PDA

View Full Version : Business Cards on OpenOffice.org

Wyoming
07-11-2007, 03:38 PM
For folks who don't need a 500 card print run...

I just used OpenOffice.org to create business cards for the campaign. It's easy and you can't argue with the price. "File->New->Business Cards", and go from there. Set for letter paper (not A4), and for Avery 5371 business card stock, 2" x 3.5". Enter your text. I can also send copies to folks who ask (I don't see any way to add an attachment here).

N.B.: you may have to play with the margins (edit the page style) to get these to register on the card when you print. Also, use a good printer! if the card stock slips, the text will be off register and look ugly.

Anyone have an FTP or HTTP server I can put the document on?

CAKochenash
07-13-2007, 04:05 PM
For folks who don't need a 500 card print run...

I just used OpenOffice.org to create business cards for the campaign. It's easy and you can't argue with the price. "File->New->Business Cards", and go from there. Set for letter paper (not A4), and for Avery 5371 business card stock, 2" x 3.5". Enter your text. I can also send copies to folks who ask (I don't see any way to add an attachment here).

N.B.: you may have to play with the margins (edit the page style) to get these to register on the card when you print. Also, use a good printer! if the card stock slips, the text will be off register and look ugly.

Anyone have an FTP or HTTP server I can put the document on?

open office....whoop whoop...

rpf2008
07-15-2007, 04:42 AM
open office....whoop whoop...

I second that motion.

End the MicroCrap monopoly!

Long time linux & open source software supporter

PWill
07-16-2007, 02:22 AM
End the MicroCrap monopoly!

My Free Market sense is tingling! :-P
I use Linux and all free software, too, but if MS wants to sell it, and people buy it, that's up to them. It's up to us to show them the goodness of FOSS, not antitrust laws.
Of course, that's what your point could have been the whole time, and this could be a pointless rant, but who knows?

lucius
07-16-2007, 03:11 AM
Agreed and Welcome!