PDA

View Full Version : Behavioral observations of the MSM today

pacelli
12-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Since Pakistan is now suffering through their version of 9/11 (death of Bhutto; resulting riots across the nation), I've been watching a lot of mainstream news sources like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, HLN, and local broadcasts.

Nearly every major 'news host' has been gone and substituted by someone else. We've basically been receiving our news from people we aren't used to receiving it from. I don't believe it is a coincidence when Wolf Blitzer, Tucker Carlson, John Gibson, and Bill O'Reilly are all off from work on the same day.

My suspicion is that we are being subjected to a misinformation campaign concerning her death and the associated events of the day. The MSM memo-writters did not want us to panic, but they are all pushing a "war" sense as the appropriate reaction. Each one of these guest hosts is basically "selling" a fear and war agenda with this horrible tragedy.

This is now playing into the election, as one of the CNN banners said. The candidates were all paraded through the media and gave their comments, including the good Dr. Paul.

Is anyone else bothered by the media's behavior today?

adwads
12-27-2007, 10:56 PM
There were probably a lot of guest hosts because its the holidays...but besides that, I don't like how the media is framing it like WE the United States have to do something now to "fix" Pakistan

mmink15
12-27-2007, 11:00 PM
This was a good chance for Dr Paul to show up every other candidate and he succeeded. Instead of having a well-crafted short response, Ron Paul spoke in length and with intelligence about the unfortunate event. Having guest hosts on all day just made his response to the day's events seem that much more intelligent.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 11:07 PM
There were probably a lot of guest hosts because its the holidays...but besides that, I don't like how the media is framing it like WE the United States have to do something now to "fix" Pakistan

That is a very good point about the holidays, but yes I agree with you-- that is exactly what they are portraying. And then bush is sending special forces? Yeah, that's going to help a great deal. We're already stretched too thin!

pacelli
12-27-2007, 11:08 PM
This was a good chance for Dr Paul to show up every other candidate and he succeeded. Instead of having a well-crafted short response, Ron Paul spoke in length and with intelligence about the unfortunate event. Having guest hosts on all day just made his response to the day's events seem that much more intelligent.

I agree, you saw the reaction of the host too on Tucker. He just couldn't comprehend it, so he asked the same question 2 more times. Nice point about those guest hosts :)

electronicmaji
12-27-2007, 11:26 PM
youtube of Pauls response plz...

HillbillyDan
12-27-2007, 11:52 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7049623670328230531&q=bhutto&total=2794&start=30&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=8

Ron Paul on The Bhutto Assassination

bgky4paul
12-28-2007, 01:05 AM
The main hosts are always off the week between Christmas and New Year's. My guess is that Chris Matthews is still working because his show is exclusively political.

I think what you are seeing is a bunch of inexperienced people delivering the news. There may be a call to spin this in a certain way, but the 2nd string is not going to be as adept in delivering the message.