PDA

View Full Version : Reporter cites Interventionism by US played into death of Bhutto

Mani
12-27-2007, 11:09 PM
I listen to POTUS 08 channel 130 on XM satellite radio.

There was a journalist in Pakistan, he seemed like the expert on Pakistani politics, he seemed quite depressed, his name was William Whitter or something.

He was describing the situation, then took a step back and interjected his own opinion.

His opinion was PRETTY MUCH DEAD ON with Ron Paul's belief that overall, the US involvement in the middle east and Pakistan etc. end up causing more trouble and more US resentment.

He was speaking overall, that the US tries to MICRO MANAGE the politics over there and they get stuck in the middle and make it worse. They have good intentions but they micro manage the situation and it just gets worse.

He felt the Pakistanis and other countries where we try to prop up democracy, we end up alienating many more people, they end up disliking our intervention, and MANY of them end up feeling like Islam is under threat with the US being involved, even though that's not the case.

He stated this 2-3 times and said something like, But in Washington/America, they just don't get it!

He didn't exactly blame Bhutto's death on the US, but Bush's influence (micromanaging) to get democracy moving in Pakistan ending up hurting the cause more than helping (he didn't say blowback or anything but you get the idea).

It was the first time after Ron Paul I heard someone so CLEARLY say we keep F*ing things up, and we always seem to make it worse, and our interventionism is a problem.

He strongly criticized our foreign policy and he's supposed to be the expert journalist on location with a pulse of the people. I really wanted to get his full name so I could send him an email and turn him onto Ron Paul!!!

No one from POTUS said anything like, "Hey! That's what RP has been saying for months!" Nope it was just silent.

Instead they are turning this attack into scare tactic, "WE NEED TO ATTACK! THEY ARE COMING FOR US! TERROR ALERT! 9/11!!! 9/11!! GO! FIGHT!" I heard McCain and Hilary sending out the warning signals and drumming up the war battle cry.

Did anyone else hear that interview? It was sad the reporter was pretty depressed about the tragedy and pretty gloomy about the current state of affairs and bleak future, but I thought it was real important for PEOPLE TO HEAR! It's not just Ron Paul who's saying this, people over there, objectively looking at what we are doing, AGREE WITH Ron Paul!!

user
12-28-2007, 12:02 AM
This is important. Also see the other thread where Bhutto is quoted as having been against the US propping up the military dictatorship, essentially agreeing with RP.

Carole
12-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Thank you for this message.

Unfortunately I have old-fashioned radio and television for us Americans is such a joke.

If only we could have one channel that dealt with world news and without slanting it. We here in America never hear about news that is well-known or commonplace in other parts of the world. How can we ever get people here to understand the truth when it is hidden from us unless we have the good sense to go search for it?

For those who have no internet access or do not even think to study the news if they do go online, the "world" is very small and specifically defined according to the MSM and our leaders.

Not only have we lost freedom of speech, of the press, and other freedoms, but we have lost freedom of information about the world around us as we are continually spoon-fed lies and half-truths. I HATE that we cannot know the rest of the world. Were it not for the net, I would die I think. My brain would wither away for lack of information.

Thank you again for sharing this message. Can you imagine what people would do and say in this country if they could hear the truth?

Well, Ron Paul would become President, of course, for one. :D