PDA

View Full Version : Academic Paper on the Ron Paul R[EVOL]ution - Looking for people to interview

ChristopherBearkat
12-28-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm not sure where this should go, so I'm putting it here. Feel free to move it.

(ahem)

Hi. I'm a senior political science student at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas. I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in helping with an academic paper I'm going to write. (And with a little luck, be published in an academic journal)

A lot of pundits are dumbfounded as to how somebody who is outside the establishment of a political party, who has very low poll numbers, and who is ignored by the media can have so much grassroots support. One would assume by the polls that he has no support, but as we all know $6 million doesn't just magically appear!

My paper will show what differentiates the Ron Paul grassroots campaign with other campaigns and show why the R[EVOL]ution model won't work with other candidates. We've seen repeated attempts by other camps to mimic the Revolution's tactics with no avail. We've also never seen anything like this.

The hypothesis is that because the views of Dr. Paul and his supporters were cast out by the traditional camp (See Fox News Debate Rudy VS Dr. Paul), supporters linked to each other through the world wide web and engaged in grassroots guerrilla campaigning. (Examples include the Nov 5th, Dec 16th Moneybombs, Ron Paul Blimps, Use of YouTube and Digg)

---

What I'm asking is if people would be willing to be interviewed as part of my research. You'd have to willing to give me your real name. The earlier you've been involved in the campaign the better. If you'd be willing to be interviewed, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Christopher Whitaker

Bryan
12-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Bump for moving into more suitable sub-forum. :)