PDA

View Full Version : PA & MI polls tomorrow

Bradley in DC
07-11-2007, 01:38 PM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/07/11/new_polls_pennsylvania_and_michigan.html

Political Wire got an advance look at two new Strategic Vision (R) polls coming out tomorrow. We will have links to the complete results as soon as they are posted.

Pennsylvania:
In the Republican race, Giuliani leads with 42%, followed by Thompson at 16%, McCain at 10% and Romney 6%.

Michigan:
In the Republican race, Giuliani leads with 20%, followed by Romney at 15%, McCain at 14% and Thompson at 14%.

Quinnipiac will also be releasing their new poll from Ohio tomorrow.

dspectre
07-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Bradley,

When I see the results of these polls, I really don't know how to interpret them.

Rudy = Rockefeller Republican

The Michigan poll looks realistic, more or less a split between the perceived front runners. The Pennsylvania poll is beyond me. I guess I'm just not familiar with the demographics in that part of the country.

Of course, I have a small distrust in these polls to begin with....

rich34
07-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Pennsylvania is a rural state for the most part with the exception of the big cities. I honestly can't imagine that many rural, country type folk (hunters/country boys) would be going for a gun grabber like Rudy. Although it's possible they are not fully aware of his positions on the issues and could be just thinking of how he'll win the "war on terror."

rich34
07-11-2007, 02:32 PM
I would think with the independents in Michigan that Ron should be polling a little better than he is nationally. Then again the last polls I've seen come out of New Hampshire he was only listed at 3%, yet he won the recent straw poll there. Something funny could be going on and aside from not giving Ron Paul any press this is the best way to keep people from voting for him because usually people want to vote for "the winner."

BravoSix
07-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Although it's possible they are not fully aware of his positions on the issues and could be just thinking of how he'll win the "war on terror."

As a native of rural PA, I'd say this is precisely the problem.

I've only recently moved away from PA, so I still maintain regular contact with my family and friends back home. The problem I've encountered when discussing politics with them is that the assumption is Republican = Pro-gun.

Bradley in DC
07-11-2007, 02:37 PM
All of this reflects that for most people the election campaigning is still very early and that very few people know of Dr. Paul and his message yet.

rich34
07-11-2007, 02:39 PM
As a native of rural PA, I'd say this is precisely the problem.

I've only recently moved away from PA, so I still maintain regular contact with my family and friends back home. The problem I've encountered when discussing politics with them is that the assumption is Republican = Pro-gun.

That's great to hear then because as soon as the people wake up and start paying attention to these debates and the commercials start running they'll then see exactly were Mr. rudy tudy stands on those issues! Gun Grabber!! The abortion issue could also help Ron as well.

Hopefully with Mit, Fred, and Rudy in the race with all their money they'll beat each other up slinging mud back and forth at each other while they all slide down Ron passes em right up and never looks back!

FreedomLover
07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Polls at this point are useless. Its like asking who you've heard more about in the media up to this point, people have friends, family and jobs, most are not looking at next years election seriously yet. This gives us the most room to grow, and them (the money toptier) a lot of room to shrink, since people will soon find out all the bad stuff when they care to hear it..

Hopefully with Mit, Fred, and Rudy in the race with all their money they'll beat each other up slinging mud back and forth at each other while they all slide down Ron passes em right up and never looks back!

That is a good strategy for Ron to pick up delegates in the primary while keeping his nose clean and support strong. But I have a feeling the Neocon chickenhawk wing of the GOP have thought about this too.

Our message is a message of hope. Our stances are based on principles of freedom and supported by the Constitution. Most potential voters agree with us already, they just need to know the name: Ron Paul. :cool:

paulitics
07-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I would think with the independents in Michigan that Ron should be polling a little better than he is nationally. Then again the last polls I've seen come out of New Hampshire he was only listed at 3%, yet he won the recent straw poll there. Something funny could be going on and aside from not giving Ron Paul any press this is the best way to keep people from voting for him because usually people want to vote for "the winner."

I don't believe these polls. The explosion on the internet is verifiable, and due to his performance at the debates, not because of some elusive cyber cult trapped outside the real world. I have a pretty good mind for statistics, and if the message wasn't resonationg he would not have 20,000 meetup members working hard to spread the message of freedom. Of the people who watched the debates, obviously they like what he had to say. The question is if the polls are completely behind the times, or something more sinister is going on...like complete fabrications. .

LibertyEagle
07-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah, but just ask the next 10 people you run into that you haven't already talked to about Ron Paul and see if they know who he is, much less what he stands for. I don't think you'll like the result.

FreedomLover
07-11-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't believe these polls. The explosion on the internet is verifiable, and due to his performance at the debates, not because of some elusive cyber cult trapped outside the real world. I have a pretty good mind for statistics, and if the message wasn't resonationg he would not have 20,000 meetup members working hard to spread the message of freedom. Of the people who watched the debates, obviously they like what he had to say. The question is if the polls are completely behind the times, or something more sinister is going on...like complete fabrications. .

The only problem with that theory is that a remarkably small percentage of the general population actually watched any of the debates. I myself only caught a part of 1 on tv. I just by chance came upon Ron paul on the internets, which is what prompted me to watch the other two. And I consider myself a political junkie.