PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul famous supporters listed on TV? On CNN?

aknappjr
07-11-2007, 02:00 PM
A friend said he and his wife saw a list of Ron Paul famous supporters/endorsements on the TV. Can anyone confirm? He thinks it was CNN but wasn't sure.

DeadheadForPaul
07-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow that would be huge. I'd like to see that list!

FSP-Rebel
07-11-2007, 02:21 PM
I think our poll #s would sky rocket with a bunch of famous Paul supporters coming out of the closet. We also need a PAC so these ritzy folks can give us a boost. Then we could catch Rudy Romney.

rockfree33
07-11-2007, 02:27 PM
I was wondering how long it would be until celebrities started supporting Dr. Paul :)

rich34
07-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Well I think the numbers would do good, unless one of the celebs happens to be Rosie Odonell lol. Not that I know if she's even aware of Ron Paul or anything but based on some of the other issues she brought up on the view I could see her possibly supporting Ron Paul.

LibertyEagle
07-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Or Cindy Sheehan. I hope not.

BLS
07-11-2007, 02:37 PM
I think Tom Selleck would be a GREAT spokesman.

He's very likable, has a great personality and speaks well. He's a known libertarian as well. Mind you guys like Clint Eastwood and Charleton Heston would be huge support as well.

Could you imagine Clint Eastwood coming out saying "I support Ron Paul" on TV?

Mani
07-11-2007, 02:39 PM
john Stossel comes to mind.

rich34
07-11-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm still hoping for Shotgun Willie Nelson to come out and support Dr. Paul! That would be a huge boost in the midwest especially among the midwestern farmer.

Two words for Willie.....IRS/hemp!

DeadheadForPaul
07-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Not that I know if she's even aware of Ron Paul or anything but based on some of the other issues she brought up on the view I could see her possibly supporting Ron Paul.

Rosie was one of the first media individuals to bring up Ron Paul following his confrontation with Rudy

SeanEdwards
07-11-2007, 02:43 PM
CNN won't report that, they have a blackout in place on Ron Paul. Seriously. They just did a segment about current candidates who ran for President in the past. The quote was "Two candidates have been here before, John McCain, and John Edwards are trying to craft a succesful sequel to their previous efforts." Of course they can't spare one word for Paul, even though it's common knowledge that he has run for President before as well.

Ron Paul needs to convince Rosie O'Donnel and Donald Trump to hold a joint press conference where they announce their endorsement of Ron Paul. That would demonstrate how Ron Paul can bring people together!

LibertyEagle
07-11-2007, 02:46 PM
I think Tom Selleck would be a GREAT spokesman.

He's very likable, has a great personality and speaks well. He's a known libertarian as well. Mind you guys like Clint Eastwood and Charleton Heston would be huge support as well.

Could you imagine Clint Eastwood coming out saying "I support Ron Paul" on TV?

Yeah, that would be a dream come true. Seriously. I think a lot of Republicans would snap to and start listening. :)

rich34
07-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Rosie was one of the first media individuals to bring up Ron Paul following his confrontation with Rudy

:eek: :eek:

Rosie please, I'm speaking for myself when I say this, BUT, I welcome your money and your support but just stay in the closet!:)

quickmike
07-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Kurt Russell would be good too. He is a libertarian as well.

SeanEdwards
07-11-2007, 02:56 PM

Rosie please, I'm speaking for myself when I say this, BUT, I welcome your money and your support but just stay in the closet!:)

Imagine:

The clip opens with Rosie insulting Donald's hair. Donald replies by pointing out that Rosie is a fat lesbian. Rosie counter's by calling trump an evil capitialist pig, but before Trump can lash back, they both see a clip of Ron Paul talking about a foreign policy of non-intervention and a return to constitutional principles and individual liberty.

Rosie and Donald look at each other. Donald says "I like Ron Paul", Rosie says , "Me too". Both of them gasp in shock. Donald says "I can't believe this. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the Ron Paul effect. I'm going to bottle Ron Paul and sell him. I'll be even more rich than I am now!"

angrydragon
07-11-2007, 02:56 PM

It wasn't Rosie, it was the other chick. No not the blond one.

DAZ
07-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Back to the point......

A friend said he and his wife saw a list of Ron Paul famous supporters/endorsements on the TV. Can anyone confirm? He thinks it was CNN but wasn't sure.
......so no one else has seen or heard of this endorsement list?

DeadheadForPaul
07-11-2007, 02:59 PM

I'm not sure if Rosie would support Paul, and I actually hope she does not. However, I was just responding to the statement that you were "not sure if Rosie was even aware of Paul". She is. Joy Behar (spelling?) was the first one to bring up Paul and then Rosie agreed with her that Paul was on to something with regard to foreign policy

LibertyEagle
07-11-2007, 03:02 PM

This was a good piece on The View about Ron. But, it was Joy, not Rosie that talked about him and she did a great job, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6SfmXigHpE

Elizabeth is such a ditz.

rpf2008
07-11-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/

there is their online video stuff

libertarian4321
07-12-2007, 05:50 AM
I'm still hoping for Shotgun Willie Nelson to come out and support Dr. Paul! That would be a huge boost in the midwest especially among the midwestern farmer.

Two words for Willie.....IRS/hemp!

Willie might give Ron Paul a little bump down here in Texas, too!

Man from La Mancha
07-12-2007, 06:06 AM
That Rosie clip is very good, it has Views: 82,577 and the crowd claps for Ron Paul statements.

belian78
07-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Ron was on with Tucker Carlson last night and Tucker asked him when he was going to get some celebs to speak out in support. Ron got that trademark grin, and said that would be great, as of yet no one has but he suspects as his campaign picks up more support he'll see some of hollywood support him.

so, as of now there isnt any that i know of. however, someone mentioned Willy, and i know that in an interview recently Willy did mention Ron's name and said "that man just makes alot of sense". So who knows? we should contact him and see what he thinks.