PDA

View Full Version : Buying tickets for Iowa?

dspectre
07-11-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't know, is this really Ron Paul's message?

I have some reservations about it. I think one of the great qualities of RP is that he doesn't compromise himself.

One thing is that if we buy these tickets for people, it doesn't guarantee they will vote for RP either.

DeadheadForPaul
07-11-2007, 10:07 AM
How does buying ticket compromise his message? This is not a legitimate election so it is not like we are rigging a REAL election. The purpose of it is for candidates and organizations to buy tickets and distribute them in order to show how much support they have!

It would honestly be stupid to not play the game. There is a difference between being principled and being stubborn.

If we want Paul to become a top tier candidate, we NEED this. I truly believe that we will not have a prayer in the primaries if we do not secure at least a somewhat respectable showing in the Iowa straw poll because it is a reflection of how much the GOP base in Iowa supports a candidate. People look at this poll and consider it to be a major influence on the primariers

I strongly recommend that all supporters email or call the campaign and encourage them to play the game like all the other candidates are doing. Tell them in person if you're at a RP speech

UtahApocalypse
07-11-2007, 10:33 AM
How does buying ticket compromise his message? This is not a legitimate election so it is not like we are rigging a REAL election. The purpose of it is for candidates and organizations to buy tickets and distribute them in order to show how much support they have!

It would honestly be stupid to not play the game. There is a difference between being principled and being stubborn.

If we want Paul to become a top tier candidate, we NEED this. I truly believe that we will not have a prayer in the primaries if we do not secure at least a somewhat respectable showing in the Iowa straw poll because it is a reflection of how much the GOP base in Iowa supports a candidate. People look at this poll and consider it to be a major influence on the primariers

I strongly recommend that all supporters email or call the campaign and encourage them to play the game like all the other candidates are doing. Tell them in person if you're at a RP speech

I agree mostly with your points. This is how the Ames Straw poll works. The way you win is by bringing the most to vote for you. That may mean buying the tickets, busing them in, and feeding them.

We have to show we can organize our efforts and get that 10,000 supporters there. We need to manage the tickets, transport, and extras. If we don't work hard and together we will not win this poll.

Lastly, DO NOT bug the campaign about this. They have made it clear they cannot afford to buy the tickets. This OUR job, we have to pull this off with a grassroots effort. The campaign will help where they can, but the ball is in OUR court.