PDA

View Full Version : Coordinated effort to remove Ron Paul signs by our enemies?

DirectDemocracy
12-27-2007, 03:41 PM
I was looking at Washingtondc.craigslist.com and saw under gigs that someone advertised looking for someone to remove signs. Was this someone offering to pay someone to pay to remove RP signs?Has there been other such advertisements on other craigslists around the country? Is it a national organized effort by our enemies? Someone from WV told me someone(s) have been removing his signs. I did a quick check on the forums and saw that there were other people having the same problem across the country. Should we do some sort of sting to catch these people and find out who they are? How about someone look at all Craigslists around the country and see if there any such ads there? Could this be directed by another campaign? There is a national group called Citizens Against Ugly Street Spam where they talked about in their forums removing RP signs. Are they working for a campaign? Did a campaign tell them to do this even if they are not working for a campaign? If it has in fact come from another campaign, should we retaliate by taking down their signs?

RPinSEAZ
12-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Unverified conspiracy crap.

jdmetz
12-27-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm sure that all campaigns for all offices have problems with opponent's supporters removing campaign signs. I really doubt there is any organized effort to attack a specific candidate. That said, if your signs are going missing, a youtube video of someone stealing a Ron Paul sign would probably get a lot of views and be a good way to get some positive publicity out of it. :)

steve005
12-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Unverified conspiracy crap.

troll

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-27-2007, 03:54 PM
It happens every election. They'll take down opponent signs and put up their own. No big deal, just run faster than they do.

scubasteve01
12-27-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm not worried about our signs going down, if someone were to take 1 of mine, 6 more would go up. Have at it.

Matt Collins
12-28-2007, 09:12 PM
That and I would say that if yuo put them up in a higher spot it's harder for others to take down.

A lot of it is probably municipalities and counties that don't want their area trashed.

Bradley in DC
12-28-2007, 09:20 PM
There is a national group called Citizens Against Ugly Street Spam where they talked about in their forums removing RP signs. Are they working for a campaign?

No, they are not working for a campaign. It is non-partisan. They clean up and take down ALL signs. We get mentioned on their forums because, well, some of our members have been busy (and no other campaigns have that same, shall we say, enthusiasm). ;)

wgadget
12-28-2007, 09:21 PM
The dang things are like mushrooms.

ItsTime
12-28-2007, 09:23 PM
the Romney signs stay up for weeks. once we put up our Ron Paul signs up all the signs are gone. It has happened twice to us!

PS the Romney signs are plastic bag crap signs that litter everywhere. Ron Paul signs are the best!

fuzzybekool
12-28-2007, 09:23 PM
whoever reads this post. please end it here by not posting.

Paulitician
12-28-2007, 09:25 PM
the Romney signs stay up for weeks. once we put up our Ron Paul signs up all the signs are gone. It has happened twice to us!

PS the Romney signs are plastic bag crap signs that litter everywhere. Ron Paul signs are the best!
You should take down the Romney signs then ;)

This means WAR! :p