PDA

View Full Version : Operation Olive Branch

curtisehler
12-28-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm looking to gauge interest in a new project.

Ron Paul supporters grouping together to coordinate a plan of action on attracting competing candidates' supporters after their candidate drops out of the race.

It is always a difficult game to play- attacking one candidate's policies early in the campaign only to need to find common ground with that candidate's policies once they announce their exit. Let's take some time to put this all together so that the opposing candidates' supporters have us in mind after Iowa, New Hampshire, and beyond.

Who's in?

Scott Wilson
12-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Very hard to identify who is a supporter of who unless you ask each individual or see a sticker or yard sign.

I think it is a better use of energies to simply hand out literature with a smile everywhere you go or go door to door, phonebank, write letters or man a booth somewhere.

Paul4Prez
12-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Tancredo's already dropped out, and his supporters aren't that far off.

Duncan Hunters is probably next, and also fairly close.

Fred Thompson will probably be the first big name to drop out, and his supporters tend to believe in Constitutional federalism and fiscal responsibility....

Scott Wilson
12-28-2007, 01:15 AM
I doubt Fred would even consider dropping out until after Super Tuesday.

His campaign is hoping to carry Tennessee and they have a lot of support here. I expect his percentage to rise in other states as Super Tuesday approaches.

Bradley in DC
12-28-2007, 01:21 AM
We should be working on our pitches to the supporters for all of the other candidates--not only for when the candidates drop out but for when we each come across their supporters and are prepared to make our pitches.

curtisehler
12-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Thank you, everyone.

I will message anyonewho is interested tomorrow on how we can start setting this project in motion.

I look forward to talking with all of you soon.

Goodnight :).