PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul superbowl commercial.

xflashjr
12-27-2007, 07:13 PM
OK,

I know I will get a lot of mixed feedback about this, and I am SURE this has been discussed countless times and possibly could have already reached dead horse status but I wanted to throw out a plausible scenario.

For the people that are not familiar with the Super Bowl, It is going to be played in Arizona on February 3rd 2008. I have a feeling, especially if the patriots make it (no I am not a fan)! That this will be one of the most heavily watched games in the past 20 years. Besides the fact that we would receive SO many people who are not affiliated with politics in any way, the thing that keeps resonating is my head is the date. Super Tuesday is only two days away! I know a lot of states would only allow registered republicans to vote but imagine if a proper 30 second spot would get another 10-20% of registered republicans who would not normally vote out two days later. We could even put that into the ad urging people to change America.

I am not here to try and make an ad or even say what is the best material to be in one, the fact that you would have MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of people seeing DR Paul message for the first time would deffintly garner him more votes two days later. I truly feel we have given enough money to the campaign in large doses to allow them to achieve to their Max potential in their current form. Another large grass roots idea might be just what we need to push us over the top!

Now We would need 2.4 million dollars to have a 30 second spot, For all I know all of the Air time could be spoken for and trying to make something this late in the game could very well be impossible. If this is the case why am I still writing? The fact that the way this campaign has been going I feel if we thought this is something worthwhile we could achieve any monetary goal or time frame. I have complete faith in the grassroots effort!

So many companies have had make it or break it careers because of superbowl ads. The Apple 1984 super bowl ad truly put Apple on the map! I have no idea if another canidate has done an ad before. Before Dr. Paul I did not pay attention to politics much but Advertising has been a hobby of mine for a long time!

Lets have as much discussion on this topic as possible. I know we would possibly run into all of the same issues that the blimp people had with a large grassroots collection of money. As much as I support the blimp project I feel this would have a MUCH larger impact just 2 days before one of the most important primary dates of the election year!

Lets the brainstorming begin!

wgadget
12-27-2007, 07:14 PM
I read an article today that said "NO POLITICAL ADS."

xflashjr
12-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Very interesting, why would they not want more ad time? Was there any reason for it?

Um I hope this is not true let me see what I can find..

hawkeyenick
12-27-2007, 07:24 PM
super bowl ad would cost WAYYYYY too much, not worth the effort or time, just not enough pay back

Ethek
12-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I think we would get a much bigger ROI by funding the National Trasure 2 ad concept or funding the blimp through February.

xflashjr
12-27-2007, 09:11 PM
The blimp is good for a novelty, It is and was a good idea but I truly do not think it is a great ROI longterm.

On the contrary, The super bowl is one of the ONLY audiences where just as many casual people tune in to see the new ground breaking tv ads just as much as the game. You would be reaching 90 MILLION people! Only 121 million voted in the 2004 election! I know not all of these people can vote or would vote but the number of people who would see it is tremendous!

What is the national treasure 2 ad idea? I just saw the movie and loved it!

yongrel
12-27-2007, 09:12 PM
It was tried in 2004, and they were shut down. It's strictly off-limits, I do believe.

Scott Wilson
12-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Waste of money. 30 second sound byte for 3 million bucks? That is crazy.

3 million dollars worth of the DVD "A Man For All Seasons" sent to as many super voters as possible would be money much better spent.

bolidew
12-27-2007, 09:40 PM
It's too late for the Primary.

dave_mack33
12-27-2007, 10:19 PM
i like the man for all seasons idea and especially the national treasure idea!!! moooovies!!

eric_cartman
12-27-2007, 10:22 PM
it's a nice thought... but this is really something the official campaign has to do. they have the money, if they think it's a good use of money, they'll do it. it's a little too much money for grassroots to get together without help from the campaign.

Lucid American
12-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah, this seems like a totally illogical way to pop off $millions.

I think a much more practical and effective idea is the movie trailer ad. Keep an eye out for this, because when this comes together it's going to be phenomenal!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=66227

Luther
12-27-2007, 10:29 PM
It would be a tremendous waste of resources.

EvilEngineer
12-27-2007, 10:34 PM
1. Campaign ads are NOT allowed.
2. For the money it's not enough ROI
3. The blimp flying over the superbowl would be much much better.

fuzzybekool
12-27-2007, 10:34 PM
The super bowl ad posts come alot as I have seen here in past weeks, but as some have posted here already, politcal ads will not be shown during a Super Bowl game.

N13
12-27-2007, 10:49 PM
From an opportunity cost perspective, I think we can get more value for our money elsewhere.