PDA

View Full Version : Lou Dobbs Show Question. Answer Vote Yes

michaelwise
12-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Ron Paul on Lou Dobbs About Illegal Immigration.
Do you believe any of the current presidential candidates have what it takes to solve the nation's illegal immigration crisis?
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/

AdoubleR
12-27-2007, 06:26 PM
DON'T TELL ME HOW TO VOTE! (Joking!) :D I think everyone on this site is smart enough to get the right answer... Thanks Mike...

AdoubleR
12-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Not specific to Ron though :( (the poll)

LibertyEagle
Get to voting, folks. We're losing badly.

integrity
I just don't get Lou. I agree with him about a lot of things. I don't get him though...

michaelwise
12-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Bump

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-27-2007, 06:40 PM
voted!

manny229
12-27-2007, 06:45 PM
voted...

KramerDSP
12-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Lou Dobbs calls himself an "Independent Populist".

A google search reveals this link (http://independentpopulist.blogspot.com/2007/11/define-independent-populist.html).

"Just saying you are an "independent populist" does not make you one. You have to be committed to the will of the people even if that will is contrary to your own. You must be independent of influences that would cause you to stray from the will of the people."

Lou Dobbs seems to avoid talking about Ron Paul, which suggests he is not commited to the will of the people. I don't trust him, even though he appears to be saying the right things.

smartguy911
12-27-2007, 06:53 PM
bump

AlexAmore
12-27-2007, 06:59 PM
My theory is that Lou is considering a run for the presidency as an independent, so he does not want to give props to any candidates on a regular basis. He wants to paint them all as incompetent to create room for himself.

EDIT: Woops, I just posted under my son's handle. He hates that.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Lou Dobbs hasn't been saying the right things since late summer. He went off the tracks by telling everyone to register Independent. He seems to want Americans to "take their ball and go home", withdrawing support from all Dems and Reps so the country can further crumble into chaos.

While that may make for good ratings on his show, it's bad for the country. Giving frustrated people a voice and taking politicians to task can get you only so far. Continually griping gets nothing done. Eventually, you have to back good candidates who will get this country back on the right path.

anewvoice
12-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Lou Dobbs hasn't been saying the right things since late summer. He went off the tracks by telling everyone to register Independent. He seems to want Americans to "take their ball and go home", withdrawing support from all Dems and Reps so the country can further crumble into chaos.

The move to Independent is a good one, one needn't be beholden to the 2-party monopoly to make informed decisions. I personally have found actual Independents to much more politically involved, and astute.

However, Lou Dobbs has revealed his true intentions by his lack of support. It would seem that Mr. Dobbs is considering a run himself, and therefore remaining silent.

Also, I used to be an avid Lou Dobbs listener, but not since really digging into Ron Paul's speeches and writings. Lou falls into the category of folks that wants the ills of our country to be the fault of a single group, a scapegoat. Beyond that much of it lacks intellectual depth.

Ron Paul is so well versed, so well spoken, so stately that it really makes many previously respected folks seem transparent.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-27-2007, 07:36 PM
The move to Independent is a good one, one needn't be beholden to the 2-party monopoly to make informed decisions.
Not when it interferes with a true political movement driven by the people.

Lou falls into the category of folks that wants the ills of our country to be the fault of a single group, a scapegoat.
True, and his scapegoat is the entire government and all the presidential candidates, including Ron Paul.