PDA

View Full Version : I am not saying it was a conspiracy, but the U.S. KNEW that Bhutto was going to be as

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Default I am not saying it was a conspiracy, but the U.S. KNEW that Bhutto was going to be assassinated...

U.S. Troops to Head to Pakistan

http://pimpinturtle.com/2007/12/26/us-troops-to-head-to-pakistan.aspx

Beginning early next year, U.S. Special Forces are expected to vastly expand their presence in Pakistan, as part of an effort to train and support indigenous counter-insurgency forces and clandestine counterterrorism units, according to defense officials involved with the planning.

TheIndependent
12-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Honestly, given the instability of Pakistan, I think it was just a matter of time over there before this happened. I sincerely don't think it was the CIA or anything clandestine behind her assassination. Musharraf is a questionable character. It's a pretty sad state of affairs over there, and worse yet our government sends them money.

RPinSEAZ
12-27-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm surprised it took that long. Bhutto wandering around the countryside in Pakistan is like George W. Bush going on a sightseeing tour in Iraq. It was inevitable.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Anyone have a copy of that email where Bhutto said that if she were assassinated she would blame Musharraf?

Kalash
12-27-2007, 04:06 PM
And now we have a slimy closet case running Pakistan.

Very charismatic.
Very personable.

But a closet case with quite a bit to hide...

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-27-2007, 04:11 PM
This is the original link:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2007/12/musharrafs_woes_have_opened_a.html?nav=rss_blog

Mesogen
12-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Obviously it was a conspiracy. The question is, who was in on it and who is responsible?
I guess that's 2 questions...

Mesogen
12-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Anyone have a copy of that email where Bhutto said that if she were assassinated she would blame Musharraf?

That's a neat trick I'd like to see.

Who did Kennedy blame for his assassination?

paulitics
12-27-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm surprised it took that long. Bhutto wandering around the countryside in Pakistan is like George W. Bush going on a sightseeing tour in Iraq. It was inevitable.

SOurce for wondering around the country like a sightseeing tour? You make it sound like she was new to the game and is naive. She feared her life, so to not take precautions sounds preposterous. Yes, she had rallies like RP. She is a politician who was trying to gain power back. Her father was killed by the govt of Pakistan.

Carole
12-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Since the NIE temporarily removed an Iran invasion off the table, I guess they needed a new place to send troops.

Darn it! I am so angry right now. :mad:

Perhaps a cup of tea, or better yet Kool-Aid.

smartguy911
12-27-2007, 05:20 PM
they already had plans to send troops in pakistan - http://blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2007/12/musharrafs_woes_have_opened_a.html?nav=rss_blog

also people need to read on Real Bhutto and her past - http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-bhutto14nov14,0,5254789.story?coll=la-home-commentary

KCIndy
12-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Sadly.... tragically.... I'm afraid this was almost inevitable. I commented to friends several weeks ago that I would be very surprised if she (Bhutto) made it through this alive.

There had been earlier, failed assassination attempts, and she was in a section of the world where political quarrels are often settled through violence.

Bhutto was a brave woman who gave her life trying to bring democracy to her country. That doesn't change the fact that Ron Paul is right - we need to stay out of it, and historically, or nation's meddling has only made the situation worse.

We need Ron Paul in office like never before.

Cleaner44
12-27-2007, 05:30 PM
That's a neat trick I'd like to see.

Who did Kennedy blame for his assassination?

Lee Harvey Boswell...close but no cigar.

Man from La Mancha
12-27-2007, 05:50 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/celeste-fremon/fatima-bhutto-pakistanis_b_72564.html

OffTheBus: How has the Bush Administration affected Pakistani politics?

Fatima Bhutto: A lot. Musharraf has been fighting the war on terror for the Bush White House, as if it was his own, and so he's brought it to our doorstep. Prior to 9/11 and the war on terror, the religious parties in Pakistan really had no ground support. Out of 400 seats in parliament, they would take maybe four or five. They would never break double digits. But after 9/11, and after opening up our borders to American forces, and launching airstrikes, the religious right has tripled or quadrupled their support. Instead of getting four seats, they get 15 or 20 seats. And now we have a civil war going on in the northern part of our country.

OffTheBus: As you know, the US will elect a new president. Do Pakistanis pay much attention to American politics? And if so, who would they like to see in office?

FB: Actually, Pakistanis follow American elections very closely, because they affect us so much. But, if you ask most Pakistanis, they believe earnestly that Republicans are the best, because they'll give us a lot of money, aide and weapons. The average person forgets that, in return, we have to do the American's dirty work for them. I think what a lot of people are most upset about is right now is that Americans are threatening to cut aid. The average Pakistani doesn't think about what we have to do to get that money.

OffTheBus; What about you? Who do you like?

FB: I have to say I like Obama a lot. His record is the best. He's always been vocal about his opposition to the war in Iraq. And he's speaking out against the Patriot Act. Frankly, he seems very good in a lot of ways. Whereas with Hillary, if you look at her record, it doesn't support what she says now. If I could vote in the American elections, Obama would get my vote.

But even Obama has come out and said, if necessary, we will attack Pakistan. They've all said that -- Republicans and Democrats. So Pakistanis feel the safest bet is the Republicans, because they will fund us and give us those F-16s that we paid for and never got. As, for the religious parties, they like the neocons because they lose a lot of their dynamism if they have no one to go up against. For them, the neocons are perfect.

Richandler
12-27-2007, 06:31 PM
I posted somewhere on here a while back. It was taking the US way to long to get into Iran in my mind. When news of the Pakistani marshal law was inacted and that US troops were going to be helping training Pakistani soldiers I knew that the shift from Iran intervention to Pakistani intervention was going to take place.

This is effectively my first prediction at what was going to happen, we'll see in the next few months if who ever is in power will let this pan out.

Dr.3D
12-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I am not saying it was a conspiracy, but the U.S. KNEW that Bhutto was going to be assassinated...

She pretty much knew it too.