PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul not listed as candidate in Texas

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
12-27-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.texasgop.org/site/DocServer/Primary_Filing_12-27-2007_by_officepdf.pdf?docID=4343

What's the deal with this?

fortilite
12-27-2007, 09:06 PM
The campaign hasn't submitted the paperwork yet. Romney and Thompson haven't either.

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
12-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Is it something that is worth waiting until the last day to do? The deadline is January 2.

walt
12-27-2007, 09:07 PM
The campaign hasn't submitted the paperwork yet. Romney and Thompson haven't either.

why always wait till the last possible minute?

hillertexas
12-27-2007, 09:08 PM
bump...
Do we have all of the required signatures?

fortilite
12-27-2007, 09:08 PM
No signatures needed, just $5000 and the paperwork. I wouldn't worry about Texas.

tsetsefly
12-27-2007, 09:09 PM
bump, because we cant trust the campaign to do anything, looks like I might need to be collecting signatures on new years day...

edit: shoudl i start the chip in to get him in? lol...

Akus
12-27-2007, 09:12 PM
I'll sign whatever is necessary to get Ron Paul on a Texas candidate list...

literatim
12-27-2007, 09:12 PM
bump, because we cant trust the campaign to do anything, looks like I might need to be collecting signatures on new years day...

Can someone else legally pay to add a candidate to the ballot in Texas?

fortilite
12-27-2007, 09:13 PM
The campaign has the paperwork, and for all we know they have to be the ones to submit it. Let's calm down, even Romney hasn't submitted it yet.

walt
12-27-2007, 09:15 PM
why - it's pathetic - I called the first week of November and said we needed transparent tracking of this process - what we've gotten is a clusterf%(k

fortilite
12-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Why is it a clusterf##k? We haven't missed 1 ballot deadline.

Bradley in DC
12-27-2007, 09:45 PM
The campaign has the paperwork, and for all we know they have to be the ones to submit it. Let's calm down, even Romney hasn't submitted it yet.

Waiting until the last minute is when mistakes happen that can't be corrected. I know first-hand of a huge rush at the end in DC led to many problems that HQ seemed, well, unconcerned with and the grassroots had to intervene.

Better to take care of early what can be taken care of so that we can devote more time and energy to GOTV in early primary and caucus states.

tsetsefly
12-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Waiting until the last minute is when mistakes happen that can't be corrected. I know first-hand of a huge rush at the end in DC led to many problems that HQ seemed, well, unconcerned with and the grassroots had to intervene.

Better to take care of early what can be taken care of so that we can devote more time and energy to GOTV in early primary and caucus states.

+1

Nyte
12-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Isn't there some rule that says the last to file gets a certain position on the ballot?

Could have swore I read that somewhere.

Bradley in DC
12-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Isn't there some rule that says the last to file gets a certain position on the ballot?

Could have swore I read that somewhere.

All state rules are different, I don't know about Texas, but yes, I think that was true somewhere (Missouri maybe?).

Kotin
12-27-2007, 10:03 PM
our primary is march 4th anyway..

and its open.

and it will get my democrat dad to vote RP.

jblosser
12-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Last I heard they were waiting in the hopes Ron would be able to do it in person for a media event since he'll be filing both for the Presidency and for his Congressional seat.

I'll poke them and see where it is, no time to wait now.

jblosser
12-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Response from Jean, the TX Field Coordinator:

Can you please put the word out to the groups that the filing fee and the
paper work are being Fedexed this week. It will be there on time!

Jean doesn't screw around or take crap from anyone, if she says it's done, it's done.

OptionsTrader
12-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Response from Jean, the TX Field Coordinator:

Can you please put the word out to the groups that the filing fee and the
paper work are being Fedexed this week. It will be there on time!

Jean doesn't screw around or take crap from anyone, if she says it's done, it's done.

Good to hear. I am on the Texas distribution and never got any kind of emails about needing a petition so I assumed this was a non-issue, and it appears it is, thanks.

Azprint
12-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Do I have a supervision or Ron Paul is on the list, on the first page just under such names as Thornberry, Granger, Conaway right on the first page?

bbachtung
12-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Ron Paul has been (mostly successfully) running for Congress in Texas for 30 years; he knows how to file for the Republican primary (he's done it at least 11 times). Texas is the one state whose ballot I would not worry about.

jblosser
12-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Do I have a supervision or Ron Paul is on the list, on the first page just under such names as Thornberry, Granger, Conaway right on the first page?

That's for his Congressional seat. Apparently they decided to file them separately.

bbachtung
12-27-2007, 11:45 PM

He is listed as running for his Congressional seat (his paperwork is listed as filed on 12/26); my guess is that they opened that envelope first.

Azprint
12-27-2007, 11:46 PM
That's for his Congressional seat. Apparently they decided to file them separately.

Got it, my bad.

Oliver
12-27-2007, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't worry about Texas.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked015.gif

Bradley in DC
12-28-2007, 02:25 AM

Romney's submitted it--now can we stop being calm? :D

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5332258&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Bradley in DC
12-28-2007, 02:28 AM

I'll second that.

pacelli
12-28-2007, 02:33 AM

PLEASE! Call the campaign and ask them if they have this sorted out before you start making a chip-in .

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
12-28-2007, 03:17 PM
I hate relying on the mail system for anything, especially something with a tight deadline. But if they say they did it...