PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Lamborghini

Aaya
12-28-2007, 05:16 PM
What would you think about using a Ron Paul Lamborghini to spread Dr. Pauls message of freedom?

Here's my idea, we raise enough money to purchase a Lamborghini Gallardo, we paint it with Ron Paul decals, and drive it around major cities. Very few people ever get to see an Italian super car, imagine their shock when they see a bright orange Lamborghini with Ron Paul written all over it. They would tell their friends, it would be all over the news, and it would create true grassroots support.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/AmplifierRRU/alambo.jpg

While renting the blimp costs almost 400k a month, the lambo would only cost 150k to buy. That means for the next year, Ron Paul would be advertising in style. Besides, after all his hard work, Ron Paul deserves his own sports car.

Oliver
12-28-2007, 05:19 PM
What about an own Space Station shooting Ron Paul Revolution laser beams down to earth? :rolleyes:

Jeremy
12-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Lol... that just makes us look arrogant or something. Better to have a bunch of cheap cars that advertise RP.

RoyalShock
And after the election who would retain ownership of this Lambo? Would it be one, Aaya? ;)

dircha
Sounds good. I'll volunteer to drive it and keep it at my place for you guys. Don't worry... I'll take good care of it! *wink*

pacelli
I'm guessing that we'd be raising the money to buy it for you? ;0

The campaign needs about 1.2 million dollars before the 1st of the year to hit 20 million for the 4th quarter. The blimp people are begging for funds. The Ron Paul Air Corps is also needing serious help. Ron Paul's pay day is every friday. Operation NH needs more love.

People are frantically writing letters to the early primary states. People are out canvassing neighborhoods. People have already converted their cars into Ron Paul-mobiles.

I agree that Ron Paul deserves his own sports car, but we did one better-- our money has bought him private plane flights.

krott5333
12-28-2007, 05:21 PM
I was actually daydreaming about having a Yellow Murcielago with purple leather, and Ron Paul graphics all over the side hood and trunk.

That'd be sweet.

homeboyjase
Ron Paul Sharks, shooting frickin' ron paul lasers from their heads! :)

rollingpig
What about an own Space Station shooting Ron Paul Revolution laser beams down to earth? :rolleyes:

+1

BLS
What would you think about using a Ron Paul Lamborghini to spread Dr. Pauls message of freedom?

Here's my idea, we raise enough money to purchase a Lamborghini Gallardo, we paint it with Ron Paul decals, and drive it around major cities. Very few people ever get to see an Italian super car, imagine their shock when they see a bright orange Lamborghini with Ron Paul written all over it. They would tell their friends, it would be all over the news, and it would create true grassroots support.

While renting the blimp costs almost 400k a month, the lambo would only cost 150k to buy. That means for the next year, Ron Paul would be advertising in style. Besides, after all his hard work, Ron Paul deserves his own sports car.

And who gets the car when it's all finished? You?
Because Ron can't take it.....

Worst idea evah.

Oliver
12-28-2007, 05:22 PM
+1

Well - maybe Iran is already invading Mars and we just missed it? :rolleyes:

:D

Aaya
12-28-2007, 05:22 PM

Maybe in a science fiction novel.

Think about how much it costs to get nationwide advertising, 150k for something that would be mentioned on every major media network is a deal.

Oliver
12-28-2007, 05:23 PM

Think about how much it costs to get nationwide advertising, 150k for something that would be mentioned on every major media network is a deal.

Ron doesn't stand for Lamborghini's, simple as that.

"Ron who???" :rolleyes:

max
12-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Sounds good. I'll volunteer to drive it and keep it at my place for you guys. Don't worry... I'll take good care of it! *wink*

u are a true patriot to make such a sacrifice for the cause.....

pazzo83
12-28-2007, 05:24 PM
LMFAO, awesome thread.

pacelli
12-28-2007, 05:24 PM

Yep, definitely in a science fiction novel.

RTsquared
12-28-2007, 05:26 PM

It's certainly an original thought, and we need more of those.

However, I think you overestimate the proliferation of car geeks in the US. There is a substantial population out there that wouldn't even bat an eyelash at a Lambo. I'd love to see one up close and personal, but I suspect the gawker/dollar ratio is lower than the blimp (even at $400K/month).

Just my $2.17 ($.02 after taxes and inflation)...

adpierce
12-28-2007, 05:27 PM
If we were to do something like this... everybody who donated should be in a raffle to win it after all the campaigning is done. Say you get one ticket for each 10 dollars you donate toward it. An idea like this could actually work however I have reservations about it's effectiveness. Maybe we could even opt for something more effective than a Lamborghini to grab people's attentions... ideas?

Oliver
12-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Yep, definitely in a science fiction novel.

Maybe we can settle on a Lamborghini-shaped Ron Paul Death Star ? :D

pazzo83
12-28-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry, this might be the best thread ever posted on RPF.

pacelli
12-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Maybe we can settle on a Lamborghini-shaped Ron Paul Death Star ? :D

:) Oh yes, with blow-up dolls of Rudy Giuliani in drag being shot out of it. :eek:

Corydoras
12-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I think you overestimate the proliferation of car geeks in the US. There is a substantial population out there that wouldn't even bat an eyelash at a Lambo.

This is true. And it's not like Lamborghinis are that rare, anyway. I don't come from money, yet my best friend from middle school (who now lives in another state) owns one. And a hair salon owner who works like five blocks away from my place (which is not in a good neighborhood) owns one. This isn't the kind of thing that would turn heads.

Oliver

Not really. One other funny Guy plans to overthrow Rupert with
his own TV-Station. And he probably has the 50 Billion needed
for this stunt as well.

ladyliberty

Oh Trevor Lyyyyyyy man - where are yooooooooou?!? Yoo hoo!

We have another fund raiser for you to advertise - the Ron Paul Space Station!!!:D

pacelli
12-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Maybe we could even opt for something more effective than a Lamborghini to grab people's attentions... ideas?

How about... a blimp? www.ronpaulblimp.com

.................. an airplane? www.ronpaulaircorps.com/

..................a Ron Paul sign visible from space?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPYEYzQHcDE

A Ron Paul Rebel
12-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Ron Paul Sharks, shooting frickin' ron paul lasers from their heads! :)

+1

too funny

familydog
12-28-2007, 05:38 PM

LOL

Corydoras
12-28-2007, 05:39 PM

No, I think the best thread ever posted on RPF was about how to fix a cat's bad breath.
:p

ladyliberty
12-28-2007, 05:39 PM
what a bout a yacht? we could have a Ron Paul floatilla...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woWsWOoBMYo

pazzo83
12-28-2007, 05:41 PM
This is true. And it's not like Lamborghinis are that rare, anyway. I don't come from money, yet my best friend from middle school (who now lives in another state) owns one. And a hair salon owner who works like five blocks away from my place (which is not in a good neighborhood) owns one. This isn't the kind of thing that would turn heads.

Dude what part of Beverly Hills do you live in?? If a Lambo drove through my town it would make the local paper.

shasshas
12-28-2007, 05:41 PM
this sounds suspiciously like one car nuts attempt to get a free lambourghini to drive around in for one month

wow these colours are so much fun

OKRonPaul
12-28-2007, 05:42 PM

I agree, and I DO think it would be a good way to advertise. However, it has the same problem as the blimp, it can't handle winter weather :p

The next vehicle needs to be able to make it to NH.

Aaya
12-28-2007, 05:43 PM
The Lamborghini would be sold at the end of the campaign to help fund Ron Paul's 2012 reelection campaign. The net cost would only be 40-50k.

I agree, and I DO think it would be a good way to advertise. However, it has the same problem as the blimp, it can't handle winter weather :p

The next vehicle needs to be able to make it to NH.

It's all wheel drive.

Oliver
12-28-2007, 05:45 PM
The Lamborghini would be sold at the end of the campaign to help fund Ron Paul's 2012 reelection campaign. The net cost would only be 40-50k.

It's all wheel drive.

Do you know how many full page Ad's you could buy for the money? :confused:

If not: Look it up
If so: What in the world did force you to start the ridiculous thread in the first place?

constitutional
12-28-2007, 05:46 PM
150k + 50k (your salary) + 10k (gas) + 10k (maintenance) + 10k (insurance) + 30k (lawyers) + 5k (food+motel) + 15k (media team) + 7k (decals) +2k (GPS tracker) + 500 (website) + 2k (live web cam) =

No thanks. :)

pacelli
12-28-2007, 05:47 PM
By the way, Aaya - I notice you have very few posts, and with the hit of this thread..

Welcome to the Ron Paul Forums! :)

As a matter of course, are you registered to vote in your state's primary?

Threads are fun, but we need to ensure the fun continues through the primaries.

How about we hijack the HAARP system and create a RON PAUL cloud cover system?

Brennon
12-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I put ron paul stickers on my lotus. :D

There's actually a few of us that are supporters on the lotus forum.

Scott Wilson
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/Songman60/mammogram.jpg

MayTheRonBeWithYou
12-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Weak trolling job.

Oliver
12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/Songman60/mammogram.jpg

*lol* :D

RonPaulwillWin
12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm still pushing for the Ron Paul tank

sunny
12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
NO NO NO!
just donate to hq - geesh, there's too damn many people marketing dr. paul!

cero
12-28-2007, 06:02 PM
LMAO

robert4rp08
12-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Excellent idea if the title of the lambo can be in my name.

slamhead
12-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Got an Idea...everyone buy me a house and I will decorate it with Ron Paul signs.

ionlyknowy
12-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Go to any major city, and go to the upscale part of town... these type of cars def. are seen.

They arent the norm, but def. arent "not seen". Plus, this would not garner major attention from anyone.

Let me guess, you want to drive the car? Or own it after this is all over? :)

Cindy
12-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Lol... that just makes us look arrogant or something. Better to have a bunch of cheap cars that advertise RP.

Electric cars that advertise RP touring the country........

TheEvilDetector
12-28-2007, 06:17 PM

Waste of money.

Scott Wilson
12-28-2007, 06:21 PM
PAYtriots for Ron Paul.

OKRonPaul
12-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Electric cars that advertise RP touring the country........

Too bad the tesla is still vaporware

Mark
12-28-2007, 06:24 PM

The campaign needs about 1.2 million dollars before the 1st of the year to hit 20 million for the 4th quarter. The blimp people are begging for funds. The Ron Paul Air Corps is also needing serious help. Ron Paul's pay day is every friday. Operation NH needs more love.

People are frantically writing letters to the early primary states. People are out canvassing neighborhoods. People have already converted their cars into Ron Paul-mobiles.

I agree that Ron Paul deserves his own sports car, but we did one better-- our money has bought him private plane flights.

QFT - A lot of projects need money - that $150,000 could feed a lot of people "on the ground".

That kind of luxury doesn't befit Ron's message either.

Better to fund efforts to help people get off of government service's payrolls
so we can show how Ron's ideas of less taxes - more money to help the needy would work.

We don't need the Gov. taking our money to build huge bureaucratic offices/agencies
to redistribute a portion back to the needy.

We can do it without their help thank-you.

AlexAmore
12-28-2007, 06:32 PM
This would be cool
http://www.citi-mobile.com/images/clientProjects/hl/client_hover_1.jpg
Then we could ask the company to strap on some loud speaks on top of it to blast some Ron Paul music!

Oliver
12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
+1

Johncjackson
12-28-2007, 09:40 PM
What about renting one? I know there are people "on the internet" who rent cars like this to show off and pretend they make a lot of money on their blogs.

Maybe you could rent one for a month or something and get some kind of signage that wouldnt do any damage.

justatrey
12-28-2007, 09:46 PM

LOL

We could compromise and settle for a Hummer.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Hope Anthem, the song written by Marc Scibilia for the Ron Paul Revolution is now available for download by Ron Paul Forum readers. See the thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=67208

Chester Copperpot
12-28-2007, 09:52 PM

The Ron Paul Air Corp??? WTF is that.. I thought the RP air corp WAS the blimp people?

We got our own air force now? somebody tell me what this is?

Oliver
12-29-2007, 12:15 AM
The Ron Paul Air Corp??? WTF is that.. I thought the RP air corp WAS the blimp people?

We got our own air force now? somebody tell me what this is?

It's a project to fly RP banner using small planes.
They also have a Website - but I have to look it
up .................................. Here it is:

http://www.ronpaulaircorps.com/

Jojo
12-29-2007, 12:35 AM
I have a cheaper idea: get a donkey and a Ron Paul banner and ride it around. We'll keep you supplied with hay :D

Oliver
12-29-2007, 12:37 AM
I have a cheaper idea: get a donkey and a Ron Paul banner and ride it around. We'll keep you supplied with hay :D

*lol* :D

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 12:38 AM
NOT a joke: Aaya, I have an idea that would gain NATIONAL attention.

We do a HUGE fundraiser, with a website, advertisments, etc. We make a list of organizers. Then when we raise enough, we call the campaign and news stations, and present him with the car.

LibertyEagle
12-29-2007, 12:40 AM

LOL!! What makes you think that? It is a frickin' car. Big deal.

NewEnd
12-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Its a good idea... too bad the logistics are impossible, unless connected to the official campaign.

AlexAmore
12-29-2007, 12:43 AM
We could make websites that expose Huckabee, Giuliani, Mitt Romney...ect. Then we get them up to number one in Google when you input a candidates name.

Is it possible?

Jojo
12-29-2007, 12:48 AM

LOL!! What makes you think that? It is a frickin' car. Big deal.

A donkey on the other hand....

Revolution9
12-29-2007, 12:55 AM

I will confirm you are sorry.

HTH
Randy

jsteilKS
12-29-2007, 01:27 AM
We should restore a fleet of these with ron pauls face on them.

http://www.strijdbewijs.nl/landing/duck03.jpg

We can then drive and boat to places.

defcreative
12-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Well, we could ALSO use 15 economy cars instead of 1 Lamborghini.

I appreciate your positive intentions for this thread, but I must say its a very bad idea.

Paul4Prez
12-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Nice try to get Ron Paul supporters to score you a nice ride, dude.

WRellim
12-29-2007, 03:07 AM

That's not a Space Station... it's a Moon!

http://www.infiniteronpaul.com/images/RPR_moonrise.jpg

Luft97
12-29-2007, 04:34 AM
lol, ehh I think we need a bunch of these walking around with the logos on it..
http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/ridable_robot.jpg

idiom
12-29-2007, 04:57 AM
Someone needs to start a Chip-in for the speeding tickets.

Corydoras
12-29-2007, 04:59 AM
This would be cool
http://www.citi-mobile.com/images/clientProjects/hl/client_hover_1.jpg
Then we could ask the company to strap on some loud speaks on top of it to blast some Ron Paul music!

Man are those scary when the wind comes up. I've seen lots of these trucks hurrying to get out of oncoming weather and they sway back and forth like they're made of rubber.

"FALLING RON PAUL ADVERTISING TRUCK SQUASHES PEDESTRIANS LIKE FLIES"
:eek:

EotS
12-29-2007, 05:36 AM
The West Michigan Lakeshore Meetup group has bought ad time on one of those moving billboards. They're really not too expensive. A nice idea for local projects.

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/a/7/5/b/event_2622843.jpeg

dave_mack33
12-29-2007, 05:50 AM
this thread restored my hope in america. when paul is prez, he should get the lambo fo sho

american.swan
12-29-2007, 06:05 AM
LMFAO, awesome thread.

+1

american.swan
12-29-2007, 06:18 AM
I looked up the cost of a very light jet...for one year it would cost 3 million. That would include pilots, fuel, maintenance, and full ownership of the 1.5 million dollar plane. We could insure that Ron Paul lovers are the pilots and have Ron use it. Then sell it at the end of the campaign. Who ever would get this idea off the ground would have no pay, just volunteer to make the purchase and tell the pilots to go where Ron says.

Libertarian
12-29-2007, 07:06 AM

He already has that..

http://i1.tinypic.com/8bqn6gx.jpg