PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs to debunk the Fair Tax...pronto!

wgadget
12-28-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm thinking that the Fair Tax is a source of a lot of the Huckster's support. I fear it's not all it's cracked up to be. I actually met a man on the street who argued with me that Huck's Fair Tax was better than Ron's no tax...he seemed to think that because it was a sales tax it was superior. What a doof...He would still have to pay the stinking 23% (to start)....

Ron LOL
12-28-2007, 08:58 PM
My understanding is that the "Fair Tax" is really popular in the south.

RP-Republican
12-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Ron Paul said he supports the FairTax and would vote for it if it came up. He would rather have no tax if it was up to him though.

Richandler
12-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Fair Tax is really popular with the rich. Nothing like paying less taxes while the poor have to fit even more of the bill than they normally do.

Paulitician
12-28-2007, 09:02 PM
A Ron Paul supporter's opinion on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l81dGXjgw2Q

I hold the same feelings about it.

PimpBlimp
12-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Fair Tax would destroy the economy. I can't imagine paying 40% sales tax on something. (I have 10% sales tax in my state)

Paulitician
12-28-2007, 09:08 PM
The only advantage to the FairTax is, like what Ron Paul says, that it will create a tax rebellion and the people would demand that the government stop spending. It is a very ugly advantage though. The economy and government could collapse for one thing...

wgadget
12-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I rarely hear Fair Taxers every talking about cutting spending.

And someone was questioning how the Huckster planned on dismantling the IRS when he said he "couldn't" realistically dismantle the Dept. of Education. He was probably just pandering to the NEA.

Adamsa
12-28-2007, 09:15 PM
The only advantage to the FairTax is, like what Ron Paul says, that it will create a tax rebellion and the people would demand that the government stop spending. It is a very ugly advantage though. The economy and government could collapse for one thing...

I don't think it'd collapse, people would tell the government to stay away from their money though.

Richandler
12-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I rarely hear Fair Taxers every talking about cutting spending.

And someone was questioning how the Huckster planned on dismantling the IRS when he said he "couldn't" realistically dismantle the Dept. of Education. He was probably just pandering to the NEA.

Haha, you don't hear anyone talk about that anymore. Every interview they ask him how he's gonna pay for this and what he's going to do to get the tax money from somewhere else. For some reason cutting spending doesn't satisfy as an answer like it used too.

wgadget
12-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Cutting spending isn't in Huckster's vocabulary, is it?

Bradley in DC
12-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Dr. Paul is on record, both in the 1988 race and today, as favoring a Fair Tax over the status quo. Look at it as an opportunity for us to woo Huckabee supporters. ;)

wgadget
12-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Okay, perhaps. But he's not making hay out of the issue like Huckster is. I truly think that's where he's getting a lot of his support.

And yes, since John Linder is a GA congressman, and Neal Boortz is down here in ATL, it's pretty popular in the South.