PDA

View Full Version : RP was wrong: Freedom is old, tyranny is new.

DirectDemocracy
12-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Man is born free.

Since time immemorial man has been free. He had no kings over him, no dictators. It is only in the last few thousand years that this has been the case.

Man experimented with dictatorship and by now has realized that that is not a good way of going about things, so now we are on our way back to freedom-our natural state.

r3volution
12-27-2007, 09:48 PM
not as far as government and politics go . we are the first country to have the law of the land centered around the rights of the people and not the government ..

Man from La Mancha
12-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Man is born free.

Since time immemorial man has been free. He had no kings over him, no dictators. It is only in the last few thousand years that this has been the case.

Man experimented with dictatorship and by now has realized that that is not a good way of going about things, so now we are on our way back to freedom-our natural state.Man has only been semi free, there were many bullies willing to kill you and your family. Governments were formed to help protect one from internal and external bullies, yet as we know many of them were bullies themselves.

dircha
12-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Hmm. You just posted another thread about this:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=66490

My comments here are the same. What are your thoughts on this?

It seems to me that our "natural roots", the term you used before, are probably more along the lines of might makes "right". I don't equate that with freedom.

A direct democracy - your namesake - is another kind of might makes "right". The might of the majority makes it "right" - the tyranny of the majority.

This is why the founders of this nation were determined to establish a Republic and not a Democracy.

Conza88
12-27-2007, 10:14 PM
RP is right.