PDA

View Full Version : Letters to the editor

B964
07-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I just got a call from the local newspaper. They were confirming my approval to publish my letter. I had sent in two. The woman said the editor liked them both but, they can only run one per person every 30 days. She said it was the one that started with "America wants a change". That should be the one with Dr. Pauls name in it serveral times and his brief overview of issues.
I did not save my drafts so Ill have to wait until it is printed to post it.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!

I am somewhat poor at writing, grammer and spelling, but the passion I feel over Ron Paul has help overcome that.
HOL* SH** !!! My high school english teachers would never, ever believe it either.

DeadheadForPaul
07-11-2007, 01:26 PM
I just got a call from the local newspaper. They were confirming my approval to publish my letter. I had sent in two. The woman said the editor liked them both but, they can only run one per person every 30 days. She said it was the one that started with "America wants a change". That should be the one with Dr. Pauls name in it serveral times and his brief overview of issues.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!

I am somewhat poor at writing, grammer and spelling, but the passion I feel over Ron Paul has help overcome that.
HOL* SH** !!! My high school english teachers would never, ever believe it either.

Great work! That's what I'm talkin about

BLS
07-11-2007, 01:30 PM
You don't have a copy of the email in your "sent items"??

B964
07-11-2007, 01:47 PM
You don't have a copy of the email in your "sent items"??

It was writen on the papers web site for letters submissions, it was not e-mailed.
I don't know when it will be out but it will be on line also.

quickmike
07-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Thats awesome!!! Congrats.

Was it a hand written letter or did you email it?

You have inspired me to do something similar with my local paper here in Decatur, IL

edit - didnt see the last post .......... nevermind

RonPaulGetsIt
07-11-2007, 01:58 PM
which paper? ill keep an eye out for it

Highmesa
07-11-2007, 02:01 PM

Don't worry. My experience with LTE editors (usually bottom of the barrel) is that they will find a way to make it worse, and change the menaing of what you wrote. ;)

klamath
07-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Good job! I got a letter printed in American conservative Magazine this month. and I did say I was supporting Ron Paul. I don't subscribe so I haven't seen it. Of course that might be preaching to the Choir. If anyone subscribes I would be interested if you have seen it.

B964
07-11-2007, 02:03 PM
which paper? ill keep an eye out for it
Binghamton NY. The Press and Sun Bulletin. www.pressconnects.com

JaylieWoW
07-11-2007, 02:12 PM

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!

AWESOME!!

I've had a submission approved before too, I know how excited you are!

Don't worry about the grammar & spelling and expect it to be edited somewhat as well. I expected a hatchet job from my main point but I was rather pleased at the final result.

Elwar
07-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Great job, anyone else wanting to write a letter to the editor please join us in this pledge to have 100 people writing letters to the editor to our local papers.

The pledge ends August 1st and we're only a quarter of the way there.

http://www.pledgebank.com/RPletter2editor