PDA

View Full Version : Been getting a lot of Ron Paul mailings in Michigan

brumans
12-27-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm not registered to a party or anything, so they must of gotten my name because I've donated before or bought something from the store.

In the past week I've gotten:

-Ron Paul Hope for America folding
-"Taxpayers best friend" trifold
And just today -Ron Paul's six-point plan to fix immigration trifold

I wonder how many people are getting these. They are great (I'm not getting any from any other candidate at all, so I hope there are more like me but who don't know who Ron Paul is). Even though Ron, of course, already has my vote, I can still share these with friends and family, so that's good.

wgadget
12-27-2007, 08:00 PM
And tomorrow I'll be shipping out some handwritten Ron Paul endorsement letters....

brumans
12-27-2007, 08:05 PM
And I've also seen a lot of Ron Paul sightings in the wild around my area. Absolutely none for any other candidates.

I got a question.. when the final results come in for the Michigan primary, how detailed is it? Will I be able to see how well Ron Paul and the other candidates do in my specific district/town? That would be very interesting to see.

bbachtung
12-27-2007, 08:12 PM
And I've also seen a lot of Ron Paul sightings in the wild around my area. Absolutely none for any other candidates.

I got a question.. when the final results come in for the Michigan primary, how detailed is it? Will I be able to see how well Ron Paul and the other candidates do in my specific district/town? That would be very interesting to see.

You should be able to see this on your local registrar of voters' website within hours of the polls closing.

jdmetz
12-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Hmm... we haven't received any mailings from any campaigns here in Ann Arbor, MI, and my wife and I both donated for the Tea Party. Of course, I hope they're spending the money to send them to other people, not us since we'll already be voting for Ron Paul in the primary.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm not registered to a party or anything, so they must of gotten my name because I've donated before or bought something from the store.

In the past week I've gotten:

-Ron Paul Hope for America folding
-"Taxpayers best friend" trifold
And just today -Ron Paul's six-point plan to fix immigration trifold

I wonder how many people are getting these. They are great (I'm not getting any from any other candidate at all, so I hope there are more like me but who don't know who Ron Paul is). Even though Ron, of course, already has my vote, I can still share these with friends and family, so that's good.

Ask your friends and family. They getting them? What are their thoughts? You getting anything from other candidates?

If they're mailing you because you bought something from the store (or already donated), they already have you. They should be scrubbing you from the list of who they're mailing, unless they're sending you materials in the hopes that you'll hand them out.

ussoldier144mp
12-27-2007, 08:22 PM
I have not received anything from any candidate in Lansing, nor has any of my family, at least not to my knowledge. My wife and I have also donated to the tea Party and bought things from the store, so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. :confused:

cien750hp
12-27-2007, 08:37 PM
i'm sure they aren't sending things to people who donated.. people who donate already know about him and that would just be pointless

pcosmar
12-27-2007, 08:41 PM
My Mom got some from the Official campaign. Very comprehensive. several page fold out.
She hung it on the bulletin board at her apt. for all to see.

Chaos Unlimited
12-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I heard from a couple people here in Maine who got two mailings. They had not donated. I have not received anything. I have donated.

Myerz
12-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I have 100 going out tomorrow!

anewvoice
12-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm from Michigan and have not received a mailing, which is great since I'm already voting for him anyway. I know there were plans to target mailings around the state and it's awesome to hear it's kicking into gear!!!

brumans
12-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Strange.. I don't know how they would get my address. I, nor anyone at my household, has ever voted in a primary and my parents have voted democrat for as long as I can remember.

The only thing I can think of that is not associated with donating is that I became a member/donated $1 to that values voter straw poll thing a while back so I could vote for Ron Paul. I don't know if they would sell my info though?