PDA

View Full Version : Blimp only $59,750 to go!!!

RCA
12-28-2007, 03:10 PM
We can do this.

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 03:46 PM
We can do it!

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp! Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

ronpaulfan
12-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Thank god it's flying again :)

If you look at the jumps and plateaus on the graph, it only gets money when in the air :D

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_blimp_actual_total.png

Oliver
12-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Personally it would be more convincing to spend money if I would
know for sure that my money would be well invested - like the Blimp
appearing at big events like:

Flying over Des Moines on January third - or flying over New York
on New Year's Eve.

Flying around somewhere in the prairie doesn't convince me at
all - and I guess I'm not the only one.

pacelli
12-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Just as a word of warning, if you are a "blimp naysayer", you might not have seen this-- so think before you post ;)

Your past behavior has shown that you will never be satisfied.

Your many questions will not ever be answered to your satisfaction.

By continuing to post your questions many times per day in every thread, regardless of topic...

YOU DEMONSTRATE YOUR DELIBERATE INTENTION TO SABOTAGE THE PROJECT.

You are undermining the efforts of volunteers and paid staff
THAT OTHER GRASSROOTS SUPPORTERS BESIDES YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO FUND AND SUPPORT!!!

And you are violating the stated policy of the forum administrators.

This isn't your project any more! Get over it!

Get the hell out of our way!

Get out of our forum!

Shut up about our project and our people!

And most important: Go support something else!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=66831

Aside from that, make sure you give to the blimp. We're close to a half a million dollars away from funding it through Feb 18.

ronpaulfan
12-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Just as a word of warning, if you are a "blimp naysayer", you might not have seen this-- so think before you post ;)

Get the hell out of our way!

Get out of our forum!

Shut up about our project and our people!

Aside from that, make sure you give to the blimp.

LOL. Such a great way to motivate people to donate *sarcastic golf clap* :p

Oliver
12-28-2007, 04:04 PM

on New Year's Eve.

Aside from that, make sure you give to the blimp. We're close to a half a million dollars away from funding it through Feb 18.

No-Brainer. My point is valid. Probably to many in here as well.
Start a poll if you disagree about this:

on New Year's Eve.

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Bump for the blimp! It has already paid for itself and more.. if you have questions and concerns that is for the Q/A forum. This is for fund raising for the blimp which many of us think is the most revolutionary projects we have. If you don't support the blimp that's fine but going into a fund raising post and hurting our efforts is totally un-acceptable. Everyone giving money to the blimp is capable of deciding on their own what they choose to support. It has already paid for itself in media coverage and now that it's down south it will get even more airtime. As for your idea of flying to New York, Oliver remember they tried that. The weather is too bad to go that far north. It's best to stay south and get as much airtime as possible to get Ron Paul's name out.

walt
12-28-2007, 04:09 PM
quit making new spam threads

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 04:11 PM
quit making new spam threads

Quit telling others what to do... That is the admin's job and it's also their job to move in-appropriate threads... you already know this.

Oliver
12-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Quit telling others what to do... That is the admin's job and it's also their job to move in-appropriate threads... you already know this.

HERE YOU GO:

The project sub-forums are for planning and information. Grassroots Central can be used for announcements, recruiting and fundraising for that project. Basically if you aren't involved in a project you'll ignore the whole project sub-forum so that is why these things can go elsewhere.

One thread in Grassroot Central for a major project is fine. :)

walt
12-28-2007, 04:14 PM

the admins have recently brought in new mods and they aren't enforcing the rules - so I have to do what needs to be done.

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Did you read the part of my post where I said it is the Admin's job to move in-appropriate threads? By the way that quote you put doesn't say 2 threads is not allowed. Perhaps this is why the Admins haven't moved it? Oh, and now your claiming the admins aren't doing their jobs so your taking over? Who do you think you are? You don't decide if they are doing their jobs, and you don't have the power to tell anyone here what to do.

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Bump for the Blimp.

Oliver
12-28-2007, 04:37 PM
*spam* for the blimp

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Call it what you will. :) I think your attitude is pretty bad though, now your resorting to mocking me. You might notice I'm not the only person here at the forums who has ever bumped a post. ;/

Oliver
12-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Call it what you will. :) I think your attitude is pretty bad though, now your resorting to mocking me. You might notice I'm not the only person here at the forums who has ever bumped a post. ;(

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp! Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com (http://www.RonPaulBlimp.com)

Yeah, throw the money out of the Blimps windows instead
flying it to the places where it would make a difference.

Go ahead - waste the money. We all are with you - AS YOU CAN SEE
IN THE DECREASE OF BLIMP-DONATIONS,

GENIUS! :)

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 04:59 PM
The blimp has given us approximately 2 to 2.5mil in media exposure. You can keep living in your dream world and attacking the blimp with baseless attacks but what is your real goal? Why can't you be reasonable and stop trying to de-rail the effort of those who do support the blimp? There are plenty of projects going on that I don't support but I don't spend every minute attacking them and their supporters. Your simply causing division in the grassroots by attacking people who like you support Ron Paul. This blimp is one of the most state of the art blimps in the world and has given us tons of exposure for Ron Paul.

You can make things up like saying we're wasting money and accusing them of flying in places that make no difference if that's what you want. I like your idea about flying to New York, that's genius so they can have another banner torn off by bad weather? I think they would be wise not to take your advice on where or what to do at all. It's disappointing that you choose to attack another project on the forums instead of going and supporting one you like.
All your achieving is dividing Ron Paul supporters, thanks a lot.

Save the Ron Paul Blimp! Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Bump for the blimp.

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp! For details on/about the blimp to www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Cowlesy
12-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Come'on guys, keep it civil.

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Bump for the blimp.

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp! For details on the blimp's status and to send money go to www.RonPaulBlimp.com

FreeTraveler
12-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Since I learned to use the ignore feature, these threads seem perfectly civil to me. :)

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Since I learned to use the ignore feature, these threads seem perfectly civil to me. :)

Haha

kutibah
12-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Bump

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Bump for the blimp!

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp. Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

If you have question about the blimp ask them in this thread, many have already been answered you might find. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=65516

Cyclone
12-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Bump for the blimp and for getting five thousand dollars today.

Instead of getting angry at folks for asking questions, how about getting angry at the blimp folks for not providing answers. They say they need money in three days and will get to answers in four. Things don't work that way. People don't usually part with their money unless they know what they are buying. It is the blimp team's actions that are hurting the blimp, not the people who ask reasonable questions.

For example:

1. What are they negotiating a settlement about, why have you been sued or whatever happened, what did happen, how much money is it costing you and is that money coming out of donations? Reasonable question one should get answered before donating to the blimp.

2. Are we paying for down time? If the blimp team's inexperience keeps trying to fly the blimp into places it physically cannot go due to weather and then they are forced to return to the hangar due to that error, that is something folks should know before paying this crew to run a blimp company. Reasonable question one should know before donating to the blimp.

3. Is it legal now that they have changed their advertising purchasing scheme to donate or whatever you want to call it, give money to the the blimp team, to keep this thing in the air? Reasonable question one should know before donating to what could be an illegal campaign contribution.

4. Can we get an accounting of how the money has been spent so far? Again, reasonable question one should get answered before donating to the blimp.

I can't think of others right now, but go to those other forums, go to the Q & A section that the blimp team refuses to even enter anymore.

I just thought of one.

5. Why won't you answer any questions? Again, a reasonable question one might have before donating to the blimp team.

You see, a lot of people on here with money are adults who have come and gone and seen all sorts of schemes in their lives that are not worthy of donations. They just want to know if this is an up front organization that is willing to tell folks what is going on, or are they going to hide everything and just ask us to trust them. If it is the latter, I am afraid you are going to have a very hard time getting any money for this project.

Worse yet, the team has not responded to any questions at all even though they promised to many many days ago. This kind of behavior leads to MIStrust and then people won't even give a penny.

So, go send emails to Trevor and company and yell at them. Ask them why they won't provide answers. But since they are all gone and will not be back for four days or so, as they themselves stated, you might have a hard time.

You are losing donations all over the place and it is NOT the fault of the donors. In fact, in one thread a guy offered the blimp team five thousand dollars, but all he wanted was a few answers - nothing outlandish. Nothing personal. No questions about their love lives, just questions about where his money was going and how it would be used. To date, the questions have been ignored.

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 09:25 PM
As I said if you want your questions actually answered post them here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=65516
Umm.. by the way your #2 and #3 questioned have been answered there...
I dunno about your #1 question... but its a legal issue, ask their lawyer.
You can ask the #4 question there.. if you really want the answer.
Your #5 question is a question about questions which many they have already answered so I can't help you there. ;/

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Bump for the Blimp.

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp, details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

corsairtro
12-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Why does the blimp lease cost $350,000 a month. Do blimps cost $4.2MM to purchase from manufactures (1 year break even)?

Mahkato
12-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Why does the blimp lease cost $350,000 a month. Do blimps cost $4.2MM to purchase from manufactures (1 year break even)?

It's not like all of the blimp company employees are working for free. It costs a lot of money to stage something like this, especially on short notice.

RCA
12-28-2007, 11:12 PM
blimp

NerveShocker
12-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Bump for the blimp! For all those people who have said the blimp people aren't answered questions you are 110% wrong. The "settlement" is a myth made up by who knows who... Mckarnin has stated there is NO settlement and that all she said is they has things to settle...
As for the legality of the changes to the website all that has been changed is a few words of which their lawyers made sure where legal before changing. They simply decided they didn't like the way they had worded things at first and the new wording is 110% legal... If you have any other questions for the blimp crew Mckarnin is answered questions right now in the blimp sub forums.

The blimp is currently headed to Orlando, Florida. I hope this ends all controversy about the blimp crew and what is going on with them. As I assumed from the start all of this confusion is just a misunderstanding... The answers to all your questions can be found here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=65516&page=7 If you can't find the answer McKarnin is answering questions right now so feel free to ask her.

NerveShocker
12-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Bump for the blimp.. Everyone who has had any questions about the blimp needs to see this info. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=65516&page=7

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp!!! Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.Com

NerveShocker
12-29-2007, 10:10 AM
All the questions have been answered now everyone, if you haven't already please.. now is the time to get fully behind the blimp. If you still don't want to fund it that's fine but the attacks have to stop. If you support the blimp and want to keep it airborne (Right now its on its way to Orlando) please bump this thread... the time to raise money is running out and the answers many requested have been responded to here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=65516&page=7

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp! Details and a new video at www.RonPaulBlimp.Com

scooter
12-29-2007, 10:29 AM
It does seem that this blimp is always a little bit of money "to go" before something happens.

Why didn't it go up to NH?

all4one
12-29-2007, 10:32 AM
1-up

Mckarnin
12-29-2007, 11:53 AM
(1) What is the name of the company that is selling blimp time?

Liberty Political Advertising

(2) In what state is this company registered?

Missouri

(3) Who are the principal owners of this company?

Trevor Lyman, Elijah Lynn, Jerry Collette

(4) Why was all mention of "Liberty Political Advertising" removed from the web site?

There were errors in the paperwork/structure of the company that needed to be fixed. Now they are fixed and the name can be added back to the website.

(5) Weren't you given over $400,000 in pledges for the blimp before December 1st? What happened to that money?

Unfortunately not all of the pledges (promises to give money) were real. All the sponsorships (actual money received) for the blimp project are listed in the totals on the website.

NerveShocker
12-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Bump for the blimp.

Save the Ron Paul Blimp! Details + New video at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

kutibah
12-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Bump

NerveShocker
12-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Bump for the blimp!

Save the most revolutionary project we have, the Ron Paul Blimp! Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Let's do a pledge for the blimp. Like $10 each or something.

Ilhaguru
12-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, throw the money out of the Blimps windows instead
flying it to the places where it would make a difference.

Go ahead - waste the money. We all are with you - AS YOU CAN SEE
IN THE DECREASE OF BLIMP-DONATIONS,

GENIUS! :)

FLORIDA is a waste??? Have you ever been there???

Why in the F don't you ignore the blimp if you don't like it???? Then you accuse others of spamming!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop being ridiculous!

DirtMcGirt
12-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Blimp is in the air says gps tracker!!!

bonium
12-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Come on guys, give up Starbucks for a week!

We need the blimp!

MalcolmGandi
12-29-2007, 03:54 PM
blimpin ain't easy.

RCA
12-29-2007, 05:39 PM
EXACTLY $50,000 to go!

We only need $1000 Patriots to chip in $50!!

Spread the word amongst your Meetup Groups, Family & Friends!!!

gecko42
12-29-2007, 05:50 PM
double your money in the matching thread!

Margo37
12-30-2007, 08:50 PM

bump

dc74rp
12-31-2007, 11:11 PM
I already posted this in another thread, but since I see the same bull going on here, I'll post it again:

Cyclone,

While it is understandable for people to be wary of how they use thier money, especially in how it relates to campaign finance, through the Private Messages you've sent me it's clear that either:

1: You have almost no understanding of how the law works, but will make claims you do anyway, or......

2: You are just so against the Blimp, you're asking questions and making statements is not for the purpose of recieving answers to satisfy real concerns, but to fight against the Blimp project.

You don't understand the law, you cannot cite any laws that would make it illegal for individuals to sponsor the Blimp, yet you are unwilling to accept valid answers, and don't take the time to actually comprehend the answers given. I am not advocating people sponsoring the Blimp, but I am interested in Paul supports at least having as accurate infomation on it and being in a position to make an informed choice in the matter.

While I am not a lawyer, and I am not going to advise anybody on what they should do with thier money, or that I am qualified to give legal advice, I will state that in my opinion, if you have any questions about independent expenditures by individuals, a good place to start looking for answers is in my post #50 earlier in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=732085#post732085

This is not the whole post, but I'll quote a short excerpt below:

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer! This is not legal advice, as I am in no way qualified to give any legal advice. I've been told there's alot to it, and someone qualified to give legal advice should be consulted. In addition, this information does not refer to donations or contributions to an organization or candidate, only to independent expenditures.

That said, I found these on the FEC site:

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/citizens.shtml#ie

Independent Expenditures

Independent expenditures provide yet another way to support Federal candidates. An independent expenditure is money spent for a communication that expressly advocates the election or defeat of a clearly identified Federal candidate. It is "independent" only if the individual making the expenditure does not coordinate or consult in any way with the candidate or campaign (or agent of the candidate or campaign) benefiting from the communication. Independent expenditures are not considered contributions and are unlimited. You may spend any amount on each communication as long as the expenditure is truly independent.

You may, for example, pay for an advertisement in a newspaper or on the radio urging the public to vote for the candidate you want elected. Or you may produce and distribute posters or yard signs telling people not to vote for a candidate you oppose.

When making an independent expenditure, you must include a notice stating that you have paid for the communication and that it is not authorized by any candidate's committee. ("Paid for by John Doe and not authorized by any candidate's committee.") Additionally, once you spend more than $250 during a calendar year on independent expenditures with respect to a given election, you must file a report with the Federal Election Commission (either FEC Form 5 at http://www.fec.gov/pdf/forms/fecfrm5.pdf , or a signed statement containing the same information).

Because this brief explanation does not cover all you need to know about independent expenditures, contact the Commission for more information.

Since before the Blimp project was first changed to a for profit company (which I thought was a smart move), people who had just joined this site and had very few posts started trying to raise doubts or even ouright attack the Blimp. To have doubts and concerns is valid. Everyone should be looking out to make sure they're doing the right thing with thier money and stay out of trouble. But in the time I spend reading here, I see alot of people vehemently trying to get people riled up about this or that, and instigate them to do things that would hurt the campaign. I cannot claim there aren't Paul supporters who go on to sites of other candidates supporters and stir up trouble, so I realize some of us here are guilty too. But we need to realize not every who comes on this board and tries to rally people to bomb some offender with emails or boycott some project has the best interest of the Paul campaign at heart.

Each of us needs to take a step back from the "mob mentality" of getting all riled up and joining a stampede. Take a breath, gather what the known facts are. Take your time to evaluate the information you have, and the methods used by the people who are providing the info. Is someone simply trying to inform or rally to action? Or are they trying to BS you, ignoring or attacking valid arguments and info that would make people see the situation more clearly?

I have no doubt this board has quite a few infiltrators. I'm not going to accuse any particular posters, and likely many who advocate positions that might undermine the campaign are simply mistaken or have fallen for the arguments of an infiltrator.

Again, I'm not advocating support of the Blimp. It very well may be true that there are valid reasons to not send your money to the Blimp people. But let's base our decisions on reason, not rumor and attacks. Unlike posters here who I have no idea what thier commitment or credentials are, I know Trevor Lyman is a Paul supporter who has proved his value to the Paul campaign, and he's recruited Brad Smith who used to be the Director of the FEC.

And yet we have posters trying to act like the Blimp people are trying to lure Paul supports into sponsoring the Blimp in violation of FEC regulations and get them thrown in jail? Yet can't cite any law or court case to back up thier claims? Agian, there may be problems with the Blimp, and it's correct to be cautious, but if someones going to critisize the project, at least give valid concerns and be willing to accept valid answers.