick but...
his affiliation with Fox News might make him suspect.

werdd
12-29-2007, 09:41 AM

What, huckabee wants to stay in iraq for "Honor" Fuck huckabee.

John of Des Moines
12-29-2007, 09:46 AM
But Huck, Romney, McCain, Thompson can be a part of a Paul administration (as should Gravel and Kucinich) in some other capacity.

I agree! Make Huck the Congressional Chaplin; give Mitt the mission with NASA to privatize it; put McCain in charge of the VA; Fred goes back into private business and opens an acting school and Gravel is his first student, and put Kucinich in charge of Area 51.

thuja
12-29-2007, 09:47 AM
nope not going to happen

oh good, i hope not!

NorwegianLibertarian
12-29-2007, 09:57 AM
No CFR-related person as running mate. Ever.

Paulbot_9876
12-29-2007, 10:07 AM

why would he choose someone he wouldn't support his self?????
huck would have him whacked or one of hucks supporters would just so he could be president... i believe this....his supporters are delussional man and as demented as huck.....

JenHarris
12-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Huckabee is: a big tax man, a big government man, a social program man, a pardoner of violent criminals, and he his only REAL platform is "I'm a Christian vote for me!"

And that's just his political policies...

On the personal side, he's a liar and a thief, he's corrupt, he's untrustworthy, and he's taking advantage of Christians across the country because he has convinced them that he is a man of god (not all of them I know) And he's in the CFR.

Anyway, there is NO way Ron Paul would run with him, and if he did I would have to seriously question Ron's judgment.

Paulbot_9876
12-29-2007, 10:19 AM
is today drop some acid day????? there is someone else on this forum that wanted to call bomb and email bomb the rp hq because he thinks they dropped the ball and need punished...

Bradley in DC
12-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Huckabee is: a big tax man

That was certainly true of his days as governor during which time he never took a no new taxes pledge. Now, as a presidential candidate, he has taken Grover Norquist's ATR's no tax pledge.

JenHarris
12-29-2007, 10:22 AM
That was certainly true of his days as governor during which time he never took a no new taxes pledge. Now, as a presidential candidate, he has taken Grover Norquist's ATR's no tax pledge.

Yeah but I don't trust him to stick to that pledge because of the lies and corruption issue :)

Alex Libman
12-29-2007, 10:23 AM
This is the #1 worst idea I've ever heard! Awful! Shallow! Morally repugnant!

Mathew Collins, you are hereby expelled from the Ron Paul movement! :eek:

constituent
12-29-2007, 10:45 AM
huck would drag down the ticket and put the general election back into question.

Matt Collins
12-29-2007, 01:50 PM
This is the #1 worst idea I've ever heard! Awful! Shallow! Morally repugnant!

Mathew Collins, you are hereby expelled from the Ron Paul movement!

I was not suggesting or even advocating this course of action. I was simply throwing it out there for discussion as a potential hypothetical political scenario, and you now want to censor me?

Real open minded there :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
12-29-2007, 01:51 PM

Have you seen this video of Judge Nap?
http://reason.tv/video/show/178.html

If not you should.

And also, search You Tube for the video where the Judge endorses Ron Paul.

AgentOrange
12-29-2007, 04:22 PM
As much as I think Ron Paul is the greatest politician in our lifetime....I would have 2nd thoughts about voting for him if he picked someone as corrupt as Huckabee to be his vice-president (only one heartbeat away from the presidency!!!)

Fortunately, I am confident that Ron Paul would NEVER consider someone so repugnant as Huckabee.

Jeremiah
12-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Remember the VP is one heartbeat away from the Presidency. Choose a VP as carefully as you would a President. MH is a big government globalist. So is every other candidate in both parties. None of them is suitable. RP himself has talked about Walter Williams the economist as a possible selection. He may not know that Williams is a member of the Bohemian Club, very similar to the CFR and Bilderberg Group in its membership. Again, a big government globalist. Finding a limited government Constitutionalist like RP is going to be a challenge. Maybe Judge Roy Moore, but I don't know his position on the War on Terror and Iraq. I do know he says he is a Constitutionalist.

LibertiORDeth
12-29-2007, 04:32 PM

IF he picks one of the candidates.

priest_of_syrinx
12-29-2007, 04:48 PM
I think I've found who should be Ron's running mate:

Kent McManigal. (http://www.kentforliberty.com/)

EDIT: I have to include this little gem from Kent's page:

If you would like to help me keep spreading my message, please donate some money to me through Paypal using my dullhawk@hotmail.com email address. This will not be used for anything political, but only for personal purposes.

nate895
12-29-2007, 04:59 PM

They haven't had him on much since he promoted Ron Paul on the "Big Story."

phoenixrising
12-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Has anyone mentioned the fact that Huck would be pres. if anything happened to Ron Paul? God forbid, we'd have another term like we've had with Bush! The VP needs to be someone who values the constitution like RP does, and has some priciples and integrity.
Now THAT is a verrrrrrrrrrrrry scary thought............anyone still contemplating...look at this:

HUCK THE SCHMUCK

by Alan Stang
December 27, 2007
NewsWithViews.com

I had thought that by now we knew everything about Mike Huckabee: the love of more and higher taxes, the betrayal of home schooling, the parole of the man who then raped and killed another woman, the attempt to bring as many illegal aliens to Arkansas as possible, et cetera and so on. Of course, I was horribly wrong.

check out the FULL article!

http://www.newswithviews.com/Stang/alan22.htm

Matt Collins
12-31-2007, 09:01 AM
They haven't had him on much since he promoted Ron Paul on the "Big Story."

Fox hasn't had the Judge on much lately.... oh wait... I've just been watching FOX less :p

thuja
12-31-2007, 09:04 AM
that sort of evil in gvt. is what we are tying to avoid.

werdd
12-31-2007, 09:38 AM
no

Thomas Paine
12-31-2007, 12:12 PM
If Barack Hussein Obama wins the Democratic nomination, then Ron Paul should select General Colin Powell as his VP running mate. If John "Sissy Boy" Edwards wins the Democratic nomination, then Ron Paul should select Governor Mark Sanford as his VP running mate. If Hillary "Travelgate" Clinton wins the Democratic nomination, then Ron Paul should select Senator Chuck Hagel as his VP running mate.

Matt Collins
01-02-2008, 09:58 AM
If Obama wins the Dems, then they will not win against the GOP I don't think. The country will NOT vote for a black guy with the name Hussein and who tinkers with Islam. Ain't happening (for the near future anyway).

moostraks
01-02-2008, 11:01 AM
NO WAY!!! Okay that said I could not vote for any ticket that has that snake oil salesman as a participant....

DrRich
01-02-2008, 11:08 AM
hell no.

Tugboat1988
01-02-2008, 11:11 AM
No, not the Huckster. He might be a good guy but.....

A better choice would be Judge Andrew Napolitano

Tugboat

pinkmandy
01-02-2008, 11:48 AM
My first post on the forum- hi guys!

Huck? Not like we have to worry about that, there is NO WAY the Dr. would do such a thing. That would mean compromising his principles and he doesn't do that. If he did, the rEVOLution based on those principles would be gone. Again, not to worry, RP would probably rather endorse fiat money than entangle himself with someone like the Huck.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-02-2008, 12:00 PM
never.

mosquitobite
01-02-2008, 12:07 PM
As much as I think Ron Paul is the greatest politician in our lifetime....I would have 2nd thoughts about voting for him if he picked someone as corrupt as Huckabee to be his vice-president (only one heartbeat away from the presidency!!!)

Fortunately, I am confident that Ron Paul would NEVER consider someone so repugnant as Huckabee.

Amen.

Dr Paul's message is what will win him the WH, not pandering to clueless evangelicals who are too lazy/apathetic to look into the real Huckabee record.

VoluntaryMan
01-02-2008, 12:30 PM
1st of all, Huck has already committed to being Rudy's VP. Admittedly, Hack has started to entertain aspirations for the top spot on the ticket, but those two clearly have a mutual non-aggression pact.

2nd, Paul's acceptance of Hack as a VP would be a transparent act of political pragmatism, just like Reagan's acceptance of the elder Bush -- and look where that got Reagan: shot and hamstrung as President.

3rd, Paul's grassroots enthusiasm would start to dissolve, if such a thing were to occur, and his general election odds would drop dramatically.

Let's not repeat Reagan's mistakes. Sure, Reagan won the general election, but not without an "independent" challenge from within his own party, and his presidency was severely damaged by his VP choice.

jumpyg1258
01-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Huck as Ron's VP has to be the dumbest idea I have ever heard on these boards and I have seen quite a few bad ideas on here. I personally hope Ron picks someone unknown who has an honest record with a lot of integrity just like Ron.

piotr1
01-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Can we run with huck as vp and then once we win the general election impeach huck and put in Napolitano? heheh 8)

Ron Paul in 2008
01-02-2008, 03:10 PM
And we should allow an open borders, big government lying neocon on our ticket to win? No way. Plus where did you hear Huckabee has a grassroots following? No offense but you are delusional. If Paul ever accepted Huckabee as his running mate I will not vote for him.

Plus Huckabee's base will vote for whoever the Republican Party nominatees and the democrats will be more energized to fight Huckabee. Do we want Huckabee to represent a Paul administration?