PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporters Buying Votes In Iowa

Bossobass
07-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Dear Forum members (and everyone you may be able to contact who might be interested in the following),

After a sleepless night of fretting over losing the Iowa Straw Poll to money instead of issues, I decided to quash the fear with an idea of action.

Since a vote in the Ames, Iowa Straw Poll requires a $35 ticket and the RP Campaign simply can't afford to buy 10,000 tickets, I decided to do the math:

We need 200 people to each buy 50 tickets to be distributed to any Iowan who can't afford one and wishes to vote for Ron Paul.

That comes to $1,750.00 for each batch of 50 tickets.

We need an Ames group of RP supporters to step up and fill in the gaps as to where the tickets can be purchased, coordination of the purchase and assuring delivery of the tickets to the right persons.

I hereby agree to buy the first batch and anxiously await word from Iowa as to method of payment, etc.

I will be in Des Moines on August 5 for the debate and may be able to stay in Iowa for a few days afterward if I am needed to help with the Straw Poll Efforts.

Sincerely,

Bosso

rich34
07-11-2007, 08:56 AM
That's a great idea, but I imagine most people would not be able to afford that. I'd be willing to make a small donation (basically buy someone a ticket...35 dollars), but that's about all I can afford.

qednick
07-11-2007, 09:37 AM
That's a great idea, but I imagine most people would not be able to afford that. I'd be willing to make a small donation (basically buy someone a ticket...35 dollars), but that's about all I can afford.

Yeah, me too.

I don't think too many people will have that kind of money spare but I will definitely be happy to buy one or two Iowans their tickets if they're really strapped.