PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, just got a response back from a letter I mailed to Iowa

RCA
12-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Here's the emailed response that I just received:

"I would first like to commend you on your support of politics and the very soon up coming presidential election. I have noticed in the letter I received I was listed as having no party affiliation. To be completely honest, when I registered I could not have cared less about the Democratic, Republican, or Independent parties. However, after maturing and taking on more responsibility I have started to from opinions about such stated parties. After the last 7 years of having a Republican president, I can say I am completely and utterly disgusted with the republican party. There have been far too many mistakes and misleading information generated through this administration. I feel that not enough was done in retaliation to 9/11 and after the hunt in Afghanistan started to bog down, attention had to be quickly diverted to dictator who "possessed" weapons mass destruction. I find it very ironic that a man who has investments and interests in the oil industry was not at all swayed by the oil rich wells that make up Iraq. I also have a hard time believing that another Texas Republican will not share most, if not all of same values as the current president. I would also like to rebut a few of your statements concerning Dr. Ron Paul.

1. In Congress, Dr. Ron Paul has never voted to raise taxes.
-That's great, has he ever voted to ease taxes on the lower and middle classes?

2. He served 5 years in the Military as a flight surgeon.
-I love and support our fighting Military men and women along with their families, but why does that make him any better than the next candidate who didn't sever in the Military?

3. He is consistently named the "Taxpayer's Best Friend"
-No political candidate will ever be a taxpayer's friend, some where in fine print there is an exception.

4. He is truly an honest politician.
-No one on this earth is a Saint, I don't believe there will ever be a "truly honest" politician, or person for that matter.

Needless to say, I will be voting for John Edwards of the Democratic party. I appreciate his values and ideals, he has what it takes to better this country.

Regards,
Matthew

P.S. If you are campaigning for political support of a candidate, it's better to start off by spelling the name of the person you are addressing, correctly."

DanConway
12-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Can't win 'em all. Don't need to win more than 1 in 50.

You might email him back and cite the Tax Free Tips Act, though. Couldn't hurt.

Mark Rushmore
12-28-2007, 12:31 AM
For some reason, I think just getting a response to my letters would feel like a victory - whatever the response was. To be discussing politics in any context with a complete stranger from across the country seems like a victory for the American people.

bgky4paul
12-28-2007, 12:32 AM
This is not all bad! Use this as an opportunity to engage and educate. There is a reason this person reached out to you. Take the opportunity.

RP-Republican
can't win them all

Just Come Home
This is why I directed people to google the same videos that turned me onto Ron Paul:

Google: Ron Paul Stop Dreaming
Google: Ron Paul Don't Tread
Google: Ron Paul New Hope

When people see these videos, they don't instantly think of arguments to use against Dr. Paul. They think, "I need to learn more."

Ibgamer
Nice try but like the poster above said, you cant win them all!

hellah10
12-28-2007, 12:33 AM
well at least people are reading the letters!

davidhperry
If you have his email, send him some of aravoth's videos. I've converted a lot of people that way - the videos cover a lot of issues and are very comprehensive.

skinzterpswizfan
That's a shame, because he actually seems to share the same values as Ron Paul, he's just too blind to see that.

FreedomLover
12-28-2007, 12:35 AM
John Edwards of the Democratic party. I appreciate his values and ideals, he has what it takes to better this country.

This is such a canned statement that it has lost all meaning. I would never take anyway seriously who says the "he has what it takes" line without a reason why.

Perhaps he appreciates his hypocrisy? 400$ haircuts, his own hedge fund, and yet he still pretends he's the poor man's savior.

rachmiel
12-28-2007, 12:36 AM
P.S. If you are campaigning for political support of a candidate, it's better to start off by spelling the name of the person you are addressing, correctly."

He's taken by arguably the most shallow, shape-shifting Dem of them all, and he's a snot to boot. So don't feel bad - some people are impossible to reach. Thanks for your letter-writing efforts. :)

Mental Dribble
12-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Ask him how many tiems Edwards voted to ease taxes... haha hes already made up his mind, hes not being rational. I say that not becuase he is supporting someone else but because hes lumping all rebulicans into the same group, not taking people on their personal credientials and sights issues that Edwards is not even on his side of the camp with!

No biggy. Good work on letter writing!

Yom
12-28-2007, 12:37 AM
This is actually a good opportunity. All of her points are just skepticism, and I'm sure she could be won over if you replied with a detailed explanation of Ron Paul's plans and views. How he's more anti-Iraq War than any (save maybe Kucinich) Democrat, how he wants to, and can legitimately abolish the income tax (reference the fact that revenue would only be at 2000 levels), and that he wants to reduce U.S. intervention overseas in general, saving the tax payers about $500 billion/year.

Birdlady
12-28-2007, 12:38 AM

"I would first like to commend you on your support of politics and the very soon up coming presidential election. I have noticed in the letter I received I was listed as having no party affiliation. To be completely honest, when I registered I could not have cared less about the Democratic, Republican, or Independent parties. However, after maturing and taking on more responsibility I have started to from opinions about such stated parties. After the last 7 years of having a Republican president, I can say I am completely and utterly disgusted with the republican party. There have been far too many mistakes and misleading information generated through this administration. I feel that not enough was done in retaliation to 9/11 and after the hunt in Afghanistan started to bog down, attention had to be quickly diverted to dictator who "possessed" weapons mass destruction. I find it very ironic that a man who has investments and interests in the oil industry was not at all swayed by the oil rich wells that make up Iraq. I also have a hard time believing that another Texas Republican will not share most, if not all of same values as the current president. I would also like to rebut a few of your statements concerning Dr. Ron Paul.

-I love and support our fighting Military men and women along with their families, but why does that make him any better than the next candidate who didn't sever in the Military?

-No political candidate will ever be a taxpayer's friend, some where in fine print there is an exception.

-No one on this earth is a Saint, I don't believe there will ever be a "truly honest" politician, or person for that matter.

Needless to say, I will be voting for John Edwards of the Democratic party. I appreciate his values and ideals, he has what it takes to better this country.

Regards,
Matthew

Well if this man would actually look into RP, he would agree with him on the issues.

However, I am willing to bet that even IF you showed him that, he would engage in double think and still vote for Edwards just to spite you.

RPinSEAZ
12-28-2007, 12:39 AM
It's cool you got a response back. I would write him back just once in an effort to resolve his problems with Paul, DO NOT bash Edwards. If you don't win him over it's no big deal because he's going to caucus for a democrat.

Energy
12-28-2007, 12:42 AM
If I were you, I'd reply and politely engage with facts about Ron's foreign policy, which seems in line with the guy's thoughts on Bin Laden and Iraq. And send youtube videos. He might very well thank you for doing what old media failed to do.

Slick Ron Paul converting email example of "Winning Friends and Influencing People":

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=59865

brumans
12-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Send a message back and give him the facts.

krott5333
12-28-2007, 12:44 AM
it just shows that your letters are actually being read!

pacelli
12-28-2007, 12:49 AM

Regards,
Matthew

This is useful information to improve our technique. This guy is intelligent enough and has thought about politics enough to need more detail about our candidate than can be provided in single sentences on his policy stances.

Obviously the rub is that you would have to motivate the guy to check the web or mail / hand him the information. But given this guy's overt disgust with the republican party and the reputation that Bush has given to politicians from Texas, I doubt he'd even bother taking the time to check it out. And, he's already made up his mind to go Edwards.

No love lost, Edwards will bring more war and big government. Sad, but, move on. Just take it as feedback - the name problem didn't help him remain objective either.

kill the banks
12-28-2007, 12:51 AM
>After the last 7 years of having a Republican president, I can say I am completely and utterly disgusted with the republican party<

so is ron paul imo ... educate him politely and think it out well ; obviously he has not researched this texan ... ! [perhaps he will exchange emails to discuss it] don't force

kill the banks

tmg19103
12-28-2007, 12:52 AM
I think you can get this guy. If not, at least he is voting Dem. in the primaries.

Once the general election comes around and he gets more educated to RP, that is where his vote will go.

Funny thing - I got the same "Texas Republican" from someone before. I converted the person by explaining how and why Bush was involved in trying to NOT get RP re-elected to Congress.

pacelli
12-28-2007, 12:58 AM
I do agree about the video suggestion-- ONE of the videos where paul is talking alot and there isn't a heavy music theme.

Trigonx
12-28-2007, 12:58 AM
I hate how Bush has given Republicans a BAD BAD name, but has given republicans from Texas an even worse name.

RCA
12-28-2007, 01:02 AM
My response:

"Matthew,

Wow, thanks for writing back! Sorry for any misspelling as I was rushing to get 100 letters mailed out on Christmas Eve. I'm glad to hear that you are also involved in the political process. For me, this will be my first election voting (I'm 30). The current state of America, combined with Dr. Paul's message of freedom, peace and prosperity are what got me off the couch so to speak. Needless to say, I understand your frustrations with "W" and all the other neocon, war-mongering Republicans. Did you know that Ron Paul voted against the Iraq War before it started? He also wants to get rid of the IRS and the Federal Income Tax.

Unlike Bush, Ron represents the traditional conservative wing of the Republican Party, similar to Barry Goldwater & Robert Taft. Traditional conservatives strive to "conserve" America's values by following our Constitution without question. Over the holidays, I urge you to watch these three videos about Ron Paul:

Ron Paul - Stop Dreaming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

Ron Paul - Don't Tread on Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_HuFtP8w8

Ron Paul - A New Hope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

Also, you have to realize that the media is trying their best to stop Ron Paul from getting elected. Why? Because he is a non-establishment, non-CFR (Council on Foreign Relations) member who will bring real change to this country. Change that we haven't seen for almost 100 years. Thanks again for your time and consideration and Happy New Year!"

urimind
12-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Thank you for taking the time to write people. His response shows his frustration with politics and the republican party, so you should defenetly follow up and awnser his questions at length. Be polite, cite your sources, and explain. You can do it!!

Unspun
12-28-2007, 01:07 AM
Write him back debating your points. Remember, you must create the discussion, and get your argument out there. Don't be discouraged about this use this to educate now that you got him interested enough to write you back. You got his attention, now just make your case and you can not lose.

Soccrmastr
12-28-2007, 01:08 AM
LOL that persons a noob. They didnt even research Ron Paul, as half his arguments can be countered easily. Plus he was bullshitting like "fine print" etc. He doesn't realize Ron Paul is not the usual Republican running for president.

michaelwise
12-28-2007, 01:12 AM
I think I would start the letter off by saying; Ron Paul is the Last Living Statesman Alive in Washington Running for President. This is your last chance to elect the man who can save our country.

michaelwise
12-28-2007, 01:13 AM
I think I would start the letter off by saying; Ron Paul is the Last Living Statesman Alive in Washington Running for President. This is your last chance to elect the man who can save our country.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-28-2007, 01:20 AM

Not the last. Ron being in, will make 20 more people run with his values. It just will be in years for President, sooner for Congress.

Energy
12-28-2007, 01:22 AM
I do agree about the video suggestion-- ONE of the videos where paul is talking alot and there isn't a heavy music theme.

My favorite to use is the Paul vs Giuliani "extraordinary statement" clip, which arguably was the turning point that catapulted his campaign:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7dnFDdwu0

Ron's lucid explanation, a stark contrast to Giuliani's knee-jerk, was what won me over.

McDermit
12-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Funny thing - I got the same "Texas Republican" from someone before. I converted the person by explaining how and why Bush was involved in trying to NOT get RP re-elected to Congress.I learn something new every time I visit these forums.

Do you have more info on that?

daniroyer
12-28-2007, 01:25 AM
At least someone read it. My mom was being horrible and told me not to care about my handwriting since no one was going to read them. I'm just happy none of mine have been returned by the mailman.

We got at least one person to not only read a letter, but to take the time to respond. Take every small victory as a blessing because you can't win the war without them.

BillyFromPhilly
12-28-2007, 01:28 AM
For some reason, I think just getting a response to my letters would feel like a victory - whatever the response was. To be discussing politics in any context with a complete stranger from across the country seems like a victory for the American people.

agreed, that is a great sentiment in a world that is taught that politics and religion are the two things that arent discussed in polite company.

Blow that bullshit old mode of training people how to think to hell.

The Only Woj
12-28-2007, 01:29 AM
1. if he never voted to raise taxes, and is anti-tax, I'm sure he would never vote against tax relief for anyone. which is why he has the "taxpayer's best friend" title.

2. why is serving in the military important? because the President is the Commander in Chief. he can't lower taxes. the Congress can. but he has control of our military. so having served in the military is certainly a leg up over those that have not. you would certainly have a better idea what sacrifices are made by those who serve.

voiceactivated
12-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Anyone who supports John Edwards is a lost cause. I'm afraid he's starry-eyed by all the freebies promised by Dems. In their world, all we have to do is tax the dirty, rotten "rich" and the rest of us will have all our problems solved.

As an aside, I appreciate his admonition about the misspellings. I've noticed astonishing spelling and grammatical errors on these posts. If you lack basic, middle-school level English skills how can you inspire confidence in your readers that you have the mental capacity to engage in political discourse? Honestly, if you don't even know the difference between "their" and "there", or "add" and "ad", then you're going to be written off as an uneducated dolt. When in doubt, please look it up.

all J's in IL for RP
12-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Address the issues he raised. No need to go toe to toe on every point, but counter some of the more egregious misconceptions. He mentioned Bin Laden & 9/11. Along with your Iraq war arguement, state that Ron introduced the Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001 to authorize a constitutional means of fighting terrorism and Bin Laden.

Just saying he'll cut the IRS might leave the impression that some sort of "sales tax" would be imposed to make up the shortfall or is otherwise some scheme to have another "tax cut for the rich". State that Ron's stand against the Fed is in the interest of lower and middle class family as the Feds impact on lowering the value of the dollar have the effect of a regressive tax.

Knightskye
12-28-2007, 01:45 AM
Does every letter have a different message? I thought it was a letter written by the campaign and supporters gave it the handwritten look. Oh boy. Do the letters get reviewed before they're sent? Here's hoping. :O

beobeli
12-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Don't waste time... Send him a link to a video ("New Hope 2") and move on. At this point in the game it is important that this guy is not voting for another republican. Move on...

daniroyer
12-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Does every letter have a different message? I thought it was a letter written by the campaign and supporters gave it the handwritten look. Oh boy. Do the letters get reviewed before they're sent? Here's hoping. :O

Nope. It has nothing to do with the official campaign. Some one made a few templates we can us, but I modified it and made my letters my own. Each was a little different since, based on the addresses, it appeared many of the people on my list lived in the same neighborhood -- even a few next door neighbors!

This is a strictly grassroots thing. Like much of what you hear about Ron Paul! LOL

ThePieSwindler
12-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Heh, John Edwards. Screw that then.

nc4rp
12-28-2007, 02:02 AM
i vote "a New Hope 2" video.

also some will vote for donald duck simply because hes not a republican.

plus you dont know how many were actually impressed with teh letters.

dont worry, move on. sounds liek hes made up his mind for edwards and trying to convert you lol

BeFranklin
12-28-2007, 03:32 AM
///

Joe3113
12-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Just tell them to watch 'The Money Masters' and be sure to explain that Ron Paul will abolish the federal reserve and mr $400 haircut wont

SlapItHigh
12-28-2007, 03:57 AM
You can probably win this guy over yet if you really want to. Address his points, send him some vidoes and ask him what John Edwards is saying about this - http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2006/tst071706.htm

doronster195
12-28-2007, 04:01 AM
I dont know if someone already said this, but, the phrase "Can't win them all" is a terrible excuse for just ignoring this person's points. When you say that you're saying that he has good points and we don't have any counterpoints against them...

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-28-2007, 04:16 AM
nt

CelestialRender
12-28-2007, 04:34 AM
It's a shame you wrote your letter to a total moron. Better luck next time. : P

Joe3113
12-28-2007, 04:37 AM
Dear Matthew,

I enjoyed reading your response and genuinely respect your intentions to select a candidate you feel will do the best job as president. I would like to share with you a few videos of the candidate that has forever changed my political views:

Then include about 100 you tube links of Ron Paul

A link to his local meetup group

And links to every RP web site

This aint good enough. You cant assume they have net access plus you gotta make it easy for them to get the info. Make a nice DVD package for them I reckon. Money Masters included. That way they just chuck it in and press play.

Lucid American
12-28-2007, 08:34 AM

HA! That's all you need to know right there.

Aballistar
12-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Two things:

After the last 7 years of having a Republican president, I can say I am completely and utterly disgusted with the republican party.
Political parties are irrelevant, and I reject the entire notion. Views on issues are the personally held beliefs of an indivdual, not the party he or she happens to belong to. I would vote for a Democrat, a Republican, a Libertarian, a Green Party... etc etc if I agreed with and believed in the person.

I also have a hard time believing that another Texas Republican will not share most, if not all of same values as the current president.

Ron Paul was born and raised in Pennsylvania :P

mosquitobite
12-28-2007, 08:46 AM
HA! That's all you need to know right there.

LOL! So true. Check out the latest Ann Coulter blog to the same point! :D

Arklatex
12-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Write him back saying we don't need an attorney running the country.

Mastiff
12-28-2007, 08:50 AM
IMO, anyone who supports Edwards is a complete lost cause. Everything out of that guy's mouth is completely idiotic from an economic perspective. Move on to the next potential supporter.

tsetsefly
12-28-2007, 08:52 AM

Regards,
Matthew

Respond with, well Edward voted for the Iraq War and patriot act, two things Ron Paul voted against.
Edward like the majority of democratic candidates will continue the war in Iraq, he has already said it will take "time" to withdraw. Ron Paul is the only viable candidate who has promised to order a withdrawals immediatly ...

TooConservative
12-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Big deal, you got a reply from an Edwards supporter with too much time on their hands.

Obviously some variety of ignorant socialist who talking points are stupid beyond belief, especially for someone who thinks John Edwards in any way represents the poor and the middle class by giving high-dollar speeches and working for hedge funds so he can understand the poor better.

Edwards is silliness on steroids.

In the caucuses in Iowa, both Edwards and Ron Paul will need the rural caucus-goers to win. It is their great potential for an upset win. Edwards must win or it's over for him. We only need to do well to stay in the race.

tsetsefly
12-28-2007, 08:58 AM
I learn something new every time I visit these forums.

Do you have more info on that?

The republicans spent $1 million dollars trying to unseat RP the last election, lol since theycoudltn get a republican to oppose him they gave the money to a democrat(i think), i am sure they spent $1 million to unseat him and even karl rove was annoyed that they couldnt get him out, lol....

allyinoh
12-28-2007, 08:59 AM
He knew from the beginning he wasn't interested. He's a Democrat.

He also needs to know that not just the Republicans can go to war. The Democrats voted for it as well.

RPinSEAZ
12-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Don't attack their candidate because it will just close their mind to any of your opinions.

cjhowe
12-28-2007, 09:15 AM
My response:

"Matthew,

Wow, thanks for writing back! Sorry for any misspelling as I was rushing to get 100 letters mailed out on Christmas Eve. I'm glad to hear that you are also involved in the political process. For me, this will be my first election voting (I'm 30). The current state of America, combined with Dr. Paul's message of freedom, peace and prosperity are what got me off the couch so to speak. Needless to say, I understand your frustrations with "W" and all the other neocon, war-mongering Republicans. Did you know that Ron Paul voted against the Iraq War before it started? He also wants to get rid of the IRS and the Federal Income Tax.

Unlike Bush, Ron represents the traditional conservative wing of the Republican Party, similar to Barry Goldwater & Robert Taft. Traditional conservatives strive to "conserve" America's values by following our Constitution without question. Over the holidays, I urge you to watch these three videos about Ron Paul:

Ron Paul - Stop Dreaming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

Ron Paul - Don't Tread on Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_HuFtP8w8

Ron Paul - A New Hope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

Also, you have to realize that the media is trying their best to stop Ron Paul from getting elected. Why? Because he is a non-establishment, non-CFR (Council on Foreign Relations) member who will bring real change to this country. Change that we haven't seen for almost 100 years. Thanks again for your time and consideration and Happy New Year!"

Nice dig on Edwards without mentioning his name :D

Time for Change
12-28-2007, 09:17 AM
I think you are best to leave him alone.
Force feeding ANYONE anything never has terrific results.

If you wish to continue back and forth communications, fine, but be smart about it.
Don’t bombard him with links and data... (Too much info to digest), he will probably look at it and say there is too much time involved.

Think Strategy.

Strategy.

DealzOnWheelz
12-28-2007, 09:17 AM
In Sales we have a saying

any objection is an oppurtunity to close a deal

I'll elaborate

If he didn't care he wouldn't have given you an objection, he simply would have thrown the letter in the trash.

He is asking questions which all you have to do is answer.

This guy is closable

Just be nice

scooter
12-28-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm with the previous poster. Getting a response is an excellent thing. You need to stick with this one in a sensible way and try to close the deal.

The more people hear Paul's name, the more they will understand later on. The movement is much bigger than winning a vote in this race.

rollingpig
12-28-2007, 09:31 AM
he cares about politics,that's a good thing.

FireofLiberty
12-28-2007, 09:36 AM
If you do have anymore exchanges with him mention Dr. Paul's bill to eliminate taxes on tips and the inflation tax which hurts the poor and Middle Class the most (be sure to explain what it is).

JMO
12-28-2007, 09:39 AM
"1. In Congress, Dr. Ron Paul has never voted to raise taxes.
-That's great, has he ever voted to ease taxes on the lower and middle classes?"

I think this needs to be stressed in a return email. Ron Paul is trying to eliminate taxes for the middle and lower class. Of course he votes to ease the taxes for these 2 classes, he even introduces legislation to do so. This should of been stressed, even though you did state Ron Paul is trying to eliminate the IRS it is something that might not grab him.

winston_blade
12-28-2007, 09:41 AM
He is an Edwards guy. He already had his mind made up, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

angelatc
12-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Can't win 'em all. Don't need to win more than 1 in 50.

You might email him back and cite the Tax Free Tips Act, though. Couldn't hurt.

Don't get dragged down trying to win a single vote by endless debate. IF you respond, point him to Paul's papers on ronpaul2008.com.

NObody speaks for Congressman Paul better than Paul.

You're a much greater American than Hannity for doing this!

JMO
12-28-2007, 09:43 AM
If you do have anymore exchanges with him mention Dr. Paul's bill to eliminate taxes on tips and the inflation tax which hurts the poor and Middle Class the most (be sure to explain what it is).

Give him these links. These are 2 pieces of legislation that Ron Paul introduced to lower taxes on the middle and lower class.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/health-care/

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/no-taxes-on-tips/

angelatc
12-28-2007, 09:44 AM
He knew from the beginning he wasn't interested. He's a Democrat.

He also needs to know that not just the Republicans can go to war. The Democrats voted for it as well.

The Democrats typically start the draft. I almost wrote "always" but I'm not sure about that, and I'm headed out to support Ron Paul.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-29-2007, 01:48 AM
nt

JohnnyWrath
12-29-2007, 01:58 AM
socialist....in the wrong country but doesn't realize it. This person somehow doesn't understand that stealing money from my paycheck isn't right....

skeryl
12-29-2007, 02:27 AM
"-That's great, has he ever voted to ease taxes on the lower and middle classes?"

Taxes : http://www.vote-smart.org/npat.php?can_id=296#1799

1) Indicate the changes you support (if any) concerning the tax levels for the following categories. Select one number only.
Income Taxes
Eliminate a) Retiree income over $40,000
Eliminate b) Family income less than $25,000
Eliminate c) Family income $25-75,000
Eliminate d) Family income $75-150,000
Eliminate e) Family income over $150,000
Other Tax Issues
Eliminate f) Alcohol taxes
Eliminate g) Capital gains taxes
Greatly Increase h) Charitable deductions
Eliminate i) Cigarette taxes
Greatly Increase j) Corporate income taxes
Eliminate k) Earned income tax credit
Greatly Increase l) Estate taxes
Greatly Increase m) Medical expense deductions
Greatly Increase n) Mortgage deductions
o) Other
Yes 2) Do you support replacing the US income tax structure with a flat income tax?
Yes 3) Do you support replacing the US income tax structure with a broad-based consumption tax?

"I love and support our fighting Military men and women along with their families, but why does that make him any better than the next candidate who didn't sever in the Military?"

Fighting in a war gives you a different outlook on life and makes you cherish all things that are important. To him, it is life, liberty and freedom

No political candidate will ever be a taxpayer's friend, some where in fine print there is an exception

the proof is in his votes...

Agreed.

emk
12-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Right, but Edwards is going to cut his taxes? :) Please! :P

bbachtung
12-29-2007, 02:57 AM
Edwards voted for the Patriot Act (in the Senate only Russ Feingold voted Nay): http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=107&session=1&vote=00313

Edwards voted for the war in Iraq: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=107&session=2&vote=00237

Ron Paul, of course, voted (and spoke out) against the Patriot Act (http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2001/roll398.xml) and the war in Iraq (http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2002/roll455.xml).

Have him watch / read Ron Paul's speech before the House entitled Neo-CONNED (http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=630).

hawkeyenick
12-29-2007, 03:00 AM
sadly, he didn't know a thing about the dr if he answered the questions like that

Gordon
12-29-2007, 03:05 AM

I love how he corrects your spelling yet he couldn't spell "serve" properly.

"but why does that make him any better than the next candidate who didn't sever in the Military?"

speciallyblend
12-29-2007, 04:31 AM
blame bush,the republican party can thank him;)