PDA

View Full Version : How are our chances in New Hampshire

PimpBlimp
12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
I keep hearing about Iowa and how we might place third or better. But how are we doing in New Hampshire? Any predictions yet besides the official polls?

ItsTime
12-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Operation Live Free or Die needs to tone it down. That is all I have to say.

But to answer your question Second or First. One group gave out something like 200 signs the other day to people who wanted to put them in their lawns.

Paulitician
12-28-2007, 08:34 PM
If Buchanon got first place, there is no reason why we can't either. The media would have us believe, and I don't think they're all too wrong here, that Romney and McCain are his biggest competitors.

ronpaulfollower999
12-28-2007, 08:39 PM
If we get 3rd or better in, look for a win in New Hampshire. New Hampshire is very friendly territory.

wgadget
12-28-2007, 08:40 PM

But to answer your question Second or First. One group gave out something like 200 signs the other day to people who wanted to put them in their lawns.

HUH?

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-28-2007, 08:41 PM
The only problem is Buchanan back in the 90's and McCain in 2000 pretty much had all the indie votes to themselves. This year, we're competing for two extremely indie-popular candidates (Obama and McCain) for the indie votes, so I don't have very high hopes for NH. I'm hoping we can have some sort of nationwide great awakening that allows us to sweep the Tsunami Tuesday 2/5 states. And yes, I'm serious.

rfbz
12-28-2007, 08:42 PM
what do you mean Operation Live Free or Die needs to tone it down. what happened?

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-28-2007, 08:43 PM

Explain.

Micahyah
12-28-2007, 08:44 PM
The only problem is Buchanan back in the 90's and McCain in 2000 pretty much had all the indie votes to themselves. This year, we're competing for two extremely indie-popular candidates (Obama and McCain) for the indie votes, so I don't have very high hopes for NH. I'm hoping we can have some sort of nationwide great awakening that allows us to sweep the Tsunami Tuesday 2/5 states. And yes, I'm serious.

Well, hoepfully Iowa will effect Obama and McCain negatively. Like if we finish ahead of McCain in Iowa, that might knock him down. And if Obama finishes behind Edwards in Iowa, that might knock him down as well.

ItsTime
12-28-2007, 08:45 PM
I didnt make any sense sorry. What I meant was: If we canvass to hard that draws out voters for other candidates, that is what happened to Dean in Iowa.

what do you mean Operation Live Free or Die needs to tone it down. what happened?

jake
12-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I didnt make any sense sorry. What I meant was: If we canvass to hard that draws out voters for other candidates, that is what happened to Dean in Iowa.

do you have first hand experience that this is/could be happening right now in NH?

Zydeco
12-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Vijay didn't impress me with his hit-and-run moneybomb post here. Was wondering if he might be Deaning us in NH.

ItsTime
12-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I have heard from people I trust.

Do not get me wrong. OLFD has/is done a lot, just tread lightly is all!

do you have first hand experience that this is/could be happening right now in NH?

Constitutionally Speaking
12-28-2007, 08:50 PM
New Hampshire should be ripe for a good showing by Dr. Paul.

literatim
12-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Don't listen to ItsTime, he knows absolutely nothing about New Hampshire.

ItsTime
12-28-2007, 08:53 PM
I dont? If you dont see that aggressive canvasing in the last week can do us a lot of harm you know little about politics in general.

Paulitician
12-28-2007, 08:54 PM
That's a good point, and could backfire on us twofold [1) we give the illusion that RP has huge support when he may not necessarily and 2) that encourages supporters of candidates to turn out to make sure RP doesn't beat them]. However, there are also a lot of people out there who don't believe that the movement is really that strong, so they might not be as worried/encouraged.

Who knows. I wonder how the whole psychological thing will work out.

ItsTime
12-28-2007, 08:56 PM
It is very very tricky right now.

That's a good point, and could backfire on us twofold [1) we give the illusion that RP has huge support when he may not necessarily and 2) that encourages supporters of candidates to turn out to make sure RP doesn't beat them]. However, there are also a lot of people out there who don't believe that the movement is really that strong, so they might not be as worried/encouraged.

Who knows. I wonder how the whole psychological thing will work out.

Ron LOL
12-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I have heard from people I trust.

Do not get me wrong. OLFD has/is done a lot, just tread lightly is all!

IMO we ignore this advice at our peril.

walt
12-28-2007, 09:02 PM

That is the funniest thing I've ever read on this board. thanks for the good laugh.

QuesoPantera
12-28-2007, 09:33 PM
IMO we ignore this advice at our peril.

Any advice is welcome. Take it constructively.

DRV45N05
12-28-2007, 10:14 PM

McCain lost the indie voters with his war hawking.

Paul and Obama will split the indie vote. And in that order, I predict.

Jeremy
12-28-2007, 10:19 PM
We should do better in NH than IA

Ball
12-28-2007, 10:35 PM
And who, prey tell, gets the anti-Ron vote?

This is ridiculous. Canvassing is the best way to convince people to vote for Ron (especially OLFD members like myself who are trying to find people not 'in the system'). What's going to turn off voters is interrupting their dinner with incessant phone calls.

As for our chances in NH, nobody really knows, but based on how many honks we get when sign waving and canvassing in various cities (and income strata), I would say the higher the overall turnout the better. The traditional voters have mostly made up their mind already, which is why I hope we concentrate less on polarized cities like Derry and more on blue collar independent areas.

nc4rp
12-28-2007, 11:00 PM
first place unless http://www.votefraud.org/

In Dubuque, Iowa we were able to know the actual count because neighbors voted in 41 classrooms and then the paper ballots were immediately counted IN PUBLIC. We were then able to see, the next morning, how the 5 Big TV Networks through Voter News Service and AP wire service fraudulently altered the actual vote count. AP reported this fraudulent "result" to the Big Daily Papers and the rest of the "mainstream" media -- all of which media outlets uncritically reported the altered results. In this way we were able to prove the election fraud in Dubuque, County Iowa in the 1996 Presidential Caucus. The same mechanism is in operation in 99% of the counties in the USA -- but there is no chance at all of detecting election fraud because of the unconstitutional delegation to about 4 private companies (Diebold, Sequoia, Hart, and Election Systems & Software, often abbreviated ES & S) by the Republican-Democratic controlled Boards of Election. The local boards of election illegally use the local police force to prevent citizen participation in counting the votes on the ballots cast at that neighborhood precinct,and then to snatch the ballots away from the neighborhood voters. Then the ballots are taken downtown where, again protected by police power, they are "counted" IN SECRET by the mechanism explained in the below article. http://www.votefraud.org/every_american_needs_to_study.htm