PDA

View Full Version : Might Cindy Sheehan be a Ron Paul fan? ("Sheehan's Rebellion") -- in Antiwar.com

LizF
07-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Although the article focuses on Cindy Sheehan's threat to run against Nancy Pelosi, the author, Justin Raimondo, includes this eye-opening quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yet it seems, also, that she has had an ideological awakening:

'I was a lifelong Democrat only because the choices were limited. The Democrats are the party of slavery and were the party that started every war in the 20th century except the other Bush debacle. The Federal Reserve, permanent federal (and unconstitutional) income taxes, Japanese concentration camps and, not one, but two atom bombs dropped on the innocent citizens of Japan were brought to us via the Democrats. Don't tell me the Democrats are our 'Saviors,' because I am not buying it, especially after they bought and purchased more caskets and more devastating pain when they financed and co-facilitated more of George's abysmal occupation and they are allowing a melt down of our representative Republic by allowing the evils of the executive branch to continue unrestrained by their silent complicity.'

I know Sheehan is supposed to be a leftist icon, and her biggest fans no doubt consider themselves liberals with a Greenish tinge, but it turns out she's more like a female Ron Paul. Liberals, especially of the establishment variety – of which there are plenty in Baghdad-by-the-Bay – are going to hate that stuff about the Federal Reserve and the income tax, but she's right, of course. Without the Fed, the inflationary policies that fund our wars of conquest couldn't be implemented; with no income tax, the empire our rulers envision would only be a megalomaniac's fantasy."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to article: http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=11269