PDA

View Full Version : Need website designed

Lucid American
12-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Anyone interested in putting together a website for the National Freedom Day March on Feb 1?

Time I can spend trying to head this up is about to disappear in the next week & a half, so I'd like to get some momentum behind it. I think it's a great idea that just needs legs.

PROPOSAL:
- A VETERANS FOR RON PAUL March on the National Mall. (This works well with the new http://www.ronpaul2008.com/veterans
- EVERYONE ELSE MARCH ON THE CAPITOLS OF ALL SUPER TUESDAY STATES (listed below).
- Super Tuesday states: Alabama, Alaska caucus, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado caucus, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho caucus, Illinois, Kansas caucus, Massachusetts, Minnesota caucus, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico caucus, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah

DETAILS:
- That's 22 states PLUS D.C..
- The VETERANS FOR RON PAUL march in D.C. will draw the national MSM spotlight and result in at least a peripheral national media nod to the other marches all across the nation.
- The marches in the Super Tuesday states will get local coverage where it counts and also maximize attention of the veterans supporting Paul in D.C..
- A chip-in might be required to fund travel for willing veterans to go to Washington. Everyone else can fend for themselves, and/or local meetup groups can coordinate bus trips to the local marches.

ADVANTAGES:
- This MAXIMIZES media attention and also concentrates that attention to the key focus areas with one last publicity "bomb" to inspire before the big day at the polls 4 days later.
- This also MAXIMIZES participation of Paul supporters, because it makes BIG marches on a regional and state scale -- i.e., it's far easier to drive a few hours than fly across country.

THINK ABOUT IT . . .
This will provide a HUGE peak for the campaign right when it matters most! And best of all, we have plenty of time to get it done, but we need to get rolling!

WEBSITE NEEDS:
- I can definitely write up the main body text for the website to explain and build interest but have ZERO skills at assembling websites, much less an attractive one.
- I'd like to include a map of the US with the Super Tuesday states highlighted as widgets to help interested marchers best gauge where they should march -- of course, the widgets would be based on pledged attendance in those cities.

CAN YOU HELP? Either PM me or reply here.

Mahkato
12-27-2007, 09:27 PM
For $7, you can get the domain name you want and then host the page itself for free on ronpaulgateway.com (http://www.ronpaulgateway.com/).

ronpaulsnowday.com (http://www.ronpaulsnowday.com/), for example, pulls content from ronpaulgateway.com/Ron_Paul_Snow_Day (http://www.ronpaulgateway.com/Ron_Paul_Snow_Day). See also ronpaulminnesota.com, ronpaulcalifornia.com, ronpaulnewyork.com, and ronpaulwisconsin.com.

You can create a new page on Ron Paul Gateway right now if you like. I can help with formatting if you put the content there. It works like Wikipedia.

IHaveaDream
12-27-2007, 09:47 PM
I thought National Freedom Day was the perfect date to plan something for the Revolution. It is consistent with our message and has several things going for it that would make it an excellent day to plan a huge event. I can't tell you how suprised and disappointed I was to find virtually no support for it. Go figure.

This used to be a very cohesive group here, but alas it is now suffering growing pains as the number of competing egos grows each day. It is much more difficult now to rally sentiment around any given idea no matter what its value to our effort.

Unfortunately, some are now allowed to shamelessly bump their own threads over and over and over again in an attempt to impose their own ideas whether fellow supporters readily accept them or not. I don't understand why the moderators put up with it.

I agree that February 1 is a great date for this movement to make a statement and I sincerely wish you luck with your suggestion.

Lucid American
12-27-2007, 10:01 PM
I thought National Freedom Day was the perfect date to plan something for the Revolution. It is consistent with our message and has several things going for it that would make it an excellent day to plan a huge event. I can't tell you how suprised and disappointed I was to find virtually no support for it. Go figure.

I agree that February 1 is a great date for this movement to make a statement and I sincerely wish you luck with your suggestion.

I don't think there's a perception that something's "real" until there's a website for it. There are a lot of great ideas bouncing around -- too many to bring them all to fruition. However, I really feel strongly that this idea would be effective beyond just the scope of garnering media attention. It would work functionally by concentrating support in the critical areas, symbolic by bringing together supporters all across the nation and leaving the march on Washington to the veterans who support Paul, and commercially by getting media attention both nationally and locally.

I just need to work with someone on a website design.

Jonathan, that's an intriguing option -- how would I work in the US map / widgets?

Mahkato
12-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Jonathan, that's an intriguing option -- how would I work in the US map / widgets?

You'd have to send me the HTML/Javascript for that, since HTML cannot be embedded directly in the page.

european
12-28-2007, 01:48 AM
blump