PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Validation of Election.

XelR8r
12-28-2007, 01:56 AM
I just heard Fred Barnes say on Fox that Mussharaf failed to hold fair elections because he refused to allow foreign oversight of the process.

Does the USA have UN oversight of our elections?

If not, are they then unfair?

Can we get our foreign Ron Paul brothers to form a group to request to oversee U.S. election results for fairness?

Would GWB refuse, thus validating Mussharaf, or allow our people to audit the results?

Hmmmmm.....

Mark Rushmore
12-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Hmm... would I rather have Diebold or the UN choosing the next President?

It's a tough call.

xCakex
12-28-2007, 02:13 AM
Blimp for great justice!

BlCkDeAtH
12-28-2007, 02:14 AM
Mark, what usually happens is a delegation is sent from different countries as observers. These people just go to the polling stations and see if there is any intimidation or ballots not being counted or stuffed and they document it. And the delegation, as far as I know, is never sent under the auspices of the UN.

These observers were instrumental in beginning of the Orange Revolution in Ukraine and I think it'd be great to have them here, so that things like Florida 2000 and Ohio 2004 are properly documented and reported.

Mark Rushmore
12-28-2007, 02:35 AM
These observers were instrumental in beginning of the Orange Revolution in Ukraine.

That's my concern. ;)

But to be serious: I'm a huge proponent of more open, more transparent, more accountable, more secure, and more verifiable elections. I would just hope we could come together as Americans not only to demand this, but to manage, provide for, and observe it ourselves. Just seems like the elections might not be the problem anymore if the only solution to fair voting is foreign observers.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-28-2007, 03:03 AM
Hmm... would I rather have Diebold or the UN choosing the next President?

It's a tough call.

You mean there's a difference?