PDA

View Full Version : Diggers: Kucinich vs Paul...supporter is considering switching!

Highstreet
12-28-2007, 02:22 PM
h ttp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Dennis_Kucinich_vs_Ron_Paul_2

He gives very good, common sense, reasons why he is considering Paul.

Bump it to the front page and convert some more Dems.

ExpatinArgentina
12-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Dugg

Highstreet
12-28-2007, 02:29 PM
bump

knappz
12-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Dugg

JohnnyWrath
12-28-2007, 02:36 PM
dugg

Oliver
12-28-2007, 02:38 PM
h ttp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Dennis_Kucinich_vs_Ron_Paul_2

He gives very good, common sense, reasons why he is considering Paul.

Bump it to the front page and convert some more Dems.

My estimation is that Dennis will endorse Ron once he drops out
of the race - or the other way around. But the first case seems far
more realistic to me...

kushaze
12-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Digged it.

Mark
12-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Doug.

Found the article:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_bill_dou_071218_confessions_of_a_def.htm

Excerpts - From the Digg Article - Excellent points:

http://justanothercoverup.com/?p=354
Confessions of a Defecting Democrat — Why Ron Paul is the Perfect Candidate, and How Left Media Will be USED to Attack

by Bill Douglas (http://www.opednews.com/author/author2170.html)

http://www.opednews.com (http://www.opednews.com/)

(Excerpts)

Ron Paul is threatening the American military empire in ways no Democrat of our time has ever been able to do. I don’t diminish Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel’s efforts, they have been courageous. However, they are limited by their party.
However, if Ron Paul gets elected, all US troops from worldwide will be ordered home. The oppression of developing country workers by corrupt governments backed up by the CIA and US military will die a timely death. Workers will organize, and slave labor markets, which drive down the US worker’s standard of living will be no more.

Since over 50% of US federal discretionary spending goes to military, President Ron Paul’s actions will result in a deluge of savings that will dramatically improve the standard of living in America. Democrats would NEVER make such a change, at least not the ones the Party doesn’t silence with their many dirty tricks.

Ron Paul’s supporters are a very diverse crowd, some of whom I disagree with on many issues as a liberal progressive. However, Paul’s commitment to the constitution, the limits of government’s ability to spy on me and to use my taxes to attack poor people in other nations so that corporations can loot their resources and/or use them as slave labor to force my standard of living farther down, down down . . . is something that many people who disagree with me on many other things can agree with me on.

Ron Paul is the perfect candidate. He is pro freedom. He does not believe in the Washington running our lives. He cannot be attacked by the gun lobby. He cannot be attacked by the anti-abortion lobby. Because he doesn’t believe that Washington is the arbiter on such issues of personal freedom. I have been a supporter of gun control for years. But, after I’ve seen what I’ve seen since 2000 and 9/11/2001, I realize we have much more to fear from the dissolution of democracy and the emergence of a totalitarian torture state, than we do from people owing guns. (This is an article you don’t want to miss.) MUCH MORE (http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_bill_dou_071218_confessions_of_a_def.htm)

Am I switching candidates right now? No! I do wish I was on the Kucinich campaign staff so that Mr. Kucinich could receive the advice he needs to win this Presidency - and that’s sending out a message to America that our constitution is sacred, he needs to address the fascism that is already present in our country and talk with brutal honesty; being “politically correct” will not win this election - unless Hillary does get the White House, and then as the author describes above, we will have the same military industrial complex and endless war that is bankrupting this country.

These are dangerous times, the laws and executive orders are in place where Bush could declare himself the ultimate voice as it concerns our lives - and a candidate pointing this out to the country would wake-up millions that are still complacent and unaware of how fragile the very foundation of liberty, equality, and even the barest of civil rights is - and it’s on the brink of total collapse!
We need truth and facts, and a Presidential candidate should point out these facts in the debates that the MSM is lying to America, thereby exposing fascisms ugly head. (If the statements are cut from the televised debate, then a paid political commercial should follow, and the networks are obliged to run paid political advertisements whether they like it or not.) Ron Paul isn’t mincing words, and it’s ordinary citizens who are raising his money, not the Political Pacs and other corporate contributors. I see Ron Paul’s unprecedented rise because he has been brutally honest, he boldly speaks of fascism in America - and it’s that kind of language that gets peoples attention.

I still look upon Ron Paul as a Republican, and whether I like it or not, I’ve seen enough of the Republican Party whereby I am suspicious of anything tied to the GOP, however, if Dennis Kucinich doesn’t get off his butt and start talking in terms where he garners the type of outpouring the Paul campaign is experiencing, he will be put away by the Democratic Party and the MSM, effectively silencing him from reaching people who know too little about what he really stands for, and promises to do if elected President.
I’m hoping the Kucinich campaign staff will wake-up and bring our candidate into the open as the Paul campaign has done, but Ron Paul earned it by refusing to be politically correct, and he had the guts to speak in terms that no other candidate has - and his pledge to return to our constitutional values is appealing to millions. I’ll stick with Dennis Kucinich until I believe that he is so marginalized that he doesn’t have a chance, and if that occurs, then it’s Ron Paul I would support. I have no partisan loyalties, and only wish to see this country return to our constitutional values, and whether it Kucinich or Paul, one of the two are the only chance that we have to pull ourselves out of the bowels of fascism.

William Cormier

Footnote: For as long as I can remember, Americans going to the voting booths don’t have to vote for the “lesser of the two evils” rather than a candidate that holds true promise for all of the American people, not just the wealthy and corporate interests. I want Kucinich to win, but if he is handed a defeat in the democratic primaries - then what? Do we vote to keep America free and return to our constitutional values and the rule of law, or vote for one of the candidates pre-chosen by the MSM and the Democratic and Republican Conventions, both who favor big business over the American people. We are at the tipping point in this grand experiment called democracy, and only the vision of one of the two above named candidates holds promise for liberty and freedom, and I will not allow myself to become involved in partisanship when the very survival of this great nation is at stake!

justatrey
12-28-2007, 03:01 PM
dugg

ClayTrainor
12-28-2007, 03:03 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Dennis_Kucinich_vs_Ron_Paul_2

I dont think you need to break digg links.

Dugg :)