PDA

View Full Version : Enough is Enough! Some posts are HURTING Ron Paul!

dawnbt
12-28-2007, 06:27 PM
This was posted on Daily Paul and I believe this needs to be posted here also!

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/17932

Enough is enough! Some posters are hurting Dr Paul!
Posted December 28th, 2007 by 11thHour
Read the front page Daily Paul post by Jane Aitken.. CEASE AND DESIST! from the Campaign Headquarters. We have to stop these posts and as far as I know I was the only one to flag it. Thank God Jane spotted the post and scrambled to get the truth! Here's what I have to say:

Ron Paul supporters have to understand how hurtful some of the posts on this website are. Who cares how much money Huckabee is raising.. who cares when some posters start criticizing Dr Paul about his speaking abilities. The post yesterday that someone made quoting a blog about FOX excluding Dr Paul was UNTRUE and not verified and should NEVER have been posted. I flagged it because I knew it would get Ron Paul supporters worked up emailing the GOP and FOX. Obviously I was the only one flagging it. Getting RP supporters worked up and going crazy with emails and calls is exactly what the opposition wants us to do and this is exactly what happened! Read Jane Aitken's post on the front page of Daily Paul and start listening to what the campaign says. Now the campaign has to deal with the repercussions of this one blog.

Not everyone posting on Daily Paul is a supporter and some are here to hurt him. Stop falling for this garbage and when a post appears to be negative or posted to discredit Dr. Paul then FLAG it! Flagging only means it will be removed until Mike reviews it and flagging is NOT taking away your freedom of speech. This is to keep us from hurting Dr. Paul and the campaign. We are so close to the primaries and these types of postings will accelerate so be vigilant and flag the ones that you know are negative and could hurt Dr. Paul. Quit responding to them by defending Dr. Paul or arguing with them. Flag them! Don't let the opponents win because this is our one and only shot at freedom and finally a President that cares about Americans.

theseus51
12-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah, you would think that people would refrain from calling the GOP HQ to complain about Ron Paul not being in the debates, based on speculative rumor alone. Since the last rumor of "Ron Paul not included in Iowa Debates!! Call and email them!!!" was completely false. I guess people don't learn their lessons that maybe we should wait until official announcements happen. We just come off as rude and annoying. Once official word comes down, then yeah, you can do whatever, but until then, let's not let wild rumors make us look like idiots.

Dave Wood
12-28-2007, 06:29 PM
This was posted on Daily Paul and I believe this needs to be posted here also!

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/17932

Enough is enough! Some posters are hurting Dr Paul!
Posted December 28th, 2007 by 11thHour
Read the front page Daily Paul post by Jane Aitken.. CEASE AND DESIST! from the Campaign Headquarters. We have to stop these posts and as far as I know I was the only one to flag it. Thank God Jane spotted the post and scrambled to get the truth! Here's what I have to say:

Ron Paul supporters have to understand how hurtful some of the posts on this website are. Who cares how much money Huckabee is raising.. who cares when some posters start criticizing Dr Paul about his speaking abilities. The post yesterday that someone made quoting a blog about FOX excluding Dr Paul was UNTRUE and not verified and should NEVER have been posted. I flagged it because I knew it would get Ron Paul supporters worked up emailing the GOP and FOX. Obviously I was the only one flagging it. Getting RP supporters worked up and going crazy with emails and calls is exactly what the opposition wants us to do and this is exactly what happened! Read Jane Aitken's post on the front page of Daily Paul and start listening to what the campaign says. Now the campaign has to deal with the repercussions of this one blog.

Not everyone posting on Daily Paul is a supporter and some are here to hurt him. Stop falling for this garbage and when a post appears to be negative or posted to discredit Dr. Paul then FLAG it! Flagging only means it will be removed until Mike reviews it and flagging is NOT taking away your freedom of speech. This is to keep us from hurting Dr. Paul and the campaign. We are so close to the primaries and these types of postings will accelerate so be vigilant and flag the ones that you know are negative and could hurt Dr. Paul. Quit responding to them by defending Dr. Paul or arguing with them. Flag them! Don't let the opponents win because this is our one and only shot at freedom and finally a President that cares about Americans.

With all due respect, WHO ARE YOU?

fortilite
12-28-2007, 06:30 PM
NH GOP has nothing to do with the exclusion. It was either Fox News that did it or it was the campaign itself.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
12-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Before people go nuts over stories like the debate thing we need to see hard evidence.

tsetsefly
12-28-2007, 06:33 PM
bump

Electric Church
12-28-2007, 06:35 PM

aaa .. he's a Ron Paul supporter?

evadmurd
12-28-2007, 06:36 PM
yeah, bump

schmeisser
12-28-2007, 06:41 PM
NH GOP has nothing to do with the exclusion. It was either Fox News that did it or it was the campaign itself.

From what I read, NH GOP is "sponsoring" the forum. What does that mean? Shouldn't they revoke sponsorship if there are some basic problems with fairness? At least put forth a press release clarifying their position?

FrankRep
12-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Someone had to say it.

Adamsa
12-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Getting the grassroots upset is too easy, need to be cautious.

Micahyah
12-28-2007, 06:51 PM
+1

jeff_from_VA
12-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I agree with the original poster. The lack of maturity of many in the grass roots is a bit unsettling. It's starting to look like if Ron Paul does well, it will be in spite of his supporters best efforts to prevent it. I am starting to wonder if a majority of Ron Paul supporters actually want him to win. My jaw drops at many of the kooky ideas I read here.

slamhead
12-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Well if anything good come from it..it will let them think twice about excluding him from anything in the future.

Dave Wood
12-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Getting the grassroots upset is too easy, need to be cautious.

Its called LACK of communication. If we had the information VERIFIED we wouldnt be upset. Then we could act responsibly toward our goal.

Information is key.

richk
12-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Well if anything good come from it..it will let them think twice about excluding him from anything in the future.

WTF has been excluded from anything?? What secret knowledge do you have that we don't know about?

Too many people on this forum, unfortunately, overreact to even the most dubious information given to them. It's good to be enthusiastic, but some people need to learn restraint. :confused:

dawnbt
12-28-2007, 07:02 PM

I am someone who is concerned about the damage people who go off half cocked can do to this campaign! I'm someone who believes that HQ is more than qualified to run this campaign without being bombarded with heresay!
Go ahead and go on a one man crusade if you wish, I'm just sharing the information that HQ passed down to the Daily Paul.

ChristopherBearkat
12-28-2007, 07:08 PM
I agree with the Dawn, the opposition has figured out a way to stop the massive grassroots effort.

Distraction

We gotta stay focused.

Geronimo
12-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Its called LACK of communication. If we had the information VERIFIED we wouldnt be upset. Then we could act responsibly toward our goal.

Information is key.

I agree 100%. I mean, look at the upcoming events thing on his website. The first date is January 2. Surely, he'll be making plenty of appearances between now and then. Why they choose to hold back information is beyond me. I heard a rumor that he's supposed to be in Derry NH tomorrow, but I can't go to his website to get any confirmation. There are a lot of NH people that are new to Dr. Paul and if they were to click on his website they'd have no idea when he's going to be around. For a guy who's been dubbed the 'president of the internet', you'd think that the site would have all of the latest information available.

libertythor
12-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Bump I gave this thread 5 stars.

Dave Wood
12-28-2007, 07:10 PM
I am someone who is concerned about the damage people who go off half cocked can do to this campaign! I'm someone who believes that HQ is more than qualified to run this campaign without being bombarded with heresay!
Go ahead and go on a one man crusade if you wish, I'm just sharing the information that HQ passed down to the Daily Paul.

Relax, deep breathes.

Unfortunately, I do not share the same confidence in the campaigns abilities.

If they were truly on top of this, then there never would have been one single post about it.

They still havent figured out how to effectively communicate to the grassroots, that is sad.

Nothing personal though:)

Cowlesy
12-28-2007, 07:11 PM
You guys do a good job of flagging posts for us. Please keep it up as your are the front-lines of helping us keep the boards clean. You could have 100 mods and it'd never work without vigilant posters keeping an eye out for damaging posts with the 1,000's and 1,000's of posts per day/hour.

Dave Wood
12-28-2007, 07:13 PM
You guys do a good job of flagging posts for us. Please keep it up as your are the front-lines of helping us keep the boards clean. You could have 100 mods and it'd never work without vigilant posters keeping an eye out for damaging posts with the 1,000's and 1,000's of posts per day/hour.

:confused::confused::confused:

jake
12-28-2007, 07:17 PM
URGENT - OFFICIAL WORD - PLEASE CEASE AND DESIST!
Posted December 28th, 2007 by Jane Aitken
in

* Urgent message

URGENT MESSAGE FROM THE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN: PLEASE STOP TYING UP THE NH GOP OFFICE WITH YOUR COMPLAINT CALLS.

I just spoke to KENT SNYDER the Campaign's CHAIRMAN, and top person in Virginia, on the phone.

He said I was CORRECT. HE HIMSELF does not know if FOX or anyone has excluded Ron, if they at HQ have just not answered the invitiation yet, or if they've even seen it. (Didn't I tell you Rudy's people said they hadn't yet known about it? So how could AP have printed the list of accepted invites?)

ChristopherBearkat
12-28-2007, 07:26 PM
You have to admit, the online response is pretty damn quick. Like virtual minutemen!

The drawback, no officer in charge of rallying the troops! Alas, the pros and cons of a decentralized grassroots campaign

TheEvilDetector
12-28-2007, 07:37 PM
You have to admit, the online response is pretty damn quick. Like virtual minutemen!

The drawback, no officer in charge of rallying the troops! Alas, the pros and cons of a decentralized grassroots campaign

This is the best system.

No MR I KNOW IT ALL AND HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE YOU AGREE OR SHUT UP people here.

Just opinions up for discussion, and that's the way it should be.

jebba
12-28-2007, 09:00 PM
So they handle a little fallout from zealous supporters. So what? It'll be fine.

Carry on with your ideas! Enough is not enough! :)

Liberty Star
12-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Occasionally a well meaning RP supporter may go overboard and some of the negative or distracting posts attracting attention to other candidates or to insignificant time-wasters could be molish bahavior ( because we shouldn't call them moles to be generous :) ).

We should have some allowance for that but I agree that distractions without constructive critique are not good and such threads should be moved to negativity section of the forum.