PDA

View Full Version : Hcukabee, Money Bombs and Ron Paul Supporters

JordanL
12-27-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm writing this as an open letter to my fellow Ron Paul supporters: stop attacking the Huckabee grassroots. The Huckabee campaign is not going to make or break depending on the Huckabee grassroots... I hope you guys all realize this.

The Huckabee grassroots effort never has been and never will be a threat to the kind of nationwide effort we have here. That's why I'm continually puzzled that people here seem to follow his donation numbers and try to sabatoge and/or beat the Huckabee campaign grassroots.

There's no reason that we need to try and beat their fundraiser today, and there's no reason that anyone should have made false pledges for them before. Such efforts only suggest that you are insecure about your support for Ron Paul, which I doubt you are. They're childish and unnecessary.

I don't even necessarily believe that it was Paul supporters that made the extra pledges... what I'm saying is that we made it a credible attack against us by being douches to them in the past.

Bret has been a standup guy to us in the past, despite his fervent support for Huck, and we should return the favor, (and I believe we do for the most part).

Let them have their donation bomb today. If the media reports it ad nauseum, it will only highlight how bias and irrelevant they have become. We need to focus our energy on promoting Ron Paul, not attacking everyone else.

Now, that said, don't believe everything you hear. I'm sure that ANYTHING that went wrong on their donation drive today would be blamed on us. We're mostly average, everyday, good hearted people, and we know that. Their criticisms of us won't stick, and they shouldn't. Have a great day, and I look forward to being able to say years from now, "I was there when our nation got back on its feet. I was on the front lines."

EDIT: :lol: Could a mod change the title for me? ;)

JordanL
12-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Bump

Cyclone177
12-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Ever beat a dead horse?

jarofclay
12-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Who's not nice? And why are you over here sniveling?

I want the facts maam.

JordanL
12-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Who's not nice? And why are you over here sniveling?

I want the facts maam.

Wow... this just proves my point.

I'm so far into supporting Ron Paul that I'm the webmaster for Ron Paul Blimp.com, and yet someone responds telling me that I'm snivelling and a woman.

AdoubleR
12-27-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm writing this as an open letter to my fellow Ron Paul supporters: stop attacking the Huckabee grassroots. The Huckabee campaign is not going to make or break depending on the Huckabee grassroots... I hope you guys all realize this.

The Huckabee grassroots effort never has been and never will be a threat to the kind of nationwide effort we have here. That's why I'm continually puzzled that people here seem to follow his donation numbers and try to sabatoge and/or beat the Huckabee campaign grassroots.

There's no reason that we need to try and beat their fundraiser today, and there's no reason that anyone should have made false pledges for them before. Such efforts only suggest that you are insecure about your support for Ron Paul, which I doubt you are. They're childish and unnecessary.

I don't even necessarily believe that it was Paul supporters that made the extra pledges... what I'm saying is that we made it a credible attack against us by being douches to them in the past.

Bret has been a standup guy to us in the past, despite his fervent support for Huck, and we should return the favor, (and I believe we do for the most part).

Let them have their donation bomb today. If the media reports it ad nauseum, it will only highlight how bias and irrelevant they have become. We need to focus our energy on promoting Ron Paul, not attacking everyone else.

Now, that said, don't believe everything you hear. I'm sure that ANYTHING that went wrong on their donation drive today would be blamed on us. We're mostly average, everyday, good hearted people, and we know that. Their criticisms of us won't stick, and they shouldn't. Have a great day, and I look forward to being able to say years from now, "I was there when our nation got back on its feet. I was on the front lines."

EDIT: :lol: Could a mod change the title for me? ;)

I thought astro turf was meant to be WALKED ALL OVER??? :D

ItsTime
12-27-2007, 05:27 PM
http://diendan.dethi.com/vi/uploads/News/pic/1180642027.nv.gif

Yom
12-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Let's just leave them alone and ignore them.

jarofclay
12-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Wow... this just proves my point.

I'm so far into supporting Ron Paul that I'm the webmaster for Ron Paul Blimp.com, and yet someone responds telling me that I'm snivelling and a woman.

Ahhh.. I'm sorry. I was just playing. :)

BeFranklin
12-27-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't think you have a duty to be nicer to Huckabee supporters then Huckabee. Huckabee says he'll shoot any of them that don't vote for him. See the digg story.

WilliamC
12-27-2007, 05:42 PM
What money bomb? He isn't likely to break 100,000 for the day.

I agree that people should spend more time saying positive things about Ron Paul and less time saying negative things about Huckabee supporters.

Cleaner44
12-27-2007, 05:45 PM
My suggestion:
Forget Hucks army or whatever
Spend our time and energy getting Ron Paul elected
Don't get distracted from things that don't get us more votes

Oliver
12-27-2007, 05:46 PM
I agree with the initial post. Once Huckabee is out
of the race, we don't need the whole Grassroots of
him attacking us. But I would welcome them to
win the revolution together. :"D

idiom
12-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Just think of them as the lost confused Tribe of Ron Paul supporters.

They will be redeemed one day. Unfortunately we might have to wait for the Huck do drop first.

Lord Xar
12-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I understand your post, and I think if Ron Paul supporters want to do negativeness to Huckaberry, we should post youtubes and blog the internet.. not mess with their endeavors.

BUT, we are frustrated at Huckaberrys lack of money yet dominance of the MSM - we resent that and we resent those in power pusing him. SO, when someone beleives in Huckaberry despite his shortcoming (a ton of them), we 'see them as part of the problem'. Also, we are sorta irritated at their complete and obvious ripping off of our ideas..

But, I think you are right in that we can be more constructive in our online time.

NewEnd
12-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Tell the Huckabbe supporters to give our Ron Paul Trailer back, and to stop pulling up our yard signs then

What? No proof you say?

and there's no reason that anyone should have made false pledges for them

What? No proof you say?

PatriotOne
12-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Oh thank God! I was beginning to worry that the RP supporters would not get one of their daily beatings for something no one has any proof of them actually doing.

PatriotOne
12-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Tell the Huckabbe supporters to give our Ron Paul Trailer back, and to stop pulling up our yard signs then

What? No proof you say?

Good point. Maybe we should get a mod to post a letter on the main page of this site declaring it was Huck supporter's and demand they return it. We could even create a blog declaring it to be a pro-Huck site and then they can confess it was them. Since that seems to be the kind of burden of proof we are afforded, I say fair is fair, eh?

Mike S.
12-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I am not a Huckabee supporter, even though I am an evangelical Christian. We could use all the support we can get, as someone else posted. If Huckabee drops out, we need those folks, or as many of them as possible. Pestering them certainly will not lead to them coming over.

Be a bit understanding. 8 years ago, I would have been on the Huck bandwagon as well. The Iraq war and outlandish fiscal irresponsibility of the Republicans made me change my political stripes. You probably won't win too many Huckabee supporters with the war issue alone, but I think the 9.1 trillion dollar National Debt (up from 5.6 trillion in yr 2000) issue could get them on board. And the illegal immigration issue leading to even more debt and health care costs could also be a winning issue.

JordanL
12-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Good point. Maybe we should get a mod to post a letter on the main page of this site declaring it was Huck supporter's and demand they return it. We could even create a blog declaring it to be a pro-Huck site and then they can confess it was them. Since that seems to be the kind of burden of proof we are afforded, I say fair is fair, eh?

I quote myself:

NewEnd
12-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Speak for yourself when you say "we", JordanL

2 people out of every 1000 does not mean "we" have done anything. People have been bitching about Paul's supporters online from day 1. It's just a way for them to hate Ron Paul, by accusing a small minority of being representative of Paul. It is obvious in almost every smear attempt made... "if this is what Ron Paul supporters are like, no wonder I don't like ron Paul"

It's just a bullshit, pathetic excuse, and they never had any love for the man in the first place.

And this is the second thread on this topic, today.