PDA

View Full Version : A Handy Tool For Helping Religious Huck Supporters

JordanL
12-28-2007, 04:21 PM
1. Turn the conversation to how Huck wants to do things like illegalize smoking just because it's unfavorable.

2. Read them Galations 2:21 : "I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

3. Point out that passing laws to force God's will on people actually prevents them from understanding God's grace, thereby preventing them from ever truly coming to be a true Christian.

If you do this in a respectful and attentive way, then you ahve a good chance of at least provoking thought. :) Happy hunting.

guntherg16
12-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Let them read this article too.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Stang/alan22.htm

MrCobaltBlue
12-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Just ask them how they can support a guy who wants to continue to suspend and defy us our God-given Freedoms. How arrogant is that, he wants to defy God.

dircha
12-28-2007, 05:16 PM
3. Point out that passing laws to force God's will on people actually prevents them from understanding God's grace, thereby preventing them from ever truly coming to be a true Christian.

Actually, Romans 13 tells us that God has established civil authority to be "the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil," who "beareth not the sword in vain (4)."

Indeed, "the powers that be are ordained of God (1)." And "whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation (2)."

Now, Congressman Paul and former Governor Huckabee are running for the Constitutional office of President of the United States. What is the power and authority of the federal government of the United States? The Constitution. And who has established this power and authority? God.

But much of what former Governor Huckabee has proposed is not the lawful function of the federal government of the United States under the God-established and ordained authority of the Constitution.

Our federal government is lawless, and former Governor Huckabee rather than combat and restrain its lawlessness, proposes to expand and sustain it.

What does Romans 13:2 say is the fate of he who resists and undermines the God-established and ordained authority of the United States Constitution over federal government? It says that he shall receive damnation.

And a lawless nation will receive the wrath of God. God punishes wicked, lawless nations by disasters, by war, and by allowing wicked rulers to come to power over them.

Christians must cry out for a President who will restore our God-ordained and established Constitutional federal government.

There is only one man who by his character and by his deeds has demonstrated his commitment to this righteous cause: Congressman Ron Paul.

dircha
12-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Just ask them how they can support a guy who wants to continue to suspend and defy us our God-given Freedoms. How arrogant is that, he wants to defy God.

Amen.

tsetsefly
12-28-2007, 05:18 PM
just tell them he said in every debate he was the only candidate with a theology degree and then was outed by a reporter, his campaign was forced to admit he had no degree...

bc2208
12-28-2007, 05:19 PM
You could also just show them his "vote or die" bit.

adpierce
12-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Also smoking is not a sin. Nowhere in scripture do you find any admonition not to smoke. There are admonitions to take care of your body, and that makes a lot of sense, but to make something illegal because there are people who abuse a drug makes it so that a person like me who doesn't smoke often but enjoys a good cigar from time to time suffer the consequences for another's irresponsibilities. That's wrong. While we're at it why don't we ban alcohol again because there are people who get liver disease? How about fast food joints... people get heart disease from that why don't we ban those... it's just a stupid idea.

mjp1025
12-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Look, I despise Huckabee as much as the next guy...but I really think Stang is reaching a bit far when he dissects the words to songs the band does. Sheeeesh!

rollingpig
12-28-2007, 05:26 PM
we voted for a "born again christian" in 2000 and what happened?? time to wake up

dircha
12-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Also smoking is not a sin. Nowhere in scripture do you find any admonition not to smoke. There are admonitions to take care of your body, and that makes a lot of sense, but to make something illegal because there are people who abuse a drug makes it so that a person like me who doesn't smoke often but enjoys a good cigar from time to time suffer the consequences for another's irresponsibilities. That's wrong. While we're at it why don't we ban alcohol again because there are people who get liver disease? How about fast food joints... people get heart disease from that why don't we ban those... it's just a stupid idea.

Or just the fact that the federal government has no Constitutional authority to establish a nation wide smoking ban. If Mike Huckabee were to do so, he would be rejecting the God-ordained authority of the Constitution of the United States. Mike Huckabee advocates this lawless act at his own great peril. God will surely punish a nation that persists in lawlessness.

dircha
12-28-2007, 05:34 PM
we voted for a "born again christian" in 2000 and what happened?? time to wake up

And now look at him. George W Bush has completely rejected orthodox Christianity. He is an admitted Universalist who believes that all religions lead to God, and has worshipped in a Shinto temple.

paulette
12-28-2007, 05:42 PM
I have searched all day for reference to something I read-that Huckabee signed off on a bill to provide funding for abortions for poor black women.

Does anyone have any info on this, as it just might be the little bit of fact that I could show my dad that would show him how Huckabee really is.

Thanks.

dircha
12-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I have searched all day for reference to something I read-that Huckabee signed off on a bill to provide funding for abortions for poor black women.

Does anyone have any info on this, as it just might be the little bit of fact that I could show my dad that would show him how Huckabee really is.

Thanks.

I don't think you're going to get him there. Huckabee even once blocked medicaid payment to pay for a 15 year old's abortion (and apparently she was even mentally handicapped).

The only change in his position is that he used to be for returning abortion law to the states, but now he goes further and supports a Constitutional amendment banning abortion. I believe Congressman Paul's platform only involves returning the decision to the states.

Mike S.
12-28-2007, 06:06 PM
I think what you need to do is start the conversation with a question like "What issues are important to you in this presidential election?". If they say "War on Terror", then RP's war stance probably won't sway them (even though it should). Perhaps focus on National Debt and Huckabee's tendancy toward bigger govt. The illegal immigration issues and Hucks bad record are relevant to many, although a few I have talked to seemed to think the illegals they met were just "so nice and hardworking". That CNN hunting video from the 26th was a bit scary to me, but I don't know what a Huckabee supporter would think. Huckabee's ties to Rick Warren might work for some, unless they are fans of Rick Warren of course.

An issue that should be most important to Christians is RP's willingness to stand up for the Constitution and keep fed govt in it's place. This will guarantee freedom of religion.

Mark
12-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Just found a GREAT new PDF Flyer for Paul and Huck comparisons -

- please go here to VIEW a jpeg image and find a download LINK to the PDF at the bottom of the page:

http://ronpaul.cc/images/Ron/Christian/Christian_Flyer.htm

To save time - direct link to the PDF file:

http://ronpaul.cc/images/PDF/Christian_Flyer.pdf

Mark
12-28-2007, 11:04 PM
The full size image was too big to post here - I made one that's vertical and 1/2 size to see:

http://ronpaul.cc/images/Ron/Christian/Small_Size_Christian_Flyer.jpg

Mark
12-29-2007, 03:04 AM
fly(high)er ^