PDA

View Full Version : Who are the other Ron Pauls of the world ?

rpf2008
07-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Does anyone know who the other politicians are (local, state or federal level) who also have excellent reputations like Mr. Paul does ?

Thanks in advance

Kuldebar
07-11-2007, 09:06 AM
I am of the mind that people like Ron Paul only come around once every generation or so. It took a whole lifetime for Paul to be where he is right now. I can think of many people in history that have stood on principle and stuck to their cause. None of them were perfect, of course, and neither is Ron Paul. But the quality, the timing, the message and the resolve drove them on.

It is scary to think about these rare heroes in history that have stood for, against or beside an idea; it's scary because the world has never treated these people very kindly until after they are gone.

rpf2008
07-11-2007, 09:18 AM
I believe in statistics and I think the odds of Mr. Paul being the only politician of this type are very low. I'm looking for people who are being good public servants like Mr. Paul but haven't achieved his stature yet.

RP08
07-11-2007, 09:22 AM
None in my area. They're all politicians out here.

Broadlighter
07-11-2007, 11:05 AM
In California, Tom McClintock comes to mind. He's very principled and knew where all the money was when Gray Davis got kicked out of the Governor's seat. McClintock ran in the governor replacement election as a Republican, but he didn't have Arnold Schwarzenegger's star power.