PDA

View Full Version : Super bowl ad?

DjLoTi
12-27-2007, 02:48 PM
ok.. this was asked a long time ago and got shot down... but think about it.

Over half the country watches the super bowl. Even though it's going to be the patriots and whoever. But it's 2 days before the primary.

It's like 3 million per 30 second slot. What if RP ran 2 ads? It'd really be perfect.. a minute to say *a lot* obviously. He could talk about how most people don't like politics, as evident by only 10-15% (of the 'registered voters even) voting in the primaries.

subtract 6 million from his total right now and he's still got over the 12 mil quarter goal, and it's not even over yet. Many people hate this idea, but lets hear the alternative. Again, Feb. 3rd, right before Tuesday, with *so* many people watching.....

jake
12-27-2007, 02:49 PM
It would be a risky gamble, but I think you are right - the potential payoff could be huge. the ad itself would need to be perfect.

DjLoTi
12-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I'm just saying with such little time left, this has got to be the best bet.

BLS
12-27-2007, 02:50 PM
I think this is a do or die campaign. I say leave nothing on the table and roll the dice.

hambone1982
12-27-2007, 02:52 PM
One thing is for sure, it will be the largest audience possible.

slamhead
12-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Unfortunately the ad would be some watered down run of the mill "I'm Ron Paul......" If we could get a powerfull video of the likes you see on Youtube I would go for it.

JMO
12-27-2007, 02:54 PM
At this time there is probably no slots left for Super Bowl ads. You have to purchase Super Bowl ads far in advance.

DjLoTi
12-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah it would have to be fresh. Something like, "if there's anything more American then football it's voting. Go to RonPaul2008.com to look me up on the issues" or something like that. I think that would be fresh.

DjLoTi
12-27-2007, 02:56 PM
At this time there is probably no slots left for Super Bowl ads. You have to purchase Super Bowl ads far in advance.

Damn, you're probably right =/

OV 101 Enterprise
12-27-2007, 02:56 PM
With the appropriate add, I would say lets go for it. A politician running a superbowl ad would generate allot of press on its own. Combine that press, with the ad itself, I say it is just the sort of hail mary pass that we need.

freedom-maniac
12-27-2007, 03:12 PM
This would be way to expensive and not that cost effective, though horribly ambitious.
I think the ad that was on the CNN Republican Youtube debate would be the best but, I heards someone mention in another thread that political ads can't be aired on the Superbowl.

wgadget
12-27-2007, 03:14 PM
We need to do this, and do it with style. Do it as if we're trying to win the "BEST SUPERBOWL AD" contest.

We all know that people that hate football will watch the Superbowl just for the commercials.

What a benign stroke of luck that it's two days before Super Tuesday...

wgadget
12-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh, well, if this article is right, no political ads allowed.

How about an ad for the pre-game show? Post-game analysis?

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0116-01.htm

walt
12-27-2007, 03:24 PM

pregame slots likely are and these can actualy be cheaper and more engaged.

Then again it's in Arizona, expect something crazy to occur!

Brown Sapper
10-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Bump!! Is this a good idea now?

Lymeade-Lady
10-07-2011, 10:19 AM
I can imagine an ad now. Something that sounds like football--with an announcer and a crowd going wild..."You've been fighting hard all season. You are the underdog, against the reigning champs, but you play by the rules. And about the refs (media) constantly making unfair calls. But slowly, yard by yard your team is going for the win." And then zooming in on the crowd going wild and it's not football it's politics. "don't listen to the calls they make--he's on YOUR home team. See why the people are cheering for this championship! Or something like that.