PDA

View Full Version : Paul endorsed by Minutemen leaders in Iowa - Des Moinse Register

Micahyah
12-27-2007, 04:30 PM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071227/NEWS/71227027/-1/SPORTS01

Paul picks up Minuteman members' support

Des Moines, Ia. � Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul today picked up endorsements from several individual leaders of the Iowa Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, an anti-illegal immigration group.

Ron Duncan, the deputy director of the group's Iowa chapter, and Mark Land, Taylor County Minuteman leader, each offered the Texas congressman their personal endorsements.

Craig Halverson, director of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps Iowa chapter, said the group as a whole will not officially endorse a candidate, but its members are free to back candidates as private citizens.

"As a citizen, I kind of lean towards Ron Paul, but I don't really want to jump out there too strongly because of my position," Halverson said.

Halverson added the bulk of another Iowa grassroots group, Citizens for Tom Tancredo, has also backed Paul.

Tancredo dropped out of the race last week and endorsed former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. Tancredo's former Iowa campaign chairman, Bill Salier, endorsed Sen. Fred Thompson's bid for the Republican nomination the day after Tancredo withdrew from the race.

Halverson declined to provide the membership numbers of Citizens for Tom Tancredo or the Iowa Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, but described the state's Minuteman branch as one of the nation's fastest-growing chapters.

Duncan said the group exists to preserve the United States' sovereignty.

"We don't even understand anymore what a citizen of the United States is," he said. "And I ask the American citizen: Do we have that will to once again try to establish the boundaries of the United States?"

Paul agreed with the Minuteman position that insecure borders and illegal immigration threatens U.S. sovereignty.

�National sovereignty to me is very important because our rights come from our Constitution," he said. "If we undermine our own government, we undermine our individual rights. I see this as very important (to) defend our freedoms.�

TheIndependent
12-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Huge.

Dorfsmith
12-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Fantastic news!

Gimpster
I like that Tancredo's grassgroots group ignored his Romney endorsement.

literatim
Good news. :)

goldstandard
12-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Great!

integrity
I knew they would. minutemen aren't stupid! I have been donating for years and also lately have been pushing RP on them. I was a Tancredo guy up to a few months ago.

hellah10
thats very big news coming out of Iowa where the #1 issue is illegal immigration ... this is bigger then some of you may think

james1844
Great. I'll take it.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
WhooOO!!

tsetsefly
12-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Halverson added the bulk of another Iowa grassroots group, Citizens for Tom Tancredo, has also backed Paul.
Halverson declined to provide the membership numbers of Citizens for Tom Tancredo or the Iowa Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, but described the state's Minuteman branch as one of the nation's fastest-growing chapters.

VoteRonPaul2008
12-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Well it’s a wonderful choice on their part, I’m glad to hear the news.. thanks for posting!

Ernest
12-27-2007, 04:40 PM
He also has the endorsement of American Patrol.

AgentPaul001
12-27-2007, 04:40 PM
This is very big. Illegal Immigration is arguably one of the driving issues this election and the minutement are VERY active politically.

Even a few hundred Iowa Minutemen caucusing for Paul can change things substansially.

nate895
12-27-2007, 04:41 PM
I knew they would. minutemen aren't stupid! I have been donating for years and also lately have been pushing RP on them. I was a Tancredo guy up to a few months ago.

While not going so far as saying that I was a supporter, I liked him the most until I saw more of Paul's positions.

TheIndependent
12-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Someone get this dugg while I keep manning the videos

slamhead
12-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Oh MY!!!

Here is Jim Gilchrist's response to my email a few weeks back when I asked him why he threw his hat in with Huckabee. I warned him in my email that he would have people jumping ship.

"Ron is an excellent candidate. Why is he below 10% in the popularity poll?
Same goes for Tancredo, Hunter and Thompson. So, why the lack of support
from all those so-called patriots out there? Where are the hundreds of
millions of dollars of donations? So many talk the talk, but will not walk
the walk. Therefore, Rudy or Hillary or Barrack will easily step into the
White House and we will have at least eight more years of invasion.

Visit mikehuckabee.com and read his plan to deal with illegal immigration.
No one else among the top three runners for the Republicans has come forth
and published a plan.

Cheers,
Jim Gilchrist, BAJ, BSBA, MBA, CPA - Founder and President
Jim Gilchrist's MINUTEMAN PROJECT, INC. (DBA The Minuteman Project)"

RPinSEAZ
12-27-2007, 04:46 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Paul_picks_up_Minuteman_members_support

I dugg it.

TheIndependent
12-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Dugg... put in new thread for maximum exposure

inibo
12-27-2007, 04:47 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Paul_picks_up_Iowa_Minuteman_members_support

rollingpig
12-27-2007, 04:48 PM
amazing

Micahyah
12-27-2007, 04:48 PM
dugg

goldstandard
12-27-2007, 04:54 PM
dugg

Lord Xar
12-27-2007, 05:46 PM
He also has the endorsement of American Patrol.

I think they retracted and are now supported Hunter. Not sure.

PimpBlimp
12-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Fox News just did a 5 minute piece on the illegal immigration issue in Iowa. Supposedly a bunch of radio shows have set up post in Des Moines.

They went over every candidates view on immigration EXCEPT Ron Paul even after this news of minute man support.

Lord Xar
12-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Fox News just did a 5 minute piece on the illegal immigration issue in Iowa. Supposedly a bunch of radio shows have set up post in Des Moines.

They went over every candidates view on immigration EXCEPT Ron Paul even after this news of minute man support.

Was this Alipac? they have set up shop to thwart Huckabee.. ..

You telling me they, alipac, didn't mention Ron Paul -- let me know if it is alipac.. I find that funny - because their forums have a TON of Ron Paul supporters.

JohnnyWrath
12-27-2007, 05:57 PM
good news...

Ernest
12-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I think they retracted and are now supported Hunter. Not sure.

This from Dec 25th

American Patrol returns to Paul

http://www.americanpatrol.com/_WEB2007/071225.html

Lord Xar
12-27-2007, 06:00 PM
This from Dec 25th

American Patrol returns to Paul

http://www.americanpatrol.com/_WEB2007/071225.html

wow....

PimpBlimp
12-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Was this Alipac? they have set up shop to thwart Huckabee.. ..

You telling me they, alipac, didn't mention Ron Paul -- let me know if it is alipac.. I find that funny - because their forums have a TON of Ron Paul supporters.

I don't remember the specifics but they did bash Huckabee and there was not one mention of Ron Paul. Remember this was Fox News now.

fuzzybekool
12-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Big time News , especially in IOWA.

Adamsa
12-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Guys, lets go get the immigration vote!

wgadget
12-27-2007, 06:20 PM
It's about TIME....WAHOOOOOOO!!!!

Great news.

Ernest
12-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Guys, lets go get the immigration vote!

I agree I think it should be pushed more as a plank that Dr Paul will do something about. Many potential RP supporters have this as one of thier top issues. We need to let people know that RP will do more then talk about it.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-27-2007, 06:26 PM
It's my #2 issue, behind getting out of Iraq.

CelestialRender
12-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Awesome.

Dieseler
12-27-2007, 06:43 PM
We need to contact the Patriots Border Alliance as well, those guys are working wonders for the immigration problem in Arizona.
Trucking Mike had a thread on it. Need to bump it.

Lord Xar
12-27-2007, 06:45 PM
I agree I think it should be pushed more as a plank that Dr Paul will do something about. Many potential RP supporters have this as one of thier top issues. We need to let people know that RP will do more then talk about it.

As much as I love Dr. Ron Paul, I think he is being badly managed on talking points... this is a HUGE issue in Iowa (and most of the United States).. yet, not sure any of his commercials talk about his... he leaves too many questions when he shouldn't...

my 2 cents.

DealzOnWheelz
12-27-2007, 06:51 PM
FUCK YEAH THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Please disregard my blatant disregard for the profanity filter I should be using; this is a time when profanity can be used in a great way

lol

slantedview
12-27-2007, 06:56 PM
glad these guys did the right thing

runderwo
12-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Paul agreed with the Minuteman position that insecure borders and illegal immigration threatens U.S. sovereignty.

�National sovereignty to me is very important because our rights come from our Constitution," he said. "If we undermine our own government, we undermine our individual rights. I see this as very important (to) defend our freedoms.�

Huh? I thought our rights came from our Creator, not from their enumeration in the Constitution, and certainly not from any government granting them to us. Is this the Ron I know? :confused:

Mark Rushmore
12-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Huh? I thought our rights came from our Creator, not from their enumeration in the Constitution, and certainly not from any government granting them to us. Is this the Ron I know? :confused:

The wording of the issue as you present it is serious enough to cause pause - but reflecting on the rest of his speeches, positions, and policies - I think it's just a poor phrasing he's used in trying to make a separate point.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
12-28-2007, 01:16 AM

nice.

TooConservative
12-28-2007, 01:20 PM

This is a key endorsement, following the rejection of Huckabee by so many Minuteman leaders across the country a few days back.

These folks are also located more in rural areas, the place to score an upset victory. Votes cast by a few dozen people in rural Iowa count as much as thousands in a town like Des Moines. Extremely undemocratic distribution but that's how they like it.

Ron Paul already has a lot of farmers in these rural areas. He has a lot of young people. Adding in the Minuteman bunch is a big help.

I thought Duncan would pick those voters up but I guess they know he'll never win.

Tom's and Duncan's supporters will come over to us in large numbers in both IA and NH.

Lord Xar
12-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah. great endorsement!!!

Eric21ND
12-28-2007, 01:44 PM
As much as I love Dr. Ron Paul, I think he is being badly managed on talking points... this is a HUGE issue in Iowa (and most of the United States).. yet, not sure any of his commercials talk about his... he leaves too many questions when he shouldn't...

my 2 cents.

I TOTALLY agree! Where is our strong borders commercials and radio ads? Are they being played? All the other candidates are very weak on this issue. The ball is in our court on this. Let's hit them hard on this and show them Paul is the candidate that will truly fix the problems, its not rhetoric.

derekjohnson
12-28-2007, 01:49 PM
This is big could be huge if some of the MSM would pick it up, but that will never happen.